Yellow | Fed ex playing games with the rdwy/yellow customers

I have read these posts, some good some not so much, and I do understand the pressures and feelings generating some of the responses.

I don't wish to see anyone lose their job, myself included, and in uncertain times while not wishing bad on someone else at the same time many know that the misfortune of others would help to make their job more secure, whether that be YRC or any other carrier. I think you guys are thinking the same thing because if someone else went out that would put that freight on your trucks also.

While I understand the feelings the veiled threats of violence is something I don't get, we are all doing our jobs, why would you threaten someone for feeding his family?

I do wish you all well and if you stick together like a true brotherhood I think you will survive, not by threatening others but simply by doing your job the best you can, do what it takes to take care of the customer, I'm on the road now so all I do is point A to B and back so not much customer interaction, but when I was in the city I did what was needed to get the customers freight p/u and delivered on time, whether it was a late lunch or whatever.

What's happening to you guys will affect all others whether they chose to beleive it or not.

As for the FX ads and hand outs, well, I disagree with them and think it is a bad choice of tactics, from what my customers response were back in the CF deal they had a dim view on these things, they should have never referenced any other carrier, just put out their service offerings.

Sorry to have butted in here....

FM

lets see , been at fed ex for only 4 years. start at 9:00 am every morning, done by 6:00 7:00 every night. drive same tractor and trailer every day. in the same route. get paid 21.60 hr with no dues. gay uniform?? i feel proud to wear the uniform. i see very few yrw in uniform why?? no pride?? proud to wear the fed ex uniform.

Well you could be wearing those baggy brown shirts and those cute baggy brown shorts.That way if you dont have time for a rest stop it will not be noticed.:hysterical:

:biglaugh:Yeah,yeah :clap:But who gets it there in one piece.I have seen some of what your shipments look like[My wife's business]:nutkick:Not pretty

Well I have seen two Volvo diesel engines del.to the dealer in Houston Tx.completly trashed.Looked like they had a contest to see how much damage they could do.City del.driver all ways trying to get the ticket signed in a hurry before damage was documented. All ways trying to get out of paying for damage.So they quit using the Yellow one.

And they shall!
Whats wrong with it is that the only company out there advertising using other companies names in a degrading way for thier bennefit is Fed-x!
How about if UPS started an add and used the safety specs of fed-x and showed a couple laying on there side in the median then left a comment.
For a few dollars more.....we will get it there intact!
The point is. Fair play is selling a product with your own services and price.....its not right to belittle or bash others manipulate customers.

The flyer points to "Published Reports" about Yellow and Roadway combining and a large workforce reduction. Thats it. "Published Reports" information pointing towards a potential service disruption. The selling of the product is the fact that FedEx will have no disruption and wont leave the freight sitting on the dock. If YRC is the Big Swinging Richard on the block then this flyer shouldnt make any difference, and I doubt if many got handed out anyway. It doesnt say anything degrading at all.

The flyer points to "Published Reports" about Yellow and Roadway combining and a large workforce reduction. Thats it. "Published Reports" information pointing towards a potential service disruption. The selling of the product is the fact that FedEx will have no disruption and wont leave the freight sitting on the dock. If YRC is the Big Swinging Richard on the block then this flyer shouldnt make any difference, and I doubt if many got handed out anyway. It doesnt say anything degrading at all.

Well now days every company is trying to get more bussiness just to stay alive.Compatition it the name of the game and makes the world go around.But now its getting to be a dog eat dog world.

It is indeed degrading and is without any fact!
Published reports from the company said there would be no service disruption!
The add is pure speculation and lists unfounded or unproven facts to degrade another carrier by name when in "fact" the plan of this other carrier may very well accelerate or improve the service provided.
Point is there was no reason for them to advertise with the name of another carrier and belittle them with nothing more than speculation and its wrong,its also illeagle and those are the simple facts.

fed ex sales reps telling rdwy/yellow customers that where going out of business sending faxes and letters telling them to get there freight routed to them before it's to late. It's time to take the gloves off with these non-union carries and go back to the way the 50's 60's where and get the baseball bats out. tired of playing games with these boys.

:chairshot:

This is an awful statement. I think most non-union drivers, myself included, really feel for you and your families having to take a pay cut. I work for Con-way and I saw 2100-2200 co-workers cut on 12/05.

If you are threatening violence against non-union drivers with your bat, please, come at me first. I will put all my assets on the line saying you will loose "snake eyes". PM me and I'll tell you who I am and where I am. Maybe we can meet up...

Maybe you should think about WHO sent the memos and e-mails! It wasnt the drivers or dockworkers, it was some marketing firm for the head people, you know, the ones who wear the suits. So why would you want to go after the regular guys?

Maybe you should think about WHO sent the memos and e-mails! It wasnt the drivers or dockworkers, it was some marketing firm for the head people, you know, the ones who wear the suits. So why would you want to go after the regular guys?

I have been very supportive of all union and non-union drivers who are all in a tough spot right now. We are all hurting.

One of your drivers made a statement that it is time to get the bats out to show the non-union boys. I want "snake eyes" to come at me first. As I said in my last post, he will loose. I'm real easy to figure out here. I hope he PM's me to take me up on my offer.

I have been very supportive of all union and non-union drivers who are all in a tough spot right now. We are all hurting.

One of your drivers made a statement that it is time to get the bats out to show the non-union boys. I want "snake eyes" to come at me first. As I said in my last post, he will loose. I'm real easy to figure out here. I hope he PM's me to take me up on my offer.

All are hurting, Conway just had a bunch shown the door with no notice, have heard that Fedex will possibly do the same. Baseball bats are not the answer. We need to stand together and help one another, Union and non-union. I wiil not cross a picket line, or pick-up freight at a union barn. But dont come at me with a weapon because of what my bosses did!

anytime your in chi-town give a shout.pm anytime. drivers talk everyday to the customers where do you think the info came from.now the customers lie to? drivers will say anything to get the freight.

Can you define insanity?

You keep thinking that.
The point and title of this thread is advertising!
Want to talk about divide and conquer tactics?....better consult your history books first. You can start with the mistakes of a man named ಠ▄ಠ....enough said there!
Now carry on and keep expanding....lol

I realize this is a waste of time but, isn't the rumor of an advert creating division from a group of people you wish to move to your point of view?

As your numbers dwindle maybe one day you will come realize your way of making friends is not working.

We can only pray

Well I know I am only one person,but if I order anything,I want it UPS.they are great,and I do a lot of shopping off the internet,I love the way UPS does things.Plus if Im alseep and he pounds on the door when Im alseep and he brings me a new golf club ,and I jump up in my skibbys ,he promises he wont tell anyone,What more could you ask for? I love UPS! I dont give a **** if it cost me $5.00 more their worth it! we all got to make a liveing ,Whats important to me is he or she is there,and that says something to me!

anytime your in chi-town give a shout.pm anytime. drivers talk everyday to the customers where do you think the info came from.now the customers lie to? drivers will say anything to get the freight.

I don't care where you got the info. I don't work for FedEx I work for Con-way. As I initially said, I hope all the Teamsters can pull through. I have a big issue with you threatening violence against non-union drivers. I hope I'm the first one you try to use the bat on. You will loose. As I said, I will put all my assets on you losing. Don't write checks you can't cash.

I had a post regarding this on page 25 or 26 of this thread. Read it and maybe you will understand why so many were upset by the flyer. The flyer may say one thing but the mind understands another.