FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight Accident At least two fatalities in Rt. 307 accident

My condolences to the victims of this terrible accident. My heart also is with our driver. I want to say more, but Ill wait for more details so that I don't say the wrong thing. Very very sad day for us all.

I was wrong its a set. I didn't look close enough. I hope no one thinks that I have layed blame on anyone. I haven't.

I just read the article and also looked at the pictures. This is so sad. My prayers go out to the families involved. I am getting up from my computer now. I just don't feel like setting here right now.

chitownpeddler said:
we pull sets on p&d so maybe he was a city driver
He is road. He was headed to,or to meet Nashville on late "E" type run. His handle is "One Glove"

I was told that he has a reputation of being a VERY safe driver.

you are right but payong them few extra miles might be 10.000 of dollars in time well just think what it is going to cost them for that 1 accident on route 307..........

Safety Concerns

Yes, that is a shame. The company always had said that we are professional drivers I agree, What I do disagree with is why are these big trucks on skinny roads? So the company can save hundreds of thousands of dollars now the company will spend millions of dollars over this accident. Well there you have it another big corporation trying to cut corners. I pray for the families that was involved in the accident and the driver that was involved. Its amazing when the drivers have safety meetings with regional safety managers and when drivers have safety concerns it seems like it falls on deaf ears. We are in a new century and a new millenium I think big trucks should stay of skinny roads. Maybe somebody in are U.S. congress should pass a law about big trucks on skinny roads regardless if its a U.S. route. Oh I forgot to mention one other thing professional drivers always put safety first.

My god how tragic. The company has always said that we are profesional drivers I agree, but my question for the company is why are the big trucks still running the skinny roads of America? Oh I know why so the company can save tens of thousands of dollars a year, but now the company is going to spend millions of dollars over this accident. As you can see this is proof of the company cutting corners. Big trucks should stay off the skinny roads somebody in the U.S. congress should make a law to keep big trucks of the skinny roads. Oh one more thing when are regional safety managers come in and make a yearly visit some drivers have safety concerns and sometimes when drivers address issues it seems like it falls on deaf ears.

Ok, I feel very sorry for what this driver will be going through, and also for the victims. This may be somewhat unpopular but it appears to be driver error and not Fed Ex's fault for the route that they chose. If it were a road that is not legal for us to be on we would not be on it. As driver's we must operate our equipment in such a manner that we can safely stop our vehicle before striking an object in front of us (animal strikes are the exception). If this turns out to be a mechanical issue then I will apologize for this statement.

Let's just all pray that the driver and the families know the Lord, Or find the lord to turn to in thier time of need. Iv'e been there, fortunatly in my case (per INDOT, indiana state police, AmericanFreightways , etc.) i was merely in the wrong place at the wrong time (route 30 in indiana 1:05 am july 4th 2000), But that don't change the fact that 5 young men ages 16 to 22 died and 1 other will never do for himself again, Let me tell you all no matter whos fault an accident is the coincidences a person faces on the outside don't even come close to the hurt and pain you feel on the inside for ever,To this day i pray for the families involved 6 years ago.

The driver and his family and the family's and people involved will be in my prayers.

Rattlesnake said:
Forgive me for asking but...Is this the route dictated by the company? Do you think it should be changed?
yes it is the dictated route for us out of roanoke. I drive itevery night. I have heard that a couple of years ago it was requested to be changed, but higher ups in home office said no because it was 14 more miles a night per driver they didn't want to pay. guess they really take care of there people "huh".!!!

Being that this is a new volvo, the eaton vorad system and computer will tell all. my condolences for all involved.

Well this is truly a horrible thing for ALL that are involved, but, to point fingers at any person or group, meaning city, road, corp, or anyone you can think of is wrong. To many times WE all get ahead of our selves and forget that WE are responsible for what WE do. I have said it before in these groups WE ARE PROFESIONALS. So let’s stand with our brother that has a very rough road ahead of him and be there for him and pray for all those who are hurt and hurting and for those who have passed.