FedEx Freight | FedEx Accident in CCI

Ohio State Police And Fedex Crash

I watched that video several times and as grainy as it is I can't see any spray, just looks like a grainy picture??

I was told that the driver was terminated, not for this accident but apparently he had an unreported ticket. Anyone know if this is true?

FM

don't know yet

I watched that video several times and as grainy as it is I can't see any spray, just looks like a grainy picture??

I was told that the driver was terminated, not for this accident but apparently he had an unreported ticket. Anyone know if this is true?

FM

As of Fri. 2-23-07 there is no word of his termination. Still on "hold".

The Driver was out of LIT. He does a laydown from LIT to CCI. He is fine but hasnt been allowed to come back to work yet. I used to slip seat with him on the last bid. He is a really good guy and driver.

The Driver was out of LIT. He does a laydown from LIT to CCI. He is fine but hasnt been allowed to come back to work yet. I used to slip seat with him on the last bid. He is a really good guy and driver.
you guys should go to bat for him...he needs you all right now..I am afraid the publicity of this video plastered on every news station a 1000 times across the country will play into his future more than anything else...and that would be a shame!!

The thing thats so bad is that night they cancelled all runs out of Cincinnati execpt the runs going to south. I drive to LOU and I went through NKY about 2130 and there was no reason to be out there.

This drivers had an empty on his rear!

When I came back through NKY about 300am it was worse.

Its pretty bad hear in CCI about driving in bad in snow and icy conditions.

We had drivers that called in due to the amount of snow and the road conditions in there area.

The next day during city driver meetings the road drivers were called "Cowards" for not coming because of the snow.

When drivers would call and say that cant get out of there driveway or there it took there wives 4-5 hours to come home from work. There were hung up on and told mark so and so down they cant drive in the snow either.

The reasons they say we should drive in these conditions is that we get paid very well for what we do, what are supposed to, shut down everytime it snows?, so and so made it in, etc.

That night the sent a driver on his first run EVER in a truck without a trainer that night.

Safety First.......

Its pretty bad here about this issue.

If JC gets fired good it would be a shame.

This is a perfect reason people dont want to drive in those conditions. Management is to afarid to make the call to shut down. They put the decision in the lap of the driver and when they make the call that its to bad. The management says you need to make an attempt. My attempt is watching the news and seeing traffic taking 4 hours to travel 10 miles, snow emergency's, the cameras on the interstates, and seeing what I just shovled off my driveway.

You know rather the driver was going too fast or not I don't think you can tell by video the other day I was working around the house out by the road and the traffic going by was from 30-40 mph standing close to the shoulder they seem a lot faster. I bet if you took your video camera and pointed towards the on coming traffic it would look a lot faster on replay.

Flight 93 never surrendered; should we?

From all the times they had it on the local news hear it looks like he Wasnt driving faster than the flow of traffic.

JC is a good driver.

First of all ''cci crash'' welcome to the boards and thank you for the insight on this.

Second who made the comment that we were ''Cowards'' for not wanting to drive in the bad snow ?

Our CCM said that in several pre-shift meetings the next morning.

He did get in some trouble over it and called a few Road Drivers and apologized to some who called off.

But still, its just shows how they feel about the situation.

After the first storm in December our CCM said the customer expects us to deliver no matter what, and I agree we should make an attempt, but central was turning guys around and sending them back out even though they were told it was not safe to do so, saying they needed to make an attempt even though they had just spent 5-7 hrs doing what usually takes 3.75-4 hrs.

What you have to do is come in and if you have to run 5 mph then so be it, once the wheels stop turning and your stuck on the highway you go on delay so kick back and enjoy a paid nap while waiting for the highway to reopen. Or find a hotel, more comfort but no pay :)

FM

What human life is worth one trucking company's account?
Safety should always be the number one issue in the transportation industry.

I agree about the attempt but when you cant get out of your driveway and the highways are in terrible shape. What are you supposed to do? I think there is more to the attempt than making it to work and driving a truck around the block. I think with the information at our disposal with the web, interstate cameras, news, and weather radar you can make a pretty good assumption about the conditions on the roadways without driving a tractor trailer around the block.

When the county calls for a snow emergency and the Mayor of Cincinnati closes the city and tells everyone to go home early at noon. Plus its still snowing 2-3 inches an hour. I think it might be a little bad on the roads.

So the attempt thing is what the management will use to try and get people in to work. They dont want to make the call to shut down and if the driver has something happen then they say its your descretion.

I agree that you can go out and drive in those conditions 1000 times and nothing will go wrong. The one time you mess up. Its your job.

"....The one time you mess up. Its your job." and your house and your cars and........

You must not get much ice out your way. All chains would do is slow down your top speed. They don't do crap on ice. They only work on snow.

Uhh yes I do get alot of snow and ice my way. Do you think we only line drive in Nevada? I've had to chain a few times this winter in Wyoming due to 2 inches of ice on the roadway, my chains seemed to have worked pretty good in the ice then because I wasn't the one of the 15 trucks spun out in a ditch on the I-80 or how about through Vail Colorado? Or I know how about through Truckee CA through the Sierras where there is plenty of ice on the highway. Desert Driver? Uhh Okay!

After the first storm in December our CCM said the customer expects us to deliver no matter what, and I agree we should make an attempt, but central was turning guys around and sending them back out even though they were told it was not safe to do so, saying they needed to make an attempt even though they had just spent 5-7 hrs doing what usually takes 3.75-4 hrs.

What you have to do is come in and if you have to run 5 mph then so be it, once the wheels stop turning and your stuck on the highway you go on delay so kick back and enjoy a paid nap while waiting for the highway to reopen. Or find a hotel, more comfort but no pay :)

FM
FAMILYMAN; first question,, how long have you been driving ? is safety a paramount in your opinion ? once your driving record is blimished in this day and time it is challenging to recover. if the weather is that bad , why put yourself @ risk and damage your driving record ?:hide: