Yellow | Fed Ex votes to Decertify-union

Obviously that would be a matter of opinion and the FedEx drivers in Charlotte have a different opinion on the matter. I would prefer to work union but the teamsters have taken the edge off of the advantage. What we need is a viable alternative to the teamsters and if I was in their shoes I'd be looking at options other than the teamsters.
"taken the edge off of the advantage" WOW you should be a politician! That was very diplomatically stated! I usually state it more like the Teamsters have done a crappy :shit:ty ****ed up job! But taken the edge off works also!

FedEx Freight drivers at Charlotte facility vote to decertify Teamsters union - Charlotte Business Journal
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...eight-drivers-at-charlotte-facility-vote.html
local 71 s worthlesswe cant even get s
FedEx Freight drivers at Charlotte facility vote to decertify Teamsters union - Charlotte Business Journal
https://www.bizjournals.com/charlot...eight-drivers-at-charlotte-facility-vote.html
I don't blame fedex drivers for wanting to getting away from local 71 in charlotte...hear at yrc freight we cant get ANY start times for road drivers in the year 2017.... and local71 is going to let yrcw walk all over us in this up coming change of operations..+13 on the road when it should be -13 and in many other ways local 71 is just terrible

I don't blame fedex drivers for wanting to getting away from local 71 in charlotte...hear at yrc freight we cant get ANY start times for road drivers in the year 2017.... and local71 is going to let yrcw walk all over us in this up coming change of operations..+13 on the road when it should be -13 and in many other ways local 71 is just terrible
The problems with the teamsters are not limited to your local, they are nationwide. The product they are trying to sell is sour.

Sorry don't mean to cut in here. But i wanted to get a point of view from you Union people..
Question is?? Do you think the trucking industry would benefit from more trucking companies going union or would it hurt the trucking industry more.
?#2 if more companies did go union would it help the worker's in setting standards or would it lower the standard?

The industry needs a different answer than the Teamsters. For there to be a renaissance in LTL freight there needs to be a union that only represents that segment of the industry. Even as a fat and happy OD driver I might be in favor of something like that.

I work out of the CLT center and was involved with negotiations... Local 71 was great in every way to our people and what partly hurt us was teamsters (like you) themselves bitching about their union and their local when we are fighting to get what SO MANY of you take for granted... I've been with this company for over 22 years and have watched my medical insurance go sky high and know in any disciplinary hearing at work I have to speak for myself, try that one on for size.. Steve Bess, Joe Eason, Ernie Wrenn, Steve Bishop and Regina and Adina are all great people, too many of you take for granted the work they do for so many of YOU every day. We fought damned hard to get this union voted in here and between the company stonewalling through the court system our certification for 20 months and then dragging its feet in negotiations for a year not agreeing to ANYTHING different than current company policy, the people bought into the lies and propaganda the company and its minions were selling and we simply lost. Drivers didn't take the time to meet the people at the Local or attend any meetings or simply never gave it a chance to begin with.... Had we had more support from other terminals across the country it would have been a totally different outcome I am sure. But throughout we had GREAT support from Local 71 and it's people and several international organizers. Try organizing a giant like this sometime, you may appreciate what you currently have a helluva lot more I can assure you. People had to FIGHT to get what so many of you take for granted, we fought hard but ultimately lost, I would certainly trade spots with many of you I can guarantee you that.

I work out of the CLT center and was involved with negotiations... Local 71 was great in every way to our people and what partly hurt us was teamsters (like you) themselves bitching about their union and their local when we are fighting to get what SO MANY of you take for granted... I've been with this company for over 22 years and have watched my medical insurance go sky high and know in any disciplinary hearing at work I have to speak for myself, try that one on for size.. Steve Bess, Joe Eason, Ernie Wrenn, Steve Bishop and Regina and Adina are all great people, too many of you take for granted the work they do for so many of YOU every day. We fought damned hard to get this union voted in here and between the company stonewalling through the court system our certification for 20 months and then dragging its feet in negotiations for a year not agreeing to ANYTHING different than current company policy, the people bought into the lies and propaganda the company and its minions were selling and we simply lost. Drivers didn't take the time to meet the people at the Local or attend any meetings or simply never gave it a chance to begin with.... Had we had more support from other terminals across the country it would have been a totally different outcome I am sure. But throughout we had GREAT support from Local 71 and it's people and several international organizers. Try organizing a giant like this sometime, you may appreciate what you currently have a helluva lot more I can assure you. People had to FIGHT to get what so many of you take for granted, we fought hard but ultimately lost, I would certainly trade spots with many of you I can guarantee you that.
There is a lot of merit to what you say. I knew a couple of those you named personally and the fact that they are still around tells me that they are still doing a good job. They were great guys. The problem is that they are rare, they are part of a horribly corrupt organization and there is nothing that they can do about that. They have to live by the reputation of the whole organization, life is rarely fair. I felt, and still feel as though the teamsters did not put their best foot forward. I feel as though those centers that voted to go union were subsequently retaliated against by the company in obvious ways but the teamsters did nothing about it. They didn't even try. You don't always have to win to win your members over but you do have to try. No raises, routing freight around the centers, no new equipment are a few of the things your guys were speaking about. I heard enough of it that I believe it happened. Labor charges for retaliation would have demonstrated a willingness to represent if nothing else. Hoffa has left our union in horrible condition and he's not done with it yet.