FedEx Freight | FedEx Freight Turns a Profit

Nobody

malcontent
Credits
FedEx Freight Segment

For the first quarter, the FedEx Freight segment reported:

• Revenue of $1.33 billion, up 6% from last year’s $1.26 billion

• Operating income of $42 million, compared with an operating loss of $16 million a year ago

• Operating margin of 3.2%, up from (1.3%) the previous year

Less-than-truckload (LTL) yield increased 11% primarily due to higher LTL fuel surcharges and ongoing yield management actions. LTL average daily shipments decreased 7% as a result of the yield management actions.

Operating income in the quarter was driven by strong yield growth and efficiencies resulting from the January 30, 2011 combination of the FedEx Freight and FedEx National LTL operations.

FedEx Corp. Reports Higher Revenue and Earnings - Yahoo! Finance

Really, right now is the time to buy as much as you can. I doubt you'll see $65 again for a long time.

I bought when it was around $7.00 A share....AFWY.....and sold at $115.00...FDX.....thats what I'm talking about....instead of hanging on to shares that pay .03cents.......YES... 3 penny's a share dividends

Okay

Never you mind how much money we made you tuck your shirt in and get to work on the dock! :stirthepot:While we short ur pay and mileage! :poster_oops: Bunch of purple clowns next you will want a raise and bigger bonus checks :bananapartyhat:

As long as they economy continues to weaken it will go lower. Remember 2008 it was $55 a share. Wish I would have bought in then.

I think your big time wrong

It's all opinion..You got Yours and I got Mine...and mine is, I'm right....Wall Street ...and stocks in general are like a PONZI Scheme these days...There are so many day traders out there that are artifically influencing the prices of stocks....They will leverage $100,000.00 in hopes of making $500.00 profit...and dont forget lying and cheating CFO's and CEO's.....you cant get a good read on stocks..anymore

I wouldnt buy another share of stock in anything.....Maybe it's the age I'm at...

But I would rather have 800 shares that pay $7.00 a year in Div's. per share... thats $1.75 per share per quarter... thats $5600.00 per year income....

Where as 800 times .12 cents a year per share.....thats .03 cents per share, per quarter...which is $96.00 per year income....

If it ever gets back up to $120.00 a share....I'll sell you mine...naturally at the going price....

Thom-8-Toes said:
It's all opinion..You got Yours and I got Mine...and mine is, I'm right....Wall Street ...and stocks in general are like a PONZI Scheme these days...There are so many day traders out there that are artifically influencing the prices of stocks....They will leverage $100,000.00 in hopes of making $500.00 profit...and dont forget lying and cheating CFO's and CEO's.....you cant get a good read on stocks..anymore

I wouldnt buy another share of stock in anything.....Maybe it's the age I'm at...

But I would rather have 800 shares that pay $7.00 a year in Div's. per share... thats $1.75 per share per quarter... thats $5600.00 per year income....

Where as 800 times .12 cents a year per share.....thats .03 cents per share, per quarter...which is $96.00 per year income....

If it ever gets back up to $120.00 a share....I'll sell you mine...naturally at the going price....

You wont buy stock? Dont you have a 401 k?

As long as they economy continues to weaken it will go lower. Remember 2008 it was $55 a share. Wish I would have bought in then.

I bought FDX at $39 a share in 2009. But, like somebody else said... I bought AFWY at $6.15 and that was sweet.

POPCORN said:
I bought FDX at $39 a share in 2009. But, like somebody else said... I bought AFWY at $6.15 and that was sweet.

I didn't know it had gone down that much. That would have been sweet.