TForce | Fed Ex union

look at all the money he would save on anti-union training

We are all grownups here, I think.. So the "anti-union" thing IMO, is a thing of the past. They show up at the vote, make their feelings known, and move on these days.. It all boils down to if you, the employee, want the union or not.. It's that simple..

Scare tactics have never bothered me too much in my life.. I lived through VN, so I don't scare easy....LOL

We are all grownups here, I think.. So the "anti-union" thing IMO, is a thing of the past. They show up at the vote, make their feelings known, and move on these days.. It all boils down to if you, the employee, want the union or not.. It's that simple..

Scare tactics have never bothered me too much in my life.. I lived through VN, so I don't scare easy....LOL

We're hearing the same tired old talking points at my center. The same ones found here:http://fedexfreightworkplace.com

Last edited by a moderator:
We're hearing the same tired old talking points at my center. The same ones found here:FedEx Freight Workplace

The employees talking anti union are the manager's boys.. All of them are snitches and always will be.. I'm perfectly happy being non union, but then again, I would be perfectly happy being a union guy, as I was for 15 1/2 years..

What matters is what the employees of FedEx want.. As I would think at my work..

Union is spreading like wild fire throughout FedEx. We are tired of their crap. We are treated like morons. The drives get the scraps of freight that are left over from the trains and outside carriers. If FedEx wanted to run their freight on the rails they should have bought a train and left A/F and Watkins alone. I hated the unions but, I signed my card today. We tried to get the company to listen but they refused. Now, we will make them listen!

Union is spreading like wild fire throughout FedEx. We are tired of their crap. We are treated like morons. The drives get the scraps of freight that are left over from the trains and outside carriers. If FedEx wanted to run their freight on the rails they should have bought a train and left A/F and Watkins alone. I hated the unions but, I signed my card today. We tried to get the company to listen but they refused. Now, we will make them listen!

With a union contract the managers/supervisors will be held accountable for disrespecting employees. You will never stop the company from using the rail but you can have a say in what percentage of rail the company uses through contract negotiations.

Yep pretty much said it all. We tryed to make them listen but they just don't care. So,,,, here we go. We feel we have NO voice. They are simply a terranicle organization that has to be held accountable. Enough is enough. We just keep getting more and more crap rammed down our throat. They treat us like we are the ENEMY . Why? All we do is do our jobs. WE JUST DO OUR DAM JOBS and try to do our best everyday. At least I do. And now you have to worry about what's next everyday . This is the thanks I get for 16 years of safe driving, without a scratch???? No, I'm done. Union all the way. Their out of control.

Just a note Overnite was not union until UPS bought them out. Overnite at least in Harrisburg was nice to work for and yes I worked for Overnite in Harrisburg and South Holland and was there when the buy out took place and when the union vote came down. At the time I didn't support the union but I wouldn't want to work here without them now.

I have but 1 thing to say, truck driving at one time was, and still is to a degree an excellent profession to get into at ground level . However since deregulation, $$$/ Driver/ Hr. in the industry have declined. Most companies are looking at flat rates, for example Hypothetically of coarse: 40/HR/Driver, to 60/HR./Driver, seems to be the norm. Some companies way less. I feel, and I know a lot of others do as well, this should be higher!!!!! Unfortunately, with growing numbers of non union carriers in the industry playing with benefit packages, no insurance, no overtime, mediocre ins. overtime after 50, 55, . And making drivers work 70 hours a week . It seems as if though Major companies are calling the shots and providing very little for the people who get them to the top!!!!! It is about time this changes and with unionization amongst the big players in the industry, and small players alike I feel we as an entity can call the shots, and its about time.

Why should Corporate America bask in riches and creature comforts and we dwindle in blood sweat and tears?????

GO FEDEX, JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD.

I have but 1 thing to say, truck driving at one time was, and still is to a degree an excellent profession to get into at ground level . However since deregulation, $$$/ Driver/ Hr. in the industry have declined. Most companies are looking at flat rates, for example Hypothetically of coarse: 40/HR/Driver, to 60/HR./Driver, seems to be the norm. Some companies way less. I feel, and I know a lot of others do as well, this should be higher!!!!! Unfortunately, with growing numbers of non union carriers in the industry playing with benefit packages, no insurance, no overtime, mediocre ins. overtime after 50, 55, . And making drivers work 70 hours a week . It seems as if though Major companies are calling the shots and providing very little for the people who get them to the top!!!!! It is about time this changes and with unionization amongst the big players in the industry, and small players alike I feel we as an entity can call the shots, and its about time.

Why should Corporate America bask in riches and creature comforts and we dwindle in blood sweat and tears?????

GO FEDEX, JOIN THE BROTHERHOOD.

Great post. LTL companies are raising thier rates now, now that we are climbing out of the "recession". But yet we the drivers dont see the riches the companys r raking in. If fed ex gets on board, then the rest should follow. Then finally the playing field should get a bit even

I have a question, and I'm in no way trying to stir up trouble I swear. Please correct my "facts" if I have them wrong because they may be. The way I understand it before the big Overnight organizing campaign in 99 some of your barns had voted to join the union, what happened to them after the Teamsters called off the strike?

FedEx driver here.... Question. What was done, if anything with your 401ks from Overnite? Did they just leave them alone and your "pension time" start at UPS freight conception? Did they let you buy in to the present UPS Freight pension?

As far as I know when the Teamsters did the strike at Overnite employees walked off the job to strike without a vote and Overnite, assisted by Union Pacific, just rerouted freight. As far as I know though there was never an actual vote and I don't believe that the NLRB was acknowledging cards at that time.

As far as the pension and 401k went. 401k wasn't touched other then the administrator changed, for example you would have had 1 with ING and then 1 with the Teamsters if you worked here prior to the buyout/unionization. See when UPS bought us out they started everybody's seniority at 0 as if you never worked there however to determine where you fit in on this list was based of your original hire date. Pension was froze and a completely new plan was started under UPS (that was done at the buyout). Pension formula stayed the same through the 1st contract but changed in the 2nd again Teamsters have no access to this money they only got to negotiate the formula.

I have a question, and I'm in no way trying to stir up trouble I swear. Please correct my "facts" if I have them wrong because they may be. The way I understand it before the big Overnight organizing campaign in 99 some of your barns had voted to join the union, what happened to them after the Teamsters called off the strike?

The teamsters wanted a nationwide card signing in 99..That didn't happen..The majority, at the time was not ready to unionize and they gave it up..There was never a strike by Overnite employees, just wildcat strikes.(employees who wanted to unionize would picket the terminal while off duty with fellow teamsters from other unions)

FedEx driver here.... Question. What was done, if anything with your 401ks from Overnite? Did they just leave them alone and your "pension time" start at UPS freight conception? Did they let you buy in to the present UPS Freight pension?

The 401k we have with Overnite was renamed UPS savings plan (ING) and was frozen, no more company matches or contributions. The fund still grows as the stocks do, I have most of my money with UPS stock and I see about a $5000 + increase each year in that 401k..You cant roll it or take it out unless you are terminated , quit or retire and then you will be hit with taxes unless you leave it till 59 1/2 years old. The Teamsters plan have a similar 401k with prudential you can enroll in, no company match, and you can contribute up to 35%.We also have a regular pension. and that's basically $105 for every year your employed....or your 5 highest paid years out of 10, there's a formula you have to figure and someone with 30 years+ and making over 73,000+ can retire with 3500-4000+/mo. If FedEx goes Union you will have your own plan which you will have to consider before voting one in and if they decide to put you in the Central states pension plan..Wwwweelll, that may be a problem, that plan is significantly underfunded. And anyone in that plan cannot retire and get benefits till their 67..So , hope your contracts gives you a decent plan.