FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Hammer

On Time Delivery
Credits
Do you other Fedex drivers wonder as I do why the majority of pro union posters on our site don't even work for Fedex. Most are either driver for YRC, ABF,UPSF, or Holland. Many are union organizers or officials just here to stir the pot and trying to unionize Fedex. Does it make sense for competitors to try to "help us out" just because they care about us. Their motives should be very clear. Maybe they think our dues money and Fedex,s contributions would bail out their failing pensions. Or maybe with Fedex being the LTL market leader in both volume and revenue they feel threatened by our increasing growth while they struggle to be profitable. Notice some of their names such as ABFer, YRC-arm, UPSer, 222 lifer whose profile also lists as Union Thug. Even some of the purported Fedex drivers are former union drivers who came to us when their jobs dried up at their failing companies such as Bladerunner 2000. Maybe he thinks he can get more time for his pension added if we become union. Why listen to these clowns who have an ulterior motive that you can bet isn't to help us out. I will be the first to admit that out management has made mistakes, with scorecard being the most glaring one, but they seem to be changing for the better. Scorecard is gone. Vacation scheduling has been tweaked for the better. They got rid of the big wheels who started the whole mess. Many of the posts are in regard to our benefits. The union talk started because of the Scorecard and other safety infraction policies period. The benefit issues have been trumpeted once the pro supporters couldn't blame it on the safety policies after they were changed for the better. While I too would like and appreciate more money, better insurance, and a stronger pension, the teamsters are not the answer. With the current shortage of qualified drivers the marketplace will force companies to up the ante in order to keep their workers from jumping to another carrier. Just look at Conways recent pay increases as an example. They were losing drivers to us, but now their pay is comparable. The pro guys always point to UPSF as their "golden child" but one thing to remember they are very new to being unionized and haven't had time for any declines to occur yet as with the older companies. As far as their raises go they are locked in to small, as in 50 cent raises for the next several years by their contract. We in the meanwhile will be getting substantial raises due to the aforementioned driver shortage. In short do you really trust the teamsters with their proven track record of corruption and bankrupt companies with your future. Remember they have lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years. There are good reasons for this. I am sure that the pro side, who as I said,don't even work for us will try to discredit me with name calling such as redshirt etc. I assure you that I am a proud Fedex "driver" just like the rest of you.

Fedex drivers will be getting substantial raises ? When ? Says who your crystal ball ? Whats stopping them from giving a raise tomorrow ?

Do you other Fedex drivers wonder as I do why the majority of pro union posters on our site don't even work for Fedex. Most are either driver for YRC, ABF,UPSF, or Holland. Many are union organizers or officials just here to stir the pot and trying to unionize Fedex. Does it make sense for competitors to try to "help us out" just because they care about us. Their motives should be very clear. Maybe they think our dues money and Fedex,s contributions would bail out their failing pensions. Or maybe with Fedex being the LTL market leader in both volume and revenue they feel threatened by our increasing growth while they struggle to be profitable. Notice some of their names such as ABFer, YRC-arm, UPSer, 222 lifer whose profile also lists as Union Thug. Even some of the purported Fedex drivers are former union drivers who came to us when their jobs dried up at their failing companies such as Bladerunner 2000. Maybe he thinks he can get more time for his pension added if we become union. Why listen to these clowns who have an ulterior motive that you can bet isn't to help us out. I will be the first to admit that out management has made mistakes, with scorecard being the most glaring one, but they seem to be changing for the better. Scorecard is gone. Vacation scheduling has been tweaked for the better. They got rid of the big wheels who started the whole mess. Many of the posts are in regard to our benefits. The union talk started because of the Scorecard and other safety infraction policies period. The benefit issues have been trumpeted once the pro supporters couldn't blame it on the safety policies after they were changed for the better. While I too would like and appreciate more money, better insurance, and a stronger pension, the teamsters are not the answer. With the current shortage of qualified drivers the marketplace will force companies to up the ante in order to keep their workers from jumping to another carrier. Just look at Conways recent pay increases as an example. They were losing drivers to us, but now their pay is comparable. The pro guys always point to UPSF as their "golden child" but one thing to remember they are very new to being unionized and haven't had time for any declines to occur yet as with the older companies. As far as their raises go they are locked in to small, as in 50 cent raises for the next several years by their contract. We in the meanwhile will be getting substantial raises due to the aforementioned driver shortage. In short do you really trust the teamsters with their proven track record of corruption and bankrupt companies with your future. Remember they have lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years. There are good reasons for this. I am sure that the pro side, who as I said,don't even work for us will try to discredit me with name calling such as redshirt etc. I assure you that I am a proud Fedex "driver" just like the rest of you.
First off, Dues money is not and cannot be used for the pension funds. Next, I personally could care less if you or any other company goes union. I interject when you post falsehoods and outright lies about the union. You keep saying that those voting should make an educated vote, well you need to educate yourself before you make some of the posts that you make.

First off, Dues money is not and cannot be used for the pension funds. Next, I personally could care less if you or any other company goes union. I interject when you post falsehoods and outright lies about the union. You keep saying that those voting should make an educated vote, well you need to educate yourself before you make some of the posts that you make.

Some people here spend too much time thinking about things they have no control over. Then open their pie hole's and out comes a bunch of chewed up word's that make them look stupid.
If your going to toot your company horn make sure you do a proper pre lip zip.................

Man you could at least seperate that mess you wrote into smaller paragraphs, it all runs together just like the same bs you spew on a daily basis.

Sigh...I guess we have to go over everything....again. I state this here: I am for a better retirement, better conditions and such. It does not have to be the pension fund offered through the Union. I have stated that due to the fact that Fed Ex is reaping large profits off our sweat, we deserve to see some of that dough put into our retiremements. I think thats fair. You on the other hand, perhaps do not think it is. Perhaps you enjoy, relish the thought even, that you will have a very small pension accompanied by a small SSI payment. Perhaps in your golden years, you might come to regret having such a small retirement offered up by Fed Ex.

On the safety record. I add this link here to clarify a few points. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investiga...een-in-More-Than-700-Accidents-254980991.html UPS drives far more miles and have far less accidents and incidents per mile. Please refer to the chart comparing Fed Ex, UPS and DHL. You can also refer to this link to view the Motor Carrier Safety: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ You can view/request any safety record for any motor carrier. This might help you make a valid point, which you have failed to provide. UPS makes more money and has a better benefit package to offer, and they are UNION.

If you are going to argue, at least have some fact, not insults against those seeking answers to questions.

On the excuse as using driver shortage, you have yet to clarify this point. So if there is a driver shortage, that means that there are no drivers entering this career field. So if no drivers are entering this career field, that means we get more dough? I see it differently than how you view it. If there are no, or so few drivers entering the field, that means those drivers start out at lower rates of pay due to not having enough experience. Entry level draws far less pay in my experience.

On your '1,000,000' union members lost figure. Please refer to here to help you understand how wrong your numbers are. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm You can also click on the corresponding links on the page and do some review. Yes, there have been a drop in Union memebership. But, thats because companies, such as Fed Ex keep a steady drum beat on anti-union speeches, and the employees fall for it. This allows them to keep their profits to themselves and continue to work us like dog/slaves.

Sigh...I guess we have to go over everything....again. I state this here: I am for a better retirement, better conditions and such. It does not have to be the pension fund offered through the Union. I have stated that due to the fact that Fed Ex is reaping large profits off our sweat, we deserve to see some of that dough put into our retiremements. I think thats fair. You on the other hand, perhaps do not think it is. Perhaps you enjoy, relish the thought even, that you will have a very small pension accompanied by a small SSI payment. Perhaps in your golden years, you might come to regret having such a small retirement offered up by Fed Ex.

On the safety record. I add this link here to clarify a few points. http://www.nbcbayarea.com/investiga...een-in-More-Than-700-Accidents-254980991.html UPS drives far more miles and have far less accidents and incidents per mile. Please refer to the chart comparing Fed Ex, UPS and DHL. You can also refer to this link to view the Motor Carrier Safety: http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ You can view/request any safety record for any motor carrier. This might help you make a valid point, which you have failed to provide. UPS makes more money and has a better benefit package to offer, and they are UNION.

If you are going to argue, at least have some fact, not insults against those seeking answers to questions.

On the excuse as using driver shortage, you have yet to clarify this point. So if there is a driver shortage, that means that there are no drivers entering this career field. So if no drivers are entering this career field, that means we get more dough? I see it differently than how you view it. If there are no, or so few drivers entering the field, that means those drivers start out at lower rates of pay due to not having enough experience. Entry level draws far less pay in my experience.

On your '1,000,000' union members lost figure. Please refer to here to help you understand how wrong your numbers are. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm You can also click on the corresponding links on the page and do some review. Yes, there have been a drop in Union memebership. But, thats because companies, such as Fed Ex keep a steady drum beat on anti-union speeches, and the employees fall for it. This allows them to keep their profits to themselves and continue to work us like dog/slaves.
Dear, Former YRC driver who jumped to our ship while yours was sinking, did you even read my post? Pretty sure I stated that I too want better pay and bennies. And why would you even compare us an LTL trucking company to the likes of the Van drivers at DHL and UPS package? Apples to oranges. It is a fact about the 1,000,000 teamster reduction over the last 20 yrs. A driver shortage means just that "a shortage" of drivers for the available positions. It doesn't mean no drivers entering the field as you state. As far as entry level pay it has less to do with experience than it does with supply vs. demand and what would entry level pay have to do with what an experienced driver already at the company makes anyway? If you don't like having to work hard for your pay maybe you can go back to one of the union carriers. Oh yeah that's right they aren't hiring because they are shrinking as opposed to growing like Fedex. Remember we don't need you, you needed us. We don't need to be like your former employer. Maybe you can recall why you left.

Dear, Former YRC driver who jumped to our ship while yours was sinking, did you even read my post? Pretty sure I stated that I too want better pay and bennies. And why would you even compare us an LTL trucking company to the likes of the Van drivers at DHL and UPS package? Apples to oranges. It is a fact about the 1,000,000 teamster reduction over the last 20 yrs. A driver shortage means just that "a shortage" of drivers for the available positions. It doesn't mean no drivers entering the field as you state. As far as entry level pay it has less to do with experience than it does with supply vs. demand and what would entry level pay have to do with what an experienced driver already at the company makes anyway? If you don't like having to work hard for your pay maybe you can go back to one of the union carriers. Oh yeah that's right they aren't hiring because they are shrinking as opposed to growing like Fedex. Remember we don't need you, you needed us. We don't need to be like your former employer. Maybe you can recall why you left.
My union ltl company has been on an all out hiring spree for the last 15 months. So there is another falsehood exposed.

Lol what a good argument union people don't work hard. Statements like these is why nobody takes anything you say serious.

My union ltl company has been on an all out hiring spree for the last 15 months. So there is another falsehood exposed.
Maybe Bladerunner can get his old job back and add to his pension. You know the one that is in serious danger of cutting benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.