R&L | Fed-Ex new program....

Unfotunatley you'll not get an answer only what you see with the topic getting hijacked and somebody from a different company will always come in here and try to stir the pot.

With that said Let get back on Topic, Fed Ex stay out of this conversation if you don't have infomation regarding this Topic

fdx has a new program that delivers before 10;30 am,its a guaranteed or its free shipment customers have to pay extra for it.

I believe fedex can deliver their next day freight by 10:30 a.m. , almost any carrier can. Question could be "Is it more profitable to deliver before 10:30 or 10:31?". Any carrier can deliver by 10:30 a.m. all they have to do is tell the shipper that this only applies to the freight pickup by 6:30 the night before and the destination can be no further than 300 miles, and at some points 550 miles. I work for a small s@#t cracker box outfit called vitran, ran by some of the dumbest people on this side of the milkyway and somehow they have delivered before 10:30a.m. time and time again, and if it made it there after 10:30 a.m. the shipping charges were for free. They dont do that anymore, because a lot of customers have downsized there shipping and receiving departments. Nowadays you send a truck with 3 delivers on it before 10:30 you might get the first one off easy but that 2nd stop might have 5 trucks in front of you, yeah you might try to run to the 3rd and realized you should have stayed at the 2nd, next thing you know you only got 2 off by 10:30. i hope vitran will never try to be like R&L because in their case it is not profitable, but dont get too cocky because fedx (or any other carrier) can do the same as R&L

I believe fedex can deliver their next day freight by 10:30 a.m. , almost any carrier can. Question could be "Is it more profitable to deliver before 10:30 or 10:31?". Any carrier can deliver by 10:30 a.m. all they have to do is tell the shipper that this only applies to the freight pickup by 6:30 the night before and the destination can be no further than 300 miles, and at some points 550 miles. I work for a small s@#t cracker box outfit called vitran, ran by some of the dumbest people on this side of the milkyway and somehow they have delivered before 10:30a.m. time and time again, and if it made it there after 10:30 a.m. the shipping charges were for free. They dont do that anymore, because a lot of customers have downsized there shipping and receiving departments. Nowadays you send a truck with 3 delivers on it before 10:30 you might get the first one off easy but that 2nd stop might have 5 trucks in front of you, yeah you might try to run to the 3rd and realized you should have stayed at the 2nd, next thing you know you only got 2 off by 10:30. i hope vitran will never try to be like R&L because in their case it is not profitable, but dont get too cocky because fedx (or any other carrier) can do the same as R&L

You make some very valid points here.... All the LTL companies have there own little perks...Some work ...some don't

Fed Ex has to realize receiving departments don’t stop everything for ltl companies like they do for package deliveries!!

I agree but I would say the fed-ex guys contributing are long time LTL guys and realize this.... there are very few FX delivery guys that grace this forum......Now Back to Sasi

fed-ex is starting thier new program that will guarantee service by 1030 am.how can this be done without holding the freight for a day,to deliver the next am?Yrc is also trying something simular to this.What will our response be?Or is this them responding to our GSDS program.

we have or used 2 have the same thing called jetservice

I'm a fedex driver
I get .56 mile, 23 something an hour, full med dental, chiro, vision, 140 per mo
everytime I stop to fart I'm on the clock
Unless all of a sudden you join masterfreight
your not even close

I'm a fedex driver
I get .56 mile, 23 something an hour, full med dental, chiro, vision, 140 per mo
your not even close

Well you are just special...Guess what, WE DON'T CARE....Go fart on the clock...

Dear Westdriver, BFD !!! None of that adds up when you sitting home.We talk to your guys on the street and we know that 2 or 3 days a week don't cut it.You may be one of the guys with some time in that you work every day but don't act like everything is tits at Fed Ex.

I'm a fedex driver
your not even close

If you don't have something positive to add to this thread then don't post here...... 1st and only warning:popcorn:

Well you are just special...Guess what, WE DON'T CARE....Go fart on the clock...
Hey Brace, I just want to chime in here and also add that we get paid to fart from clock in to clock out. If he (westdriver) accidentally farts on his lunch break then really he didn't get paid for that fart.:biglaugh:

Hey Brace, I just want to chime in here and also add that we get paid to fart from clock in to clock out. If he (westdriver) accidentally farts on his lunch break then really he didn't get paid for that fart.:biglaugh:

That is a great observation...At least we get paid to fart on our lunch break..:biglaugh: Anyone who gloats in this economy, and tells everyone how good they have, and how bad everyone else has it, is setting their self up for a fall.:popcorn: Lets all just watch...

me personaly i dont care what other carriers pay or do i make a good living here my household lacks for nothing ,others who come on here to bragg and try to put down need to look at there own barn and company if you put them all in a bag shake it up they are all about the same

I'm a FedEx driver
I get .56 mile, 23 something an hour, full med dental, Charo, vision, 140 per mo
every time I stop to fart I'm on the clock
Unless all of a sudden you join master freight
your not even close

Your right,not even close.I get 24.70 an hour.full med,dental,all the other crap and pay 40 something a month.And we get payed from punch to punch.No forced lunch taken out whether you stopped or not.I worked there so I know all about FDX.