FedEx Freight | Fed X

Which ones do you prefer??:hide:

ycfCwJa.jpg

Dang!! I should have listened to BRG, went with CRST, and not been Wong ......

Listen TrkPhil came to start crap, Hader joined in trying to smear the crap....

TrkPhil says he's at YRC...with all their give backs they are way back in the scale of things ....why try and start when you are way back...

I'm not braging about $28.08....Lube as for the 3 hundred grand....I've been at half that , but I'm in a part of the country where 2 Cuban flotilla's and 30 years of wide open borders robbed me of my way of life, I'm here, I'm happy, the rate is decent.

And, I see another change coming...I just thank the Lord for what I have...

And we're getting a bonus Friday

No I'm not trying to smear anything, nor am I a union troll. Quite the opposite, I hate unions. Merely saying that that I am better off after I left Fed Up. Thom posted his pay scale for whatever reason, trying to impress someone I guess. Truth is I am now seldom employed and much happier.

Working for YRC we have a few fed ex employees working there now. So I ask one guy is it better here or over there. I was shock what he was telling me. Number one the fed ex employees pay $750 per month one week pay check. I said your friends know you pay zero for your coverage? Then he says $1000 week is about all they make this is before taxes. So my question is this true?
I have the more expensive health plan out of the two. For medical, dental & vision I pay $17 and something cents per week. That coverage is for myself with no dependants. The bonus I get every 6 months puts all that back into my pocket and then some. As far as $1000 a week that can be true. If I only worked 37.5 hours for the week, as a city driver, I'd only make $1000. I hope that helps answer your question Trkphil.

Listen TrkPhil came to start crap, Hader joined in trying to smear the crap....

TrkPhil says he's at YRC...with all their give backs they are way back in the scale of things ....why try and start when you are way back...

I'm not braging about $28.08....Lube as for the 3 hundred grand....I've been at half that , but I'm in a part of the country where 2 Cuban flotilla's and 30 years of wide open borders robbed me of my way of life, I'm here, I'm happy, the rate is decent.

And, I see another change coming...I just thank the Lord for what I have...

And we're getting a bonus Friday
Yes you will be paid your bonus Friday. It will be added to your normal check like the last time.

Since we're comparing companies, I have a question for you....I see when YRC's linehaul drivers perform meet and turns they not only swap trailers, but they also swap trucks which requires each driver to "move out" of the truck they were driving. Do these guys get compensated for performing a "tractor change" as well?
Depends on the supplemental agreement, Carolinas you wouldn't get the switch but the time waiting on your slipman. Plus they don't pay to move personal things it shouldn't be nothing but slipbox antenna and small bag in case you have to go thru.

Working for YRC we have a few fed ex employees working there now. So I ask one guy is it better here or over there. I was shock what he was telling me. Number one the fed ex employees pay $750 per month one week pay check. I said your friends know you pay zero for your coverage? Then he says $1000 week is about all they make this is before taxes. So my question is this true?
Insurance is bad at freight. Premiums are low however deductible stupid high. You will get better insurance almost anywhere. Don't focus solely on premiums..

Example 2500 deductible ÷12months =208 a month. With premiums your looking at 400 a month. That's if you use your insurance of course. This is an example. Not what I pay just an example

Insurance is bad at freight. Premiums are low however deductible stupid high. You will get better insurance almost anywhere. Don't focus solely on premiums..

Example 2500 deductible ÷12months =208 a month. With premiums your looking at 400 a month. That's if you use your insurance of course. This is an example. Not what I pay just an example

Yep! It's great if you don't use it or I suppose It might be ok if ya need open heart surgery

Yep! It's great if you don't use it or I suppose It might be ok if ya need open heart surgery
Also "challenging", is when a family member needs Physical Therapy. The reimbursement account can be eaten up in less than a month, leaving quite a hole, until the deductible is met.

Wonder what changes the coming repeal might generate. Does anyone expect a return to anything close to the coverage of the past?

Wonder what changes the coming repeal might generate. Does anyone expect a return to anything close to the coverage of the past?
Return to anything close...probably not. I think you'll find that once the Feds "give" the public something it's almost impossible to take back.

I do agree with the notion of selling healthcare insurance across state lines and tort reform, both should reduce the rising cost of insurance IMO...but that's probably a topic for another thread.

This is not an example, it's my actual numbers based on this criteria...I have the family choice plan so my premiums are about $64 per month...plus my family deductible of $2,250 = $3,018 per year...minus my free $900 HRA ($700 + $200)...and my total monthly cost are $176.50.

Now before some start complaining about how much this cost, just think about what you spend on other, less important things such as hobbies, over-priced auto payments, etc... I know for myself that I spend more than that per month playing golf...which is where I'm headed right now!! :woot2: