ODFL | Fed X cuts Fuel Surcharge

consider this.... if you can beat them buy them!
and if you don't want to but them force them out!!!!!

this is the american way
just hope your on the winning team!!!

Well it is the middle of August. The stock market is taking a dive. But super trucker is right to. If any frieght company could force others out it would be the ones with the big cash.

Well it is the middle of August. The stock market is taking a dive. But super trucker is right to. If any frieght company could force others out it would be the ones with the big cash.

sparky :1036316054:

You are so right.
During economic downturns the weaker carriers have a hard time making their ORs and the stronger carriers can afford to go after market share by providing a better service at a reasonable price.

:smilie_132:

base already higher than most

if they did not raise there base rates they are going to shoot there self in the foot oil has been trading higher all week just a mater of time before it hits at the pump they might be able to do it short time but not for long sonds like a move to atract cust. hopfuly they **** off a bunch when they have to raise there rates up and the cust. jump to us we need more freight

The fedex base and the con--way bases are already inflated as much as 30% them reducing the fuel surchsrge really does not get them in the ball park for other base rates it is a tactic to undermine the inteligence of the customers.

a tactic to undermine the inteligence of the customers.

WHAT?

look, Fedex is hungry!!!!
its just as simple as who's food is fedex going to eat? that is business at its simplest form.

In order for business to grow, customers MUST be Obtained or the rate of how much a customer uses your services must increase.

either way some one loses business and some one gains.

now fedex is providing a service that most don't, can't, or just don't want to. So when a company, person is trying to get the most for there money.........

The fedex base and the con--way bases are already inflated as much as 30% them reducing the fuel surchsrge really does not get them in the ball park for other base rates it is a tactic to undermine the inteligence of the customers.

It's true that FedEx is one of the most expensive LTL carriers to ship with. But they offer money-back guarantees along with bundled Ground & Express parcel discounts and so they land alot of big, national accounts. This means greater density, which is key to profitability in LTL (and parcel).

No offense to OD and other pure-play LTL carriers, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to compete against FedEx on national accounts - especially with the growth of core-carrier relationships. This is why UPS had to buy Overnite because FedEx was hurting them with bundled LTL\parcel discounting. And it is why DHL will have to buy an LTL carrier if they want to compete against UPS and FedEx.

The surcharge cut means that for every $1000 a shipper puts on Fedex trucks, they will save $50.00. Doesn't sound like much but since FedEx deals with alot of big customers that ship often, it does add up.

It's true that FedEx is one of the most expensive LTL carriers to ship with. But they offer money-back guarantees along with bundled Ground & Express parcel discounts and so they land alot of big, national accounts. This means greater density, which is key to profitability in LTL (and parcel).

No offense to OD and other pure-play LTL carriers, but it is becoming increasingly difficult to compete against FedEx on national accounts - especially with the growth of core-carrier relationships. This is why UPS had to buy Overnite because FedEx was hurting them with bundled LTL\parcel discounting. And it is why DHL will have to buy an LTL carrier if they want to compete against UPS and FedEx.

The surcharge cut means that for every $1000 a shipper puts on Fedex trucks, they will save $50.00. Doesn't sound like much but since FedEx deals with alot of big customers that ship often, it does add up.

thanks for the back up, i thought i was alone.:hide:

Fed X and UPS were in the forefront of innovated service, UPS with Parcel and Fed X with Small package air. It may be true that the next big innovation is all transportation needs in one company. In reality though there is not that much room or any real innovation in Regional or National LT. (the service cannot be improved that much) Unlike the original real innovation that started these two giants. Now its just business.

Fed X and UPS were in the forefront of innovated service, UPS with Parcel and Fed X with Small package air. It may be true that the next big innovation is all transportation needs in one company. In reality though there is not that much room or any real innovation in Regional or National LT. (the service cannot be improved that much) Unlike the original real innovation that started these two giants. Now its just business.

Sorry but I have to say you are thinking small!
you go nowhere thinking like that, if there is a need you find a way. in other words, you say there is no where left to go in ltl .
well that is the need now fedex will find direction and go there and that is original real innovation a new direction!

AND I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.:smilie_132:

Sorry but I have to say you are thinking small!
you go nowhere thinking like that, if there is a need you find a way. in other words, you say there is no where left to go in ltl .
well that is the need now fedex will find direction and go there and that is original real innovation a new direction!

AND I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.:smilie_132:

I operated a Air freight business when Fed X was a start up company. They reduced the rate from 90 to 120 dollars to Jezz I forget what but it was cheap for a next day by 9 am delivery. that was a 300 or 400 % lower rate of course customers went to them. You guys from AF were probably pushing around a toy truck in the nursery at that time. That was innovative are they going to do that with the LTL business.

Why do you think you are going to hurt my feelings.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... lots of hot wind blowing around here. I still like how this deal is only for new customers and not any customers under contract rates. The larger companies will adjust to compete with Fed Ex just like the OTR carriers are competing with the cut throats like SNI, Werners and the Swifts these days.

who else is cutting fuel surcharges?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... lots of hot wind blowing around here. I still like how this deal is only for new customers and not any customers under contract rates. The larger companies will adjust to compete with Fed Ex just like the OTR carriers are competing with the cut throats like SNI, Werners and the Swifts these days.

your probably right, I guess that noise is all those bean counters punching those buttons..... it going on two weeks now since the cuts....... how many others have jumped on board? i have been disconnected for a little while i haven't heard.
?:shrug:

in michigan the states provides a waiver
if the ltl company picks up in states and delv's out of state and then also picks up out of state then delv's in state they are exempt!

well this isn't Michigan. The OT issue has been beaten before. Please go back to your FedEx board. It's obvious you've been looking for someone to bicker with you ever since you started posting in this thread. :smilie_132: