FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you other Fedex drivers wonder as I do why the majority of pro union posters on our site don't even work for Fedex. Most are either driver for YRC, ABF,UPSF, or Holland. Many are union organizers or officials just here to stir the pot and trying to unionize Fedex. Does it make sense for competitors to try to "help us out" just because they care about us. Their motives should be very clear. Maybe they think our dues money and Fedex,s contributions would bail out their failing pensions. Or maybe with Fedex being the LTL market leader in both volume and revenue they feel threatened by our increasing growth while they struggle to be profitable. Notice some of their names such as ABFer, YRC-arm, UPSer, 222 lifer whose profile also lists as Union Thug. Even some of the purported Fedex drivers are former union drivers who came to us when their jobs dried up at their failing companies such as Bladerunner 2000. Maybe he thinks he can get more time for his pension added if we become union. Why listen to these clowns who have an ulterior motive that you can bet isn't to help us out. I will be the first to admit that out management has made mistakes, with scorecard being the most glaring one, but they seem to be changing for the better. Scorecard is gone. Vacation scheduling has been tweaked for the better. They got rid of the big wheels who started the whole mess. Many of the posts are in regard to our benefits. The union talk started because of the Scorecard and other safety infraction policies period. The benefit issues have been trumpeted once the pro supporters couldn't blame it on the safety policies after they were changed for the better. While I too would like and appreciate more money, better insurance, and a stronger pension, the teamsters are not the answer. With the current shortage of qualified drivers the marketplace will force companies to up the ante in order to keep their workers from jumping to another carrier. Just look at Conways recent pay increases as an example. They were losing drivers to us, but now their pay is comparable. The pro guys always point to UPSF as their "golden child" but one thing to remember they are very new to being unionized and haven't had time for any declines to occur yet as with the older companies. As far as their raises go they are locked in to small, as in 50 cent raises for the next several years by their contract. We in the meanwhile will be getting substantial raises due to the aforementioned driver shortage. In short do you really trust the teamsters with their proven track record of corruption and bankrupt companies with your future. Remember they have lost over 1,000,000 members in the last 20 or so years. There are good reasons for this. I am sure that the pro side, who as I said,don't even work for us will try to discredit me with name calling such as redshirt etc. I assure you that I am a proud Fedex "driver" just like the rest of you.
Wow...that's all I have to say about this post. It's dripping with misinformation and flat out lies. It's sad that some of you actually believe what comes out of your mouth are facts when it is just uneducated opinion.

First off, Dues money is not and cannot be used for the pension funds. Next, I personally could care less if you or any other company goes union. I interject when you post falsehoods and outright lies about the union. You keep saying that those voting should make an educated vote, well you need to educate yourself before you make some of the posts that you make.
There's no sense trying to inform some people on arguments that have been beaten to death since before this campaign began and will continue for long after. Someone they trusted, who was uninformed, relayed the information to them and they took it as ironclad proof. You will never change the mind of someone close minded.

Wow...that's all I have to say about this post. It's dripping with misinformation and flat out lies. It's sad that some of you actually believe what comes out of your mouth are facts when it is just uneducated opinion.
Please elaborate on the misinfo and the flat out lies.

Please elaborate on the misinfo and the flat out lies.
Please see my post above your own. No offense but you strike me as close minded. I've been reading this forum for the past several months but recently decided to chime in. Everything I could rebut his post with has been gone over and over both here and on the facebook pages. Many hear the other side but few actually comprehend.

The silly facts cited from federal law or teamster bi-laws that I could post, and have already been posted time and again, are no match for neo conservative opinion columns and union buster websites disguised as actual news sites.

Please see my post above your own. No offense but you strike me as close minded. I've been reading this forum for the past several months but recently decided to chime in. Everything I could rebut his post with has been gone over and over both here and on the facebook pages. Many hear the other side but few actually comprehend.

The silly facts cited from federal law or teamster bi-laws that I could post, and have already been posted time and again, are no match for neo conservative opinion columns and union buster websites disguised as actual news sites.
I too have read both FB pages and I refuse to post where your comments are deleted and everything is one sided.
BTW, who runs the pro-union FedEx page...what a joke! The pro-company side isn't much better but at least they use proper grammar...which goes a long way if one wants to be taken seriously!

No offense taken, actually I'm not closed minded at all...I was for the union in the beginning. I just sat back, did my homework/research, ask questions, and decided the union wasn't the best thing for me or the company.

As for Hammer's post, if you've really been here as long as you claimed, (although your join date says Jan 15), you'd already know the first part of his post is true...most pro-union guys on here DON'T work for FedEx.
Yes, at our center, the scorecard was the main reason for the union efforts. When it was abolished, it then became the BS policies. Those were abolished, then it became wages. We got a raise, now it's insurance. These guys are just looking for any excuse to vote for the union for whatever reason.
Yes, UPS Freight (Overnite) has been union for less than 10 years, they're an unproven commodity.
As for the union corruption, surely you can't refute that. There's a new story all the time concerning a union official and corruption...it's almost synonymous....and yes, their high labor cost have led to the bankruptcy of many companies...another true statement.
And yes, the union has lost many a member in the last 20 years.

Again, your last sentence of your first paragraph goes both ways!

I too have read both FB pages and I refuse to post where your comments are deleted and everything is one sided.
BTW, who runs the pro-union FedEx page...what a joke! The pro-company side isn't much better but at least they use proper grammar...which goes a long way if one wants to be taken seriously!

No offense taken, actually I'm not closed minded at all...I was for the union in the beginning. I just sat back, did my homework/research, ask questions, and decided the union wasn't the best thing for me or the company.

As for Hammer's post, if you've really been here as long as you claimed, (although your join date says Jan 15), you'd already know the first part of his post is true...most pro-union guys on here DON'T work for FedEx.
Yes, at our center, the scorecard was the main reason for the union efforts. When it was abolished, it then became the BS policies. Those were abolished, then it became wages. We got a raise, now it's insurance. These guys are just looking for any excuse to vote for the union for whatever reason.
Yes, UPS Freight (Overnite) has been union for less than 10 years, they're an unproven commodity.
As for the union corruption, surely you can't refute that. There's a new story all the time concerning a union official and corruption...it's almost synonymous....and yes, their high labor cost have led to the bankruptcy of many companies...another true statement.
And yes, the union has lost many a member in the last 20 years.

Again, your last sentence of your first paragraph goes both ways!

Do you post on the anti page? If so, you've just contradicted yourself.
I've been banned after posting fact after fact and discrediting the site administrators. Even before the ban they would delete my comments and ridicule me. Hell, they even banned me for 24 hours and made a special post calling me an *******...which was riddled with horrible grammar. The pro page is run by a multitude of FedEx Freight drivers from around the country, no one else...no teamster, no management, no union reps, no lawyers. That's more than could be said for the anti page, I'll leave it at that. I'm sorry you're one of the guys on a totem pole about grammar but I'd rather hear what a man with facts has to say than a fool with opinions passed off as facts any day of the week.

The pro-union guys that don't work here seem to chime in mostly on the misinformation being thrown out there by the same guys. It's exhausting dispelling the same tired arguments day in and day out and I applaud them for having more patience than those of us devoting any and all free time to this movement.

The raise we got is a joke and so it the pro-rate (1/4 of the so-called raise). Ask a Con-Way driver what a company does when they are serious about keeping the union out and at least pretending to care about their employees.

FXF has been in existence for how many years? How unproven is our commodity?

As for union corruption...If FedEx had the same government oversight that the teamsters have, you'd be saying the same thing about greedy humans with their hands in the cookie jar at FedEx. It's a human problem, not simply a teamsters problem.

Have any of you guys voicing how teamsters bankrupt companies know the significance, much less anything about, deregulation?

Anytime something bad happens within a company, everyone is quick to blame the teamsters. Scapegoats are a hot commodity these days as no one wants to take responsibility.

Only to be pulled at the last minute, or no votes you mean. It will soon be over. No profit for the teamsters under the current tidal wave of anti union sentiment.
You can only hope hammered purple. The organizing will be changing gears. Watch, wait, and see.

Do you post on the anti page? If so, you've just contradicted yourself.
I've been banned after posting fact after fact and discrediting the site administrators. Even before the ban they would delete my comments and ridicule me. Hell, they even banned me for 24 hours and made a special post calling me an :censored:...which was riddled with horrible grammar. The pro page is run by a multitude of FedEx Freight drivers from around the country, no one else...no teamster, no management, no union reps, no lawyers. That's more than could be said for the anti page, I'll leave it at that. I'm sorry you're one of the guys on a totem pole about grammar but I'd rather hear what a man with facts has to say than a fool with opinions passed off as facts any day of the week.

The pro-union guys that don't work here seem to chime in mostly on the misinformation being thrown out there by the same guys. It's exhausting dispelling the same tired arguments day in and day out and I applaud them for having more patience than those of us devoting any and all free time to this movement.

The raise we got is a joke and so it the pro-rate (1/4 of the so-called raise). Ask a Con-Way driver what a company does when they are serious about keeping the union out and at least pretending to care about their employees.

FXF has been in existence for how many years? How unproven is our commodity?

As for union corruption...If FedEx had the same government oversight that the teamsters have, you'd be saying the same thing about greedy humans with their hands in the cookie jar at FedEx. It's a human problem, not simply a teamsters problem.

Have any of you guys voicing how teamsters bankrupt companies know the significance, much less anything about, deregulation?

Anytime something bad happens within a company, everyone is quick to blame the teamsters. Scapegoats are a hot commodity these days as no one wants to take responsibility.
Nope, have never posted, I don't Facebook.
I do know guys that have also had their post on the pro page deleted...EVERY TIME they post something negative about the union.
I'll have to call BS on the pro page being run by drivers. I actually know some of the guys that have posted on there, they work for other union companies, not FedEx. Not on the totem pole about grammar, but it does help with credibility.

Con-Way divers are required to work the dock when their run/route is over before they go home, is that what you wish to do for that raise?

Just like others, you've missed the point. Viking/AF/Watkins were all non-union when FedEx purchased them and they still remain non-union. Overnite was non-union, was purchased by UPS, and formed UPSF which has been union for less than ten years...that's a fact.

As for union corruption, when they're routinely brought up on corruption charges, don't you think the govt oversight is just? As for private sector/publicly traded companies such as FedEx, wouldn't Sarbanes/Oxley be consider govt oversight?

We know a lot about deregulation, that doesn't negate the fact that the unions's high labor cost companies 25%-35% more in operating cost than non-union companies. Ask ABF drivers about the concessions they took in hopes of keeping the doors open because the company spends more per qtr in operating expenses than they make in profit. Or ask YRC about their concessions.

Scapegoats? Oh, that's right, it can't be the union's fault...must be managements.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the teamsters throw in the towel pretty soon. Looks like they miscalculated in WV. They are getting weaker and won't be likely to keep spending on a lost cause.

This is what happens through perseverance. These folks didn't give up. A hard fought battle to say the least. A good example of just how far a company will go to fight back the effort. Promises made, promises broken.
http://teamster.org/news/2015/01/michigan-steelworkers-vote-join-teamsters

We know a lot about deregulation, that doesn't negate the fact that the unions's high labor cost companies 25%-35% more in operating cost than non-union companies. Ask ABF drivers about the concessions they took in hopes of keeping the doors open because the company spends more per qtr in operating expenses than they make in profit. Or ask YRC about their concessions.

Scapegoats? Oh, that's right, it can't be the union's fault...must be managements.

Don't for get the "concessions" at FedEx Freight... You know the ones. Eliminated the promised quarterly bonus, raised insurance premiums while lowering the coverage (both ongoing), Wage not keeping pace with inflation. The difference between us and them? They agreed to theirs, in order to help save their employer, most notably YRC, who's management bit off more than they could chew in acquisitions.

AF, Watkins, and Viking were non-union for very good reasons... Sound practices that eliminated the need/desire for representation of their workforce.

Just observations, that most would agree are true, regardless of your position on this issue.

Don't for get the "concessions" at FedEx Freight... You know the ones. Eliminated the promised quarterly bonus, raised insurance premiums while lowering the coverage (both ongoing), Wage not keeping pace with inflation. The difference between us and them? They agreed to theirs, in order to help save their employer, most notably YRC, who's management bit off more than they could chew in acquisitions.

AF, Watkins, and Viking were non-union for very good reasons... Sound practices that eliminated the need/desire for representation of their workforce.

Just observations, that most would agree are true, regardless of your position on this issue.
"Promised" quarterly bonuses? I thought the bonuses were given if we met certain goals....the more goals met the bigger the bonus, less goals met, smaller the bonus if any at all. When were these "promised"?
As for the health insurance, would you rather the company do away with our self insured status and allow you to buy coverage on the open market? Agreed, premiums have gone up while coverage has gone down but it's STILL better than what many have.
Inflation is at an all time low, how have raises not kept up? Inflation will rise soon and the raises will rise accordingly.
As for YRC, it's ALL management's fault? So the union's high labor cost doesn't factor in to there troubles?
I'll agree with the sound practices comment but every company makes mistakes.

Now there's a credible news source. Let's go look at teamster.org to see all the reports on recent Fedex Freight elections.
Well Joe, I posted quite a few more on another thread that came from various sources. Never heard a peep about those. Just more silence from Silent Trucker. Is there anything up yet regarding the FredEx Freight elections? How about something from your favorite source "busters.net?" Better bring your "A" game from here on out Joe. Things won't be so easy from here on out.

"Promised" quarterly bonuses? I thought the bonuses were given if we met certain goals....the more goals met the bigger the bonus, less goals met, smaller the bonus if any at all. When were these "promised"?
As for the health insurance, would you rather the company do away with our self insured status and allow you to buy coverage on the open market? Agreed, premiums have gone up while coverage has gone down but it's STILL better than what many have.
Inflation is at an all time low, how have raises not kept up? Inflation will rise soon and the raises will rise accordingly.
As for YRC, it's ALL management's fault? So the union's high labor cost doesn't factor in to there troubles?
I'll agree with the sound practices comment but every company makes mistakes.
Yes, we were "promised" a quarterly bonus, if/when we met certain criteria. This was announced as a way to offset the smaller than expected raise that year. We told (promised) at the "raise video/meeting", that while the raise was small, the bonus would provide incentive for significantly higher earnings.
Now, was the subsequent takeback of the bonus by design, from the begining? We can certainly hope not.

Insurance changes could be dismissed to some extent if the savings had been shared in some other portion of the compensation package.

Inflation: compensation rates have failed to keep up since around 2002. Even now we are significantly behind all of our real competitors.

Probably yet another non FedEx employee horning in on our business.

Yes, we were "promised" a quarterly bonus, if/when we met certain criteria. This was announced as a way to offset the smaller than expected raise that year. We told (promised) at the "raise video/meeting", that while the raise was small, the bonus would provide incentive for significantly higher earnings.
Now, was the subsequent takeback of the bonus by design, from the begining? We can certainly hope not.

Insurance changes could be dismissed to some extent if the savings had been shared in some other portion of the compensation package.

Inflation: compensation rates have failed to keep up since around 2002. Even now we are significantly behind all of our real competitors.
So then the bonus was for that year? Seems like I recall receiving bonuses for more than a year but I could be wrong.

As for wages being behind some of our real competitors, I'd say that's only at certain centers due to the different pay scales per location...which I and many agree should be changed.

So then the bonus was for that year? Seems like I recall receiving bonuses for more than a year but I could be wrong.

As for wages being behind some of our real competitors, I'd say that's only at certain centers due to the different pay scales per location...which I and many agree should be changed.
No, the bonus was not just for that year. It was sold to us as a permanent fixture. You are right it lasted a couple years, till during hard times, we failed to qualify, due to Corp profits dip. I only recently found out that is was, in fact, eliminated with little or no fanfare back when Mgmt. took their cut. It was great while it lasted.

I do appreciate the support in trying to get the geographic pay scales addressed. Thank you! We desperately need that, as all major carriers have done so.

Status
Not open for further replies.