Central Transport | FedEx big wigs.

11th hour

TB Lurker
Credits
Good luck Vitran,you have some good people coming to save you,in no time those x FedEx big wigs are going to make Vitran a competitive LTL company.

Good luck Vitran,you have some good people coming to save you,in no time those x FedEx big wigs are going to make Vitran a competitive LTL company.
I am sure they are the best in their field, but we needed them five years ago. If the Economy turns around slightly, they may have a chance....

They are really good guys,been with AF,FedEx Freight for over 20 years sorry to see them go,you guys will be very happy in the future,just give them a chance.

.......maybe last step before fed ex buys u.s. division from vitran so they can go hide in canada. similar to dhl and daimler retreat. that might be a good thing.

I just found out that vitran in chicago got their "little" bump in pay, depending on how long u have been there. u got either 36cents or 80cents. I see a new lexus in my near future :)

i know there's a terminal where it was from pennies all the way to $2 an hr. there were smiles from a handful of drivers, but most of drivers were pissed off. another bad move from keylon. they should've gotten everyone on same pay schedule and a cost of living raise first. congrats to those who did get the adjustment.

that has always been the thing here, we are all VT now, we should all be on the same pay schedule (plus cost of living of course)

I guess he thinks that nashville has a bunch of hillbillies that already have 6 acres and a mule already paid for, this money crap is a complete joke, this is our raise, september will come and go. enjoy your " supersized fries" u all earned it

They are really good guys,been with AF,FedEx Freight for over 20 years sorry to see them go,you guys will be very happy in the future,just give them a chance.

But the Dark Side is powerful at Vitran. If anybody can corrupt them into complacency, apathy, or "eh, that"s good enough, let the next terminal/ driver/ mechanic worry about it", Vitran can!

From what i heard we had four new fedex upper management defectees start over here this week. Wish i new what was going. Are they just getting their ducks in a row to buy us out or is keylon really trying to run with the big dawgs.

now they have to fix the pay schedule. pjax drivers have 2 wks held back when vitran only has 1. they should either catch up pjax drivers or hold back the vitran drivers.

They are top notch guys,they are going to turn Vitran around,just give them a chance,it's not going to be an overnight thing,in six months you will see a big change for the better.

Is it just me, I sense a lot of bad attitude from some when we discuss FE coming in here? Considering we have posted losses every quarter I have been here, and FE has posted profits, what am I missing?

I think 6 months will be enough time to see what will really happen with this outfit, I am just going to sit back, do my job and let the big dogs get us out of this rut, I know one thing for sure, is that we need some inspiration at each barn. cause the morale is in the crapper, I think a cook-out or something in that nature. I mean if you get alot of the workers together off the clock and their mind not full of stress, I think that will make the team members appriciate wearing the vitran uniform, the only problem I think with that is wheres the $ going to come from............

:6799: All the world's large problems can be solved with a small amount of high explosives, or at least tolerated by having a pig roast and beer (lots of beer):guiness:

Some sort of take over seems eminent. If these FedEx guys are as good as reported, why are they being let go so easily. But the question is why the interest in a sinking ship? Perhaps there is a deal for a gateway into the great white north. FedEx takes over U.S. operations for a partnership into Canada.

Back when CK started I heard he came over here do to micro managing by his bosses, not that they did a bad job, just look at the $$$$ numbers, but i am the kind who always looks for bigger and better things too. What if we.....? Why are we not ........? That is fine if a boss dismisses my ideas, but when they don't even want to hear them due to being stuck on an attitude of "better" than me, yes I would go somewhere with someone that "thinking outside the box" is appreciated