TForce | Fed Ex union

I believe it will help them out alot, right now they have no voice, they have managers that do what they want to whom they want, n dont want. The point system they talk about would be enuf for me to organize if i worked there. When i worked for central trans it was a nightmare, we tried to organize but once the union busting started from the company, people backed down (this was just one barn). If they stick together throughout the country, they have got a great chance to succeed. Strentgh in numbers is the most powerful tool.

Well, It will benefit the Industry by making the power of a union much stronger. Power is in numbers. Only the employees of FedEx can make this change if they truly want it. Only the employees of FedEx knows what their issues are within their company. I personally think it would be great for the industry. Do I think they will organize? No, I don't believe the employees are quite ready to make that change. The question is, how much will they take from the company before they realize what the lessor of two evils are?

My self they treat us like shi--- but that's me. Hearing fixing to take ins. Away and believe it to be true.if ur friends with anyone at fedex please tell them to sign and vote yes. God help us all at fedex. Sorry to join in y'all,s thread but we need a little more encourance over here.

My self they treat us like shi--- but that's me. Hearing fixing to take ins. Away and believe it to be true.if ur friends with anyone at fedex please tell them to sign and vote yes. God help us all at fedex. Sorry to join in y'all,s thread but we need a little more encourance over here.

My friend its not easy to make a decision like yours. You will hear rumors all the time. You guys need to keep focus and stay together. Research your rights and explore both the pro's and con's of a union before you decide your vote. Taking your ins. sounds like a scare tactic. Are you going by hearsay or do you know this to be true. Everyone will tell you they have a good source were their info. comes from but their source never seems to have proof. Just more hearsay. Dont be focus on all the negative gossip on the T.B or you will never see the out come of your goal. Some folks like to make a monster out of everything. You do have a hard road ahead to get the union in that's for sure, but don't be put in fear mode over info. that has no validity to it. Make them give proof of their info. or don't buy into it. Good Luck makinit and all those at Fed Ex

What is your thoughts on Fed Ex going union? How will it benefit them and the industry? Just curious.

As long as they go company wide, it will be great.. But if they go just with the larger terminals, it will be Overnight, overnight..... Fred's got a lot more money and pull than the owners of Overnight ever thought about having...

As long as they go company wide, it will be great.. But if they go just with the larger terminals, it will be Overnight, overnight..... Fred's got a lot more money and pull than the owners of Overnight ever thought about having...

You do realize that Overnite Transportation was owned by the largest Rail Road in the country. Union Pacific Rail Road who owned other rail road companies and many, many trucking companies and also owned Universal Studios.

Fred Smith will go broke before he lets the union in, i'd put money on that

Well yrs ago I would have put money on it too! I'm a 20 yr FedEx driver/ AF driver. FedEx has pushed us into a corner and we have had enough!

This isn't a couple of driver's whining! This is nation wide! California to Charlotte, New York to Miami. We are not rushing a vote. Terminals jump on board everyday.

Also Fred only owns 49 percent of FedEx now. So he doesn't have final say.

It's not money we are after its a safety net from fire happy management

Your chances of unionizing Fedex or Fedex Ground are somewhere below slim and none for one simple reason. They have more contract workers than company employees. They ware the fedex uniform and drive equipment that says fedex on the door, but the truck is owned by a contractor. That's why they were able to get so big so fast. The leased you drum beaters can do is start off with the right company, Fedex Freight. FXF does have contractors pulling their trailers but all the equipment is driven by FXF employees both line and local. At the end of this year 2014 the Pension Protection Act will expire unless it is extended. The Teamsters are already talking about cutting the pension back to 1300 dollars. In 1980 the ratio of working Teamsters to retirees was 4 to 1. Today that number has reversed. You don't have to be a CPA to figure out the problem. You can try to organize the countries largest LTL carrier and I wish you luck. You might want to spend a little time writing your congressman about getting the Pension Protection Act extended. TP FXF Retired.

Your chances of unionizing Fedex or Fedex Ground are somewhere below slim and none for one simple reason. They have more contract workers than company employees. They ware the fedex uniform and drive equipment that says fedex on the door, but the truck is owned by a contractor. That's why they were able to get so big so fast. The leased you drum beaters can do is start off with the right company, Fedex Freight. FXF does have contractors pulling their trailers but all the equipment is driven by FXF employees both line and local. At the end of this year 2014 the Pension Protection Act will expire unless it is extended. The Teamsters are already talking about cutting the pension back to 1300 dollars. In 1980 the ratio of working Teamsters to retirees was 4 to 1. Today that number has reversed. You don't have to be a CPA to figure out the problem. You can try to organize the countries largest LTL carrier and I wish you luck. You might want to spend a little time writing your congressman about getting the Pension Protection Act extended. TP FXF Retired.

UPSF Pension has nothing to do with the Teamster Pension Plans. Our pension is completely company funded and only protected through a union contract. Company contributions will be negotiated at contract renewal and FedEx could do the same.

You do realize that Overnite Transportation was owned by the largest Rail Road in the country. Union Pacific Rail Road who owned other rail road companies and many, many trucking companies and also owned Universal Studios.

That doesn't excuse the fact the whole company wasn't Teamsters... I know who owned it, I was proving that if FedEx only went partial union, it wouldn't work as well..

Fred Smith will go broke before he lets the union in, i'd put money on that

Ya know there is a saying in business, "You're too big to fail"... I think Fred is at that point.. Closing it would be detrimental to him and his stockholders(especially these guys)... You don't really want to **** off your money bags people....