ODFL | Fed X cuts Fuel Surcharge

where the state has not provided a new law over what super trucker said about interstate transportation they are not required to pay overtime.before OD i worked for another small ltl that did not pay overtime at all,even after 60 and the pay per hour was well below everybody else,but they would guarantee 40 hours per week even if you swept the dock to get your time.it was a nice starter job.

fuel cut

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... lots of hot wind blowing around here. I still like how this deal is only for new customers and not any customers under contract rates. The larger companies will adjust to compete with Fed Ex just like the OTR carriers are competing with the cut throats like SNI, Werners and the Swifts these days.

It was cut on all the customers that did not already have fuel cuts( most contract rates already have large fuel cuts).In our Area we only had 1 or 2 that didn"t get it and there fuel surchage is already very low.

It sounds like basically Fed X got a lot of good press for little of nothing. I have heard that it is UPS freight that is really giving the big discounts.

It was cut on all the customers that did not already have fuel cuts( most contract rates already have large fuel cuts).In our Area we only had 1 or 2 that didn"t get it and there fuel surchage is already very low.

Thanks for the input FXCITY.Do the individual discounts show up on the freight bill (if you're not paperless) ?

Thanks for the input FXCITY.Do the individual discounts show up on the freight bill (if you're not paperless) ?

It just shows what the fuel charge is now,It was 19 point something and now it is 14.5, Our freight bills have always shown the percentages but only dollar amounts on collect shipments

There is no way FedEx Freight would have lowered their fuel surcharge 25% if they thought it would bite them later. It is a stratigic move that either will or won't pay dividends. That will be determined later, but Fred Smith doesn't throw darts at a board. He's got people in Washington in his back pocket. My guess is that he knows something.

There is no way FedEx Freight would have lowered their fuel surcharge 25% if they thought it would bite them later. It is a stratigic move that either will or won't pay dividends. That will be determined later, but Fred Smith doesn't throw darts at a board. He's got people in Washington in his back pocket. My guess is that he knows something.

I know you(jim bob) don't like me posting the truth about when i worked at OD BUT I agree with
Bottom Dollar, Rome wasn't built in a day!
and fedex likes to take market share slowly and for good.