FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

Let's think about this....if everyone was like you, and just went along. You wouldn't be making what your making now! And without insurance. But when someone brings something up right away...go find another job. But I got one better if you're so happy give the 90c back.
Wrong answer...we've gotten a raise every year, except one ,since I've been here and for years everybody "just went along".
Why in the world would anybody give money back? We can be happy and still accept more money!!

Ok swampy I have to ask, it's been almost a year and it seams to be going nowhere, do you expect it to come back? I don't see it happening.

Yep, It does "SEEM" that way. But, things are not always what they seem. I know very little, and even less that would be suitable for sharing, hence the repeated phrase: "We stay tuned..."

Since we're supposed to be talking about insurance, How much was it that we lost? Lost in the reduction of value in the insurance benefit? 5, 6, 8 grand per year? If it was just $5200/year in lost value, that would equate to $100/week ($2.50/hour). But that's not a big deal. Certainly not worth getting concerned about, right?

And if you happen to be lucky enough to work out of a location with a wage falling way behind the competition, by $1-$2/hour (3-4 cents/mile), then you should just be happy to know that you have contributed even more to the bottom line, than most., right?

Combine those two above figures, and you might have a little bit of reason for concern, right? Or am I missing something?

How much (less) should be accepted, before one says, enough already? Who might one speak to, to make the case for better? Who might provide a reasonable explanation and to why it's not better?

Just questions...

Yep, It does "SEEM" that way. But, things are not always what they seem. I know very little, and even less that would be suitable for sharing, hence the repeated phrase: "We stay tuned..."

Since we're supposed to be talking about insurance, How much was it that we lost? Lost in the reduction of value in the insurance benefit? 5, 6, 8 grand per year? If it was just $5200/year in lost value, that would equate to $100/week ($2.50/hour). But that's not a big deal. Certainly not worth getting concerned about, right?

And if you happen to be lucky enough to work out of a location with a wage falling way behind the competition, by $1-$2/hour (3-4 cents/mile), then you should just be happy to know that you have contributed even more to the bottom line, than most., right?

Combine those two above figures, and you might have a little bit of reason for concern, right? Or am I missing something?

How much (less) should be accepted, before one says, enough already? Who might one speak to, to make the case for better? Who might provide a reasonable explanation and to why it's not better?

Just questions...

Your local U representative lol

Just questions...
I would suggest you use the chain of command to seek the answers you're looking for...to climb that ladder one rung at a time until you find your answers. Are you saying this is the approach you took?

Everything above your last paragraph sounds like class warfare to me....but that's just my opinion.

Just questions...

Usually I follow you pretty good but this time you lost me. When this thing was really rolling there were people on here who insinuated that there would be 30 terminals petition. That never happened, now everything has cooled off how can you see it coming back? Maybe it will, but from my perspective it doesn't seem likely.

I would suggest you use the chain of command to seek the answers you're looking for...to climb that ladder one rung at a time until you find your answers. Are you saying this is the approach you took?

Everything above your last paragraph sounds like class warfare to me....but that's just my opinion.

Ok Red, the next call will be to Ducker. I'm being sarcastic Red, unless the opportunity presents itself, I'll stop short of pestering him. No point in trying to call Fred, as he is in no way involved in the operation of FXFE.

You mention "class warfare". Where on earth did you get that, from the questions I asked? I've never concerned myself with executive compensation, nor how it compares to ours. I mention lost value, in benefits, lower wages than competition AND lower wage within the Company for similar locations in every measurable metric. How is this class warfare? Are YOU insinuating a different "CLASS"? You must be. Is this a time when one (many) should just accept their lot in life? Can you explain your Class warfare accusation, so we can understand it?

Usually I follow you pretty good but this time you lost me. When this thing was really rolling there were people on here who insinuated that there would be 30 terminals petition. That never happened, now everything has cooled off how can you see it coming back? Maybe it will, but from my perspective it doesn't seem likely.

I can see how that could easily be perceived. I might even agree, to an extent. We do need to remember though, almost everyone on the anti side (including Company representatives) told us to be patient, that the Company was listening, had heard us, and needed time to correct things. Do you remember those conversations? I do.

Now then, the sound (or lack thereof) that you've been hearing, could be the sound of patience. Again, we stay tuned...

I can see how that could easily be perceived. I might even agree, to an extent. We do need to remember though, almost everyone on the anti side (including Company representatives) told us to be patient, that the Company was listening, had heard us, and needed time to correct things. Do you remember those conversations? I do.

Now then, the sound (or lack thereof) that you've been hearing, could be the sound of patience. Again, we stay tuned...

I personally don't remember hearing that (but I don't work there so I wasn't in the meetings). I guess my thoughts are even when things were at there worst you only had 11 or 12 terminals actually get to the point of filing a petition. Some pulled them some failed either way I wasn't as strong as we were led to believe. Now a year later the company has "fixed" some things, not everything you want but a few things. My question is is it enough to pacify the group? I'm sorry to tell you but I really don't think you ever had system wide support and I think it's less now. That's also why I think Fedex is going to fight the terminals that voted yes (particularly CLT because it's a big hub) tooth and nail. If they can stop the movement there it could be the death knell of your movement. I see NO scenario where Fedex is going to set down at the table anytime soon, do you? And be honest I don't care about what's "fair" or the "right" thing to do, this is the real world right wrong or indifferent they are going to do everything I. Their power to avoid it.

I personally don't remember hearing that (but I don't work there so I wasn't in the meetings). I guess my thoughts are even when things were at there worst you only had 11 or 12 terminals actually get to the point of filing a petition. Some pulled them some failed either way I wasn't as strong as we were led to believe. Now a year later the company has "fixed" some things, not everything you want but a few things. My question is is it enough to pacify the group? I'm sorry to tell you but I really don't think you ever had system wide support and I think it's less now. That's also why I think Fedex is going to fight the terminals that voted yes (particularly CLT because it's a big hub) tooth and nail. If they can stop the movement there it could be the death knell of your movement. I see NO scenario where Fedex is going to set down at the table anytime soon, do you? And be honest I don't care about what's "fair" or the "right" thing to do, this is the real world right wrong or indifferent they are going to do everything I. Their power to avoid it.

Deere, the truth is, without splitting hairs, there is very little to disagree with you on, in this post. I'm not about to waste time proving what was said and by who. Believe or not, your choice.

I'm not so sure CLT is going to be treated particularly different, than others. And the Company has most certainly NOT done everything in their power to prevent it. Have they done (or will they do) enough? I can't say for sure.

Last edited:
Ok Red, the next call will be to Ducker. I'm being sarcastic Red, unless the opportunity presents itself, I'll stop short of pestering him. No point in trying to call Fred, as he is in no way involved in the operation of FXFE.

You mention "class warfare". Where on earth did you get that, from the questions I asked? I've never concerned myself with executive compensation, nor how it compares to ours. I mention lost value, in benefits, lower wages than competition AND lower wage within the Company for similar locations in every measurable metric. How is this class warfare? Are YOU insinuating a different "CLASS"? You must be. Is this a time when one (many) should just accept their lot in life? Can you explain your Class warfare accusation, so we can understand it?
Wasn't being sarcastic with my chain/ladder reference, you'd be surprised at how many guys complain but never pick up the phone to address their concerns.

As for my class warfare comment, correct this is an insurance thread but you turned your post to class warfare in your third paragraph when you started comparing those at different centers who are at different wage scales in order to enhance your argument. Had you stuck with your insurance argument instead of bringing in the GPD reference, perhaps I would've kept my class warfare comments to myself.

Deere, the truth is, without splitting hairs, there is very little to disagree with you on, in this post. I'm not about to waste time proving what was said and by who. Believe or not, your choice.

I'm not so sure CLT is going to be treated particularly different, than others. And the Company has most certainly NOT done everything in their power to prevent it. Have they done (or will they do) enough? I can't say for sure.

They may not treat CLT different I don't really know it just seems to me they can get their "biggest bang for their buck" so to speak there. I never said they HAVE done everything in their power I said they WILL do everything in their power. When I made that statement about "everything in their power" I was referring to fighting the union not fixing things to prevent it. They are going to do the bare minimum to keep it out, I'm sorry to tell you but being number 1 and all of the other crap you guys talk about really has nothing to do with what you're going to get.

Wasn't being sarcastic with my chain/ladder reference, you'd be surprised at how many guys complain but never pick up the phone to address their concerns.

As for my class warfare comment, correct this is an insurance thread but you turned your post to class warfare in your third paragraph when you started comparing those at different centers who are at different wage scales in order to enhance your argument. Had you stuck with your insurance argument instead of bringing in the GPD reference, perhaps I would've kept my class warfare comments to myself.
OK, so different wages within the Company for locations similar in every measurable metric, denotes different "classes"? Well thanks, Red. That clears everything up.

Last edited:
OK, so different wages within the Company for locations similar in every measurable metric, denotes different "classes". Well thanks, Red. That clears everything up.
The fact that the wages are different makes them different classes regardless of what measurable metrics are similar.
Pitting one against the other in terms of what one has and what one doesn't is class warfare.