FedEx Freight | Fedex buys Genco

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
fedex as of yesterday bought a logistics co based out of Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Wait till FedEx goes in and downsizes that company. Ask them how well they like the purchase. I have lived one of fedexs purchases of a past company and it wasn't pretty.
Mergers usually aren't pleasant for those that are being acquired.....by any company.

That's because we are a profitable non union company and can continue to invest in infrastructure , equipment, and new ventures. Go Fedex!
Yeah, rather than "investing" in our people...

We've made such profits on our ragtag team of misfit, under compensated employees, now we can afford to expand into other areas. Woo Hoo! Pop the cork on the champagne!

I'm joking, of course, but good humor always has in it, an element of truth.

wonder if the purchase of Genco would have effected the No vote in LOU and wonder how it will effect the revote of the terminals that pulled their vote. more PT's and now all those big pick ups that we made can be made by PT. So now the dock workers hours are less they won't have to transfer those head loads or trailer loads to the PT's because hey FXF can load them direct....WAKE THE HELL UP PEOPLE!!!!:censored:

So you all really think that the purchase of Genco happened because of the union threat. How naive can you be, company buy outs do not happen over night they take months even years to take place.

Fed ex and ups have been playing the 'keeping up with the jonses' game for years.
FedEx gets a freight arm, ups does too.
Ups branches out into warehousing and FedEx follows suit.
I just hope FedEx gets rid of the genco employees and hires people that actually work.
At Those camp Hill, PA genco warehouses you can spend over a hour there delivering 2 skids..

That waiting will all change when they put on the purple. The former Genco workers will get FedEx goals just like we do.