FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight Accident At least two fatalities in Rt. 307 accident

This looks bad for us @ FXFE.
We will have to wait for further details.

Smokestack said:
This looks bad for us @ FXFE.
We will have to wait for further details.

Absolutely horrible accident, condolences to the families of the people that lost their lives, and pray also for the driver who has to live with this for the rest of his life.

Yep Jeff thats all we can do is all say a prayer and thank the
Lord it was not worse even though it is a horrible accident.
God be with all of them .

Man I hate to even look at pictures like this anymore. Sure hope no one else looses their life from this one.
Keep us updated on it Jeff.

I know this road and its very busy two lane. its one of those short cut roads. Its full of rolling hills, even though its straight it has many blind spots. I pray for those involved and their families.

fr8rookie said:
I know this road and its very busy two lane. its one of those short cut roads. Its full of rolling hills, even though its straight it has many blind spots. I pray for those involved and their families.

I know it well myself , I drove it last night and it is narrow as well as many blind spots, it's a very dangerous road in my opinion and I don't like driving on it even though it's only 9-10 miles long

yes this route should be changed and also route 460 should be changed how many more accidents have to happen on these two routes before they change it? i guess they dont want to pay the extra 25 miles to keep the driver out on danger.

Harrison will fight you like you are the enemy if you try to get a route changed that adds even 1 mile. It took us over a year in Charlotte to get a super brand new interstate 485 approved instead of running Billy Graham Parkway into the middle of town to catch I-77 South.They said it added 1 mile and would cost the company tens of thousands of dollars a year. Then, after alot of uneccesary hassle, they discovered that the new route using the six-lane wonderful interstate( with much safer on/off ramps) was actually a mile SHORTER, they changed the route.Thank you HRO.You guys are wonderful.

Actually there was only one guy who said he would not pay us lazy road drivers an extra mile just so we would not have to change gears. No names here of course.

Rattlesnake said:
Forgive me for asking but...Is this the route dictated by the company? Do you think it should be changed?

I was a city driver for 17 years so the road is comfortable to me, but it may not be so comfortable to all.

I think if I remember correctly that not using that road would add about 7 miles

Rattlesnake said:
Harrison will fight you like you are the enemy if you try to get a route changed that adds even 1 mile. It took us over a year in Charlotte to get a super brand new interstate 485 approved instead of running Billy Graham Parkway into the middle of town to catch I-77 South.They said it added 1 mile and would cost the company tens of thousands of dollars a year. Then, after alot of uneccesary hassle, they discovered that the new route using the six-lane wonderful interstate( with much safer on/off ramps) was actually a mile SHORTER, they changed the route.Thank you HRO.You guys are wonderful.

Actually there was only one guy who said he would not pay us lazy road drivers an extra mile just so we would not have to change gears. No names here of course.

Man are working with each other or against , what gives ?
What is wrong with people ?

Rattlesnake said:

TT ?:ranting2:

Smokestack said:
[/U]

Man are working with each other or against , what gives ?
What is wrong with people ?

Smoke,
In my opinion, we have 'bean counters' way up in offices making decisions like "routes",, equipment AND parts purchases, rules for us, etc,, that have never sat in a truck, MUCH LESS ever driven one.... All they see is numbers, like tunnel vision, they save $1.00 and they get a big pat on the back, or big raise, then we on this end pay for it... :duh:

I am very sorry for all involved in this.....

Its sounds like the driver was on his route as a P&D driver being he was from the area and also no signs of it being a set. That road gets alot of maintance because of the high traffic count. It is also used as a detuor for construction around the Rt360-460 junction at Burkeville. The article in the paper stated the driver missed the road work signs. I was not there but in his defense those signs are easily turned over because of wind off of trucks passing by. It is very sad that as humans we may make mistakes that can cause the lost of life as we know it. Prays to all involved.

fr8rookie said:
Its sounds like the driver was on his route as a P&D driver being he was from the area and also no signs of it being a set. That road gets alot of maintance because of the high traffic count. It is also used as a detuor for construction around the Rt360-460 junction at Burkeville. The article in the paper stated the driver missed the road work signs. I was not there but in his defense those signs are easily turned over because of wind off of trucks passing by. It is very sad that as humans we may make mistakes that can cause the lost of life as we know it. Prays to all involved.

fr8 look at the pictures again, it is a set.

The story said it was a set and if you look at the picts you can see the rear trl they all stayed hooked.