Fedex ----Fiery big rig crash shuts down I-20 west bound

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Redgoat, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Redgoat

Redgoat Member

2. Apostolic

Apostolic Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for your post Redgoat,if you run across any updates with who is being charged ,please post it.

3. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot " I'm just a truck driver "

Prayers for the Fed-Ex drivers full recovery. Thank the Lord, the bus was not full of children or a family, seeing how it was converted to a rec. vehicle or Private Group bus.

4. Apostolic

Looks like the hippy buses from back in the 60's.

5. Sugarfoot

Right on Dude !

6. Redgoat

Redgoat Member

Looks like the ones I see everyday headed to Mexico....

7. Sugarfoot

Coming out of Jersey, they would be loaded with tools, appliances, furniture and clothing. Then they put a Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10 or Dodge Dakota, loaded up with contraband, sticking out the back of the bus. Then tow a full size pick up behind the whole outfit, loaded to the gills, with more contraband. Now after all this, they might have lights {optional}, they run between 45-50 on the flats, and 25-30 mph. on the grades. Oh yeah, no 4-ways. Elizabeth, NJ. to El Paso, TX. It's gotta take at least a week, {counting repairs}. No CDL's, never pull into scales, I see trooper's pass them out and never even slow to check them out. They operate like a US Military Convoy. :shift:

8. Apostolic

Just from a good source,this old bus was only doing 25 & had no tail lights.
    Now we all know especially at dusk,dawn,or at night that is a crash looking for a place to happen.
    The FedEx driver still needs our prayers,he is still in serious condition.

9. Sugarfoot

I was told this evening, by my UPSF friend, who was told it in Road Dispatch, in Hsbg, PA., that one of your UPSF Teams, pulled the Fed-Ex Driver from the cab. Have you heard this? I will say thanks to those two hero's, and still praying for the Fed-Ex Driver.

10. Apostolic

No I haven't heard any more about this crash other than from a PM.
    Since I retired from UPS Freight,the only link I have to stay in touch is here on the trucking board.
    Also a city driver goes to church with me,he keeps me in touch with my old terminal.

We have one line haul driver that turns Harrisburg,out of our Rochester,terminal.
    When I see my former co-worker this Sunday I'll ask him if he heard any thing more,if I don't see any more here.

11. Redgoat

Redgoat Member

Yes it was a UPS driver who helped save him . I had posted this on the FedEx board. He still needs our prayers.

12. Sugarfoot

Yes I read your post on there. Another poster said he is burned 80%, but didn't say the degree, and that Fed-Ex called and personally thanked the UPSF Guys, shows Class. I don't know how they got him out?, but thank God also, 'cause I'm sure he helped !

13. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

FedEx trucks do not have HEAD LIGHTS??
    Travelling too fast??
    Not paying attention??

I have seen MANY VEHICLES at night travelling slowly with and WITHOUT tail lights and somehow, like slowing down, etc., they have been AVOIDED.

I see ups(oops)and fedex vehicles, as are able, PASS ME in construction zones, speed reduced zones, etc., as if they are immune to speed reduction areas, so go figure when accidents occur.
    Rear end impacts are usually the fault of the vehicle impacting, not usually of the impacted vehicle regardless of faulty lighting which, after such accidents/crashes/wrecks, evidence being eliminated which easily leads to hearsay.

SLOW DOWN, ARRIVE ALIVE!!

14. The Best

The Best Well-Known Member

Never seen them inspected by DOT and those that I have seen , they have been many coming down I-81 thru Va,, from my perspective they certainly are not "road worthy".