FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight Topic Vacations

Toxic

TB Veteran
Credits
I have a question for you FedX Freight Employees.

Since FedEx Freight uses board seniority can you be denied vacation and a junior employee be awarded it since he has board seniority but don't have company seniority over you?

I also want to ask another question but I will do it later and in the appropriate forum also.

Yes, that is how it works, there have been several drivers come out to the road behind me who have more co seniority, they chose not to come out sooner so they are now behind me on the road board, for bidding runs and vacation time.

FM

Familyman said:
Yes, that is how it works, there have been several drivers come out to the road behind me who have more co seniority, they chose not to come out sooner so they are now behind me on the road board, for bidding runs and vacation time.

FM
WOW, that really sucks!! the way it works over here in the west is, Company seniority is used for vacation bids. Line seniority for tractor bids and service center seniority for work bids. This I think is a fair way of doing it.

bad company said:
WOW, that really sucks!! the way it works over here in the west is, Company seniority is used for vacation bids. Line seniority for tractor bids and service center seniority for work bids. This I think is a fair way of doing it.
bad company I looked in your profile and I don't see where you work. Are you a Fedex Freight employee?

bad company said:
The majority of US over here do not think it sucks.

Good lord drivers get over it and get on with life....This thing has been beaten to death.

Toxic said:
bad company I looked in your profile and I don't see where you work. Are you a Fedex Freight employee?
Yes Toxic, I am a fedex freight west line driver. I drive out of Portland, Ore and have worked here for 8 yrs.

Toxic said:
I have a question for you FedX Freight Employees.

Since FedEx Freight uses board seniority can you be denied vacation and a junior employee be awarded it since he has board seniority but don't have company seniority over you?

I also want to ask another question but I will do it later and in the appropriate forum also.
The way the book states it when you bid for your vac weeks in Jan two poeple want the same week the it would go back to company time to brake the tie. Now keep in mind nobody i know has done it .the rest is first come

if you guys look in the handbook company seniority is used to bid vacations i am above alot of ppl in my center when it comes to vacation bidding but am at the bottom of board from transfer

esooggoose said:
if you guys look in the handbook company seniority is used to bid vacations i am above alot of ppl in my center when it comes to vacation bidding but am at the bottom of board from transfer
That is right but look at the book one moore time were if two drivers on the same board wants the same week it would revert back to company, Now i'm not sure how it would be if you just transferd from a barn to b barn in same job.

fireplug said:
That is right but look at the book one moore time were if two drivers on the same board wants the same week it would revert back to company, Now i'm not sure how it would be if you just transferd from a barn to b barn in same job.

We bid vacations by board here, one doesn't effect the other.

FM

Familyman said:

FM
this is not so company senority is tops unless you don't put your week in at the begining of the year.... example if you have senority on me and i put my time in in jan when we both had the chance and you didn't but decide in march you want the week i already chose to bad for you. just because you have senority you cannot bump peolpe who already put their time in each center is supposed to bid in jan i normally put one week in and use the other into days

14wheeler said:
this is not so company senority is tops unless you don't put your week in at the begining of the year.... example if you have senority on me and i put my time in in jan when we both had the chance and you didn't but decide in march you want the week i already chose to bad for you. just because you have senority you cannot bump peolpe who already put their time in each center is supposed to bid in jan i normally put one week in and use the other into days
actually.... no, it is as I said, we go by board seniority here
there are a few drivers that have 14 yrs and bid behind 10 yr drivers due to coming out after them, maybe at your center it's different but not here
also we don't share vacation bid time wth city, they have their calendar and we ours, would be great if we could combine vacation list and go by co seniority, would mean a summer vacation for me;)

as for bumping someone, I didn't say you could, however it is 1st come 1st serve after the initial bid in Jan.

FM

fm it must be different at each center then.
toxic did you really want to know or where you just looking to stir the pot and put your current situation over?:showoff: