FedEx Freight | Fedex Employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the bonus was not just for that year. It was sold to us as a permanent fixture. You are right it lasted a couple years, till during hard times, we failed to qualify, due to Corp profits dip. I only recently found out that is was, in fact, eliminated with little or no fanfare back when Mgmt. took their cut. It was great while it lasted.

I do appreciate the support in trying to get the geographic pay scales addressed. Thank you! We desperately need that, as all major carriers have done so.

Wasnt eliminated Swamp............believe that it was paid out last July........to the tune of about 1% of a person's yearly gross. It was adjusted from quarterly to yearly a while back, real close to the time that the economy and the profits both nosedived and performance didnt dictate payouts. I did just see the latest video regarding the AIC that said through the first 2 quarters we are tracking to more than double last years payout.

IIRC correctly, in their hey day the quarterly's were paying out 3 or 4 hundred bucks a quarter for city drivers..........if we just maintain current performance, this July the average city driver should pull in around a grand. Maybe not quite what we were seeing when the cotton was at its tallest in the 2002-2003 range, but not completely gone by any stretch either..........would equate to over .50 an hour at that rate......meeting target (90 OR) would result in 5% of a persons gross being paid out. Maxing OR (85) would I believe result in the payout going up to 7.5% of gross (would have to double check that one to be certain). Maxing out the OR should result in a payout of well over 3 grand for the average city driver..............more than most of the quarterlys back in the day..........

Wasnt eliminated Swamp............believe that it was paid out last July........to the tune of about 1% of a person's yearly gross. It was adjusted from quarterly to yearly a while back, real close to the time that the economy and the profits both nosedived and performance didnt dictate payouts. I did just see the latest video regarding the AIC that said through the first 2 quarters we are tracking to more than double last years payout.

IIRC correctly, in their hey day the quarterly's were paying out 3 or 4 hundred bucks a quarter for city drivers..........if we just maintain current performance, this July the average city driver should pull in around a grand. Maybe not quite what we were seeing when the cotton was at its tallest in the 2002-2003 range, but not completely gone by any stretch either..........would equate to over .50 an hour at that rate......meeting target (90 OR) would result in 5% of a persons gross being paid out. Maxing OR (85) would I believe result in the payout going up to 7.5% of gross (would have to double check that one to be certain). Maxing out the OR should result in a payout of well over 3 grand for the average city driver..............more than most of the quarterlys back in the day..........
It's nice to get the bonus. Hopefully we can max it out this time. Got my eye on some goodys for the ride.

I get what you're saying, af. And it sounds promising, to hear you tell it. I have to be honest, and say I'm just a little bit skeptical, all things considered. I also prefer the quarterly plan, as the rewards were more within reach rather than off for the distant future... But that's just me. Most seem fine with the loss of the quarterly bonus and the promise of the annual. At some point I need to quit bitchin' about it, I guess.

Last edited:
I get what you're saying, af. And it sounds promising, to hear you tell it. I have to be honest, and say I'm just a little bit skeptical, all things considered. I also prefer the quarterly plan, as the rewards were more within reach rather than off for the distant future... But that's just me. Most seem fine with the loss of the quarterly bonus and the promise of the annual. At some point I need to quit bitchin' about it, I guess.

Not at all sir.........certainly your right to prefer the quarterly, no disagreement from me on that. In my opinion they both have their positives and negatives........annual does have more potential earning power overall, but has the risk of one bad quarter significantly wrecking it for the year. Quarterly paid out a smaller % based solely on that quarter, thus limiting the damage a bad quarter or two would have on the overall payout for the year. I dont think the criteria was all that much easier to hit back then, we were just more consistent with doing it..........if we were to put up the double digit margins for 6-8 straight quarters like we did when those were rolling, I dont think too many would have complaints about the current payout system.......

Nothing is a lock unless the company agrees to accept the signed cards. Some barns are stronger than others. We lost one in this area around 80 percent. The company beat them up for 6 weeks prior to the vote. Paid organizer? Ask Jeffro for my IP address. Want a check stub? I'm paid well but not for organizing. Personal? How do you figure? Your nose get bent out of shape for some reason?
I don't give out ip addresses, you have been hanging out on that other site too long

Not at all sir.........certainly your right to prefer the quarterly, no disagreement from me on that. In my opinion they both have their positives and negatives........annual does have more potential earning power overall, but has the risk of one bad quarter significantly wrecking it for the year. Quarterly paid out a smaller % based solely on that quarter, thus limiting the damage a bad quarter or two would have on the overall payout for the year. I dont think the criteria was all that much easier to hit back then, we were just more consistent with doing it..........if we were to put up the double digit margins for 6-8 straight quarters like we did when those were rolling, I dont think too many would have complaints about the current payout system.......

The only portion, i think we'd not quality for now, would be the o s & d portion. I wish I could remember the breakdown on the percentage available on the quarterly and the weight given to each criteria. Also, I've not seen any detailed explanation of the current annual qualifications. That goes back to that communication thing we talked about previously. Some of us have been through multiple terminal managers who did not see that type of info as a priority.

Didn't you hear about all of the promotions 222 Lifer tried to give me? I went from driver to manager to VP in less than a week. Maybe you missed it while you were banned. Lol
Patronizing to say the least. If you can't see the humor in comparison to your management, there is no helping you and your posts. At the end of the day you're still left to post inaccurate information that borders on outright lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.