FedEx Freight | FEDEX FREIGHT Lane cameras

maybe they are finnaly realizing some of the fancy crap is not worth what they are paying for it the auto shifts lane cameras etc etc I noticed the new tractors are back to sticks who knows just when you think you got it figured out they change the game so

Santaclause said:
maybe they are finnaly realizing some of the fancy crap is not worth what they are paying for it the auto shifts lane cameras etc etc I noticed the new tractors are back to sticks who knows just when you think you got it figured out they change the game so

The "bean counters" have no idea,,, they have probably NEVER driven a truck before,,,, but Hey,,, they have a college degree,, so they are smarter than us.... I guess they can fix a 10 million dollar aircraft too like I used to.....

POWDER KEG said:
This isn;t as bad as it looks.they could be vary beneficial when it comes to accidents.especially the ones that are not your fought.
Unless the camera sees something that you might have accidently missed......:poster_oops:

BigFeet said:
Okay Rattlesnake.I am big enough to admit that I made a misssteak,it was the safety guy not hr
Oh driver...I did not want to say you made a mistake... I just thought a HR guy was pretending to know something.

Lane Cameras

Hey There Snake Herd That U Got Rearended By A Chicken Truck Hope Everything Is Ok Are You Back To Work ?? No That,s How These Lane Cameras Work What A Pain In The Butt If You Dont Hold It Straight It,s Going To Let You Know That You Screwing Up We Have 4 Tractors With Them Have Not Heard Any Complaints About Them Still In My Kw So I Dont Have To Worry About That Ant Way That,s What Is Going On With Them So Take Care Talk To You Soon Chuckwagon...

CHUCKWAGON said:
Hey There Snake Herd That U Got Rearended By A Chicken Truck Hope Everything Is Ok Are You Back To Work ?? No That,s How These Lane Cameras Work What A Pain In The Butt If You Dont Hold It Straight It,s Going To Let You Know That You Screwing Up We Have 4 Tractors With Them Have Not Heard Any Complaints About Them Still In My Kw So I Dont Have To Worry About That Ant Way That,s What Is Going On With Them So Take Care Talk To You Soon Chuckwagon...
Hey Chuckwagon....Good to hear from you... Yeah, I got hit really hard on Friday August 18th... But On Monday August 21st, The company had me back to work so I did not have much time to reflect back on my nightmare...It was a nightmare..My rear trailer was totalled and so was the dolly....The front trailer lost it's door and some of the freight. I thank God that I was not injured worse than I was.I believe pulling two trailers really helped me in this situation.

365Volare said:
Dang Rattle, sorry to hear that, but Really Glad you are ok !!!!!
Thank you very much...I am real fortunate.... I just figured out today that the rear of my cab is buckled outward a little.

Rattlesnake said:
Hey Chuckwagon....Good to hear from you... Yeah, I got hit really hard on Friday August 18th... But On Monday August 21st, The company had me back to work so I did not have much time to reflect back on my nightmare...It was a nightmare..My rear trailer was totalled and so was the dolly....The front trailer lost it's door and some of the freight. I thank God that I was not injured worse than I was.I believe pulling two trailers really helped me in this situation.
Your right about the 2nd trailer taking most of the hit. I got rearended twice, both times the tail and the dolly took most of the damage. Glad your ok and everything worked out for you.

These lane departure cameras did NOT have any screens, they basically read the road to make sure the truck was between the white lines. If it thought that the truck was getting out of it's lane (lane departure) then it would make a noise similar to driving on the rumble strips to "remind" the driver to pay attention.

However, these are different from the cameras I've seen in KCY on road and city units that have a screen on the dash and replace the right side fender mirror to view down the right side of the rig.

I'll get pictures of the latter, but I've never seen a "Lane Departure" system, and our latest new Freightliners, KWs and Volvos do NOT have them.

roog

Low False Alarm Rate.... Does that mean it won't warn you of road side signs , high wires 20' above the truck,,, etc,,, like that stupid Vorad does ????

365Volare said:
Low False Alarm Rate.... Does that mean it won't warn you of road side signs , high wires 20' above the truck,,, etc,,, like that stupid Vorad does ????

The wires are my favorite, those things could reach down and grab me at any minute! :headbang:

roog

According to the website they feature a "tactile" alert. Damn, now everyone will be weaving down the road trying to set it off with the unit in their lap.

wow is right just pull the fuse. It isn't a circiut breaker pull the fuse, break it and put it back like nothing happened. I have the fuse in my new truck but no camera.