FedEx Freight | FEDEX FREIGHT Lane cameras

Rattlesnake

TB Lurker
Credits
Has ANYONE been schooled, instructed,informed,enlightened, or anything else regarding these cameras on some tractors?

This is a serious matter to why I am asking, because one of our drivers has been suspended for some reason pertaining to said cameras.

I guess we have all seen video of these, but I haven't seen them on our trucks yet. (we don't have any new ones). Are they being installed on all new equip? Next thing will be cameras inside the cab, or maybe around your neck, so they can watch "everything"... Can you say "Big Brother" ???

We have four tractors with them,but I have never seen anything about using them.I drove one for the first time today.Ikept it in the 90's all day. they are a distraction,I kept looking down at it .

wow what will they think of next,we won't be able to pick are nose or scratch our nuts anymore,we might be on candid camera.

spike said:
We have four tractors with them,but I have never seen anything about using them.I drove one for the first time today.Ikept it in the 90's all day. they are a distraction,I kept looking down at it .

They have a tv screen inside the truck ??????

these camera,s mounted in the center of windshield looking down at your lane if you wobble the sensor goes off letting you know that your screwing up and you need to get back in your lane if you change lane,s with out using turn signal your going to get the beep beep, it give,s you a percent to drive with the better you do the higher it goes if you do poorly it will tell you to get rest, if you continue it will shut the truck down then you got to call central for the reset code, try to explain that one to them oh boy !!! stick a piece of paper in front of it no more problem do that at your own risk... that,s what they do.

hey top cat, remember what they tell us out here: "if its good enough for the east, it"s good enough for us". Remember vorad and 5th wheel pulls on the wrong side.

I have a "LIVE FEED" from the camera of Jeff's Truck now and I see white knuckles and tears of fear!!

"live Feed"

Toxic said:
I have a "LIVE FEED" from the camera of Jeff's Truck now and I see white knuckles and tears of fear!!

They might be tears of joy ,
You did not see your wife in there with the old man ? ''T''.

Smokestack :nutkick:

You talkin' bout lane departure cameras? Why would HR have information on those?
I would think that the safety guys would be the ones to have that info.

This isn;t as bad as it looks.they could be vary beneficial when it comes to accidents.especially the ones that are not your fought.