FedEx Freight launches LTL dimensional pricing pilot

I read where the pricing is based on if the freight fits in Big Dave’s hat, double stacked, or can be delivered from the specifically designed liftgate on his hat

Lol, "launches"

Yeah, at one Mickey Mouse terminal with 8 doors.

Possibly SOP around 2030 (or never) for every other terminal.

Hell, they're still wasting literally millions on RFID stickers that do absolutely nothing.

Dock workers can't even use a MF'n push broom to sweep out a trailer, and Fx is worried about multi million $ tech innovation?
Not to mention, the system can price based on dimensions all it wants, only to have a (untrained) dock worker load it completely 180 off what the dimensions suggest.

Likely 2,100lbs of cast iron on top of 250lbs of corrosive.

Last edited:
I found a stack of RFID books and pro number books in my tractor when it was assigned to me. I put them in the first L unit I saw. My first thought was to throw them out, but I hate being wasteful.

Lol, "launches"

Yeah, at one Mickey Mouse terminal with 8 doors.

Possibly SOP around 2030 (or never) for every other terminal.

Hell, they're still wasting literally millions on RFID stickers that do absolutely nothing.

Dock workers can't even use a MF'n push broom to sweep out a trailer, and Fx is worried about multi million $ tech innovation?
Not to mention, the system can price based on dimensions all it wants, only to have a (untrained) dock worker load it completely 180 off what the dimensions suggest.

Likely 2,100lbs of cast iron on top of 250lbs of corrosive.
I’m having BLT’s and tater tots at my house tonight.
The oven just finished pre-heating.

On top of that, city drivers still carry a stack of paper DRs as thick as a township phonebook,,,, in late 2022. Road drivers hand off a packet to their meet driver. I think that tech hit its peak around the time of the Pony Express.
Let that sink in.

Dimension priced freight?
Slow down, FxF, you're in 1994 still.

On top of that, city drivers still carry a stack of paper DRs as thick as a township phonebook,,,, in late 2022. Road drivers hand off a packet to their meet driver. I think that tech hit its peak around the time of the Pony Express.
Let that sink in.

Dimension priced freight?
Slow down, FxF, you're in 1994 still.
The backend still uses Arkansas Freightways programming.

At least once a week my manifest will show no hazmat. But my handheld shows hazmat. So I bring up the manifest on the handheld and there is indeed hazmat on the trailer, typically needs placards too. Really gets the lazy dispatcher excited because he has to do something besides watch YouTube videos. Guess it’s a billing issue? Who knows but I’m sure there’s hazmat we don’t know about on there, especially when we had the bricks. Sure I could roll with what my paper work says but it’s like an overweight trailer if I know about it I got to do something about it. Ignorance is bliss.

At least once a week my manifest will show no hazmat. But my handheld shows hazmat. So I bring up the manifest on the handheld and there is indeed hazmat on the trailer, typically needs placards too. Really gets the lazy dispatcher excited because he has to do something besides watch YouTube videos. Guess it’s a billing issue? Who knows but I’m sure there’s hazmat we don’t know about on there, especially when we had the bricks. Sure I could roll with what my paper work says but it’s like an overweight trailer if I know about it I got to do something about it. Ignorance is bliss.

I've been through that, didn't need placards though.

The bricks were horrible, glad they changed them out.

Just need to show the officer the paperwork. Like my manifest the other night. 6800 lbs scaled 18+ on dolly. Needless to say, it became my lead.