FedEx Freight | FedEx Buying Watkins!

Why does it seem people want to say FedEx is buying WML for their truckload business. WAI has a truckload company but it not Watkins Motor Lines it LandSpan. To my knowledge WML wouldn't only quote a complete pup and not a van. At least at the terminal I was at.

fr8rookie said:
Why does it seem people want to say FedEx is buying WML for their truckload business. WAI has a truckload company but it not Watkins Motor Lines it LandSpan. To my knowledge WML wouldn't only quote a complete pup and not a van. At least at the terminal I was at.
Don't think they are saying truckload, but long haul.
Right now FXF uses outside carriers for this and it is something that Watkins sleepers may be able to take over.
All is speculation, I'm sure if the deal goes through there will be plenty for all, just ride the wave.

FM

local61man said:
as i posted earlier,i'm thinking about signing back on with watkins in asheville.nc and i just wanted to get some of the guys honest opinion about it given what might happen with the fedex thing around june 1st.:smilie_132:

When AF and Viking first merged they took some of the terminals that ovelapped each other and combined the workforce and the freight. Nobody was laid-off, but there was some discontent among the employees. If you can get on with Watkins or FXF, you'll be making a wise decision! Good luck dude!

fr8rookie said:
there's alot of Chips out there. I'll even bet there's alot of Chips wishing they were the real Chip about right now.

Thats why I think it was so funny rookie, I knew that wasnt the Chip that we know hahaha

local61man said:
as i posted earlier,i'm thinking about signing back on with watkins in asheville.nc and i just wanted to get some of the guys honest opinion about it given what might happen with the fedex thing around june 1st.:smilie_132:
Try to get on at FedEx Freight up there. At least go over there and get to know those guys.

fr8rookie said:
Maybe a new thread tring to guess how much WML is worth to FedEX should be next it might ease things up over here.
A billion dollars, a spot on the board of directors, and a whole lot of written assurance that Watkins people keep ALL their jobs.

It's not in what they're sayin, its in what they're not sayin.Both have declined to make a statement until or around June 1. Hint Hint!!

mrblanche said:
Did anyone else notice that the only source for this report was the reports in the Lakeland and Memphis papers, both of which were unsourced?

Again, I'm not saying it's not true, but no article yet has given any evidence.

I agree with you mrblanche. I've wondered the same thing. I've also wondered why this has not been picked up by any of the main news agencies. All that is being said is the same thing over and over but no sources. I agree that it's not necessarily what is being said, it's what is not being said. But that also leaves so much open to speculation. Guess we will all just have to wait it out.

mrblanche said:
Did anyone else notice that the only source for this report was the reports in the Lakeland and Memphis papers, both of which were unsourced?

Again, I'm not saying it's not true, but no article yet has given any evidence.

I agree with you 100% mrblanche. I'm not saying it's not gonna happen. What I'm saying is there are very few people that do/would know about any sale and they are/would not be talking about it.

What's being printed in these papers is pure speculation

Good luck to all involved if anything comes of this