FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

My company's insurance costs me over $100 per week. If my fedex friend is correct that's nearly twice what fedexers pay for nearly the same coverage, so what you have is good already. It can always be better though, and we must keep the pressure on management so it will be better. Remember, there will always be a need for truck drivers even if your company folds. Some other company with a different color paint on their equipment will pick you up and pay you well. What I'm saying is don't be afraid to ask for more

The reason people with seniority won't quit has little to do with what a great company it is that they work for and much more to do with having to go to the bottom and start all over getting the garbage freight and hours that new hires have to put up with.
I didn't say it was great.
The reason people with seniority won't quit has little to do with what a great company it is that they work for and much more to do with having to go to the bottom and start all over getting the garbage freight and hours that new hires have to put up with.
They don't have to go to another freight company and start at the bottom. They can go to a bank and do the 9 to fiver or work at McDonald's or go to a company that don't recognize seniority for all I care, but they won't because the money that we get at this job for what we do and the lifestyle that we can live for the wage we receive is hard to come by.

I didn't say it was great.

They don't have to go to another freight company and start at the bottom. They can go to a bank and do the 9 to fiver or work at McDonald's or go to a company that don't recognize seniority for all I care, but they won't because the money that we get at this job for what we do and the lifestyle that we can live for the wage we receive is hard to come by.
No it's not hard to come by. How many companies are hiring right now?

Depends on where you live but that's beside the point. If where you are is not good enough to meet your financial or insurance needs move on. Simple as that!! People whine and cry over what someone else has that they don't.
That's what I've been saying from day one. They knocked on FedEx's door. It's their ballgame. And it's their right to change the rules anytime they see fit. Play by their rules or move on. No one is twisting their arms to stay. The market pays what it pays. FedEx is not that far out of line. If they can get a better compensation then go for it. Because all the complaining in the world won't change a thing.

These guys just need to concern themselves with the things they have control over. Like driving safe and taking care of their customers to the best of their ability. The suits decide what they will pay according to what the market bears. They understand they must remain competitive for the most part (and they are) or risk losing good drivers to the competition. Drivers have no control over what they get paid. Those things are out of their control. They just need to do their job and let the suits do theirs. And let the chips fall where they may. Like I've said ... All the complaining in the world won't change a thing.

Not trying to stir the pot but a lot of the higher seniority people you keep saying don't like it move on guit . Guess what we was acquired employees through the purchase of AF, Viking and Watkins. We never came to Fedex looking for a job Fedex came to us and why should we give all this up because we don't agree on a subject

That's what I've been saying from day one. They knocked on FedEx's door. It's their ballgame. And it's their right to change the rules anytime they see fit. Play by their rules or move on. No one is twisting their arms to stay. The market pays what it pays. FedEx is not that far out of line. If they can get a better compensation then go for it. Because all the complaining in the world won't change a thing.
what makes you think they owe you health insurance or 401 match, you should be responsible for that out of your wages.

... Drivers have no control over what they get paid. Those things are out of their control. They just need to do their job and let the suits do theirs. And let the chips fall where they may. Like I've said ... All the complaining in the world won't change a thing.

Won't change a thing?

I don't want to get caught up in the raise debate thing. The GPD flaw is why some are way behind the competition, BUT... Train, do you think all of the changes, some small, some significant, came about just because the suits has extra funds laying around? Or were they encouraged to make improvements? Complaints ARE the squeaky wheel. When it's more than just a couple guys bitching, they have to take notice.

Hope for change is nothing more than wishful thinking. Success will come by making the case for better conditions, and doing whatever it takes to accomplish the goal. The key is to pay close enough attention to know if your actions are bringing you closer to your goal. If not, you/we have to adjust until we find what will work.

We all know this, right? Sometimes we need to remind ourselves... And never give up. :smilie93c peelout:

Show me the money in raises I get in one pocket, but I'm paying out more out my other pocket for insurance. Now you see it, now you don't.....the raise is smoke in mirrors to offset your earnings for insurance. When the 4 organized locations negotiate their contract, guess how much they will pay for insurance????? That raise will stay in their pockets which it was intended for in the first place.

Not some double talking language by the higher ups to make it seem like they care about you.

Won't change a thing?

I don't want to get caught up in the raise debate thing. The GPD flaw is why some are way behind the competition, BUT... Train, do you think all of the changes, some small, some significant, came about just because the suits has extra funds laying around? Or were they encouraged to make improvements? Complaints ARE the squeaky wheel. When it's more than just a couple guys bitching, they have to take notice.

Hope for change is nothing more than wishful thinking. Success will come by making the case for better conditions, and doing whatever it takes to accomplish the goal. The key is to pay close enough attention to know if your actions are bringing you closer to your goal. If not, you/we have to adjust until we find what will work.

We all know this, right? Sometimes we need to remind ourselves... And never give up. :smilie93c peelout:
I understand what you are saying but I contend that much of what you are associating with getting from you know who you would have gotten anyway. They sure have felt no pressure to change the GPD in your region. Yes, sometimes the squeaky wheel does get grease. But sometimes the wheels are simply replaced.

Show me the money in raises I get in one pocket, but I'm paying out more out my other pocket for insurance. Now you see it, now you don't.....the raise is smoke in mirrors to offset your earnings for insurance. When the 4 organized locations negotiate their contract, guess how much they will pay for insurance????? That raise will stay in their pockets which it was intended for in the first place.

Not some double talking language by the higher ups to make it seem like they care about you.
I'm guessing after negotiations they'll pay the same thing they do now!! Why? Because they have no leverage!!
As for next year, our healthcare will remain the same so the raise you get this Oct will stay in your pocket!!

until they sit down and negotiate the terms i will say it will definitely not be what you're paying now. Alot less cost to the member and it will be contractually in writing.

When are they going to negotiate? And if they put in the contract that future insurance increases can be diverted from pay raises then what?