FedEx Freight | FEDEX buying Watkins

If all the rumors are true, I wonder how many people will lose their jobs on both sides?? I have not heard any reponse about that from either side. This buyout may put people on the unemployement line Watkins and FedX

Stay calm

I say calm down we will see soon enough.
None of us want to loose our jobs.
Lets give this a chance and stay calm for now.

fr8rookie said:
If all the rumors are true, I wonder how many people will lose their jobs on both sides?? I have not heard any reponse about that from either side. This buyout may put people on the unemployement line Watkins and FedX
I disagree 100 % with your post...I feel like probably nobody will lose their job. FedEx is rapidly expanding and needs good people. A certain number of people who cannot accept change will most likely quit, but I do not believe this will be a situation where jobs are cut.

Your right rattlesnake......it will be a positive move for both sides. I think the only thing that can cause some drama or job problems.

And sorry to say this to the union drivers here. But I think Fedex wants to ensure no union envolvement. This could cause some tension in the merger.

No one is going to loose their job , there may be some shuffling but with drivers at a premium most everywhere and the increase in volume of freight no one will be looking for work unless they choose to.

WGN News Announcement

FEDEX supposedly offered a cool billion for Watkins. Though I heard this second hand, it seems it may be in the mix