FedEx Freight | Fedex Freight West... Whats the scoop?

grapeape1966

TB Lurker
Credits
this is mostly for our west brothers in california, what has happened to the freight out there? i run a bid run out of midland, tx, a relay point between tucson and dallas, and it seems like more and more empties are coming from the west. good thing the east had freight going back most of the time. just curious if y'all have noticed any different things going on out there. thanks.

this is mostly for our west brothers in california, what has happened to the freight out there? i run a bid run out of midland, tx, a relay point between tucson and dallas, and it seems like more and more empties are coming from the west. good thing the east had freight going back most of the time. just curious if y'all have noticed any different things going on out there. thanks.

grapeape1966 :1036316054:

FXFW is probably putting your freight in a CFI truck in California going East, so that you can haul empties going back home, so as to not slow you down on them hills.

:smilie_132:

Barometer

Since all the wealth in the housing market is coming from California maybe the loss of freight means the Californian economy is about to take a dump.
And maybe the rest of the country too!
Watch your 401k!

Since all the wealth in the housing market is coming from California maybe the loss of freight means the Californian economy is about to take a dump.
And maybe the rest of the country too!
Watch your 401k!

dolphinqu1 :1036316054:

If California goes into a recession that would affect the westbound freight into California not the eastbound freight coming from China and manufacturing in California for the rest of the US economy that is going gangbusters.
Just look at the stock market making new highs every day.
In case you have not noticed the Dow was at 7000 in November of 2002 and today, almost five years later has doubled to cross 14000.
The same for the S&P index that finally bottomed out in March 2003 at 800 and now is over 100% including dividends to over 1553. The China growth and the rest of the world growth is dragging us kicking and screaming to join the good times.

If California goes into a recession that would affect the westbound freight into California not the eastbound freight coming from China and manufacturing in California for the rest of the US economy that is going gangbusters.
Just look at the stock market making new highs every day.
In case you have not noticed the Dow was at 7000 in November of 2002 and today, almost five years later has doubled to cross 14000.
The same for the S&P index that finally bottomed out in March 2003 at 800 and now is over 100% including dividends to over 1553. The China growth and the rest of the world growth is dragging us kicking and screaming to join the good times.

West is not loading any PT carriers to the east.. Frt out of LA is way down, not just for FXF but everybody.. The big TL carriers are calling around looking for loads.. I suspect they are all wishing they had been a little nicer back when they had more biz then they could haul.. Shippers have long memorys..

West is not loading any PT carriers to the east.. Frt out of LA is way down, not just for FXF but everybody.. The big TL carriers are calling around looking for loads.. I suspect they are all wishing they had been a little nicer back when they had more biz then they could haul.. Shippers have long memorys..

oldcoot :1036316054:

There is a bit of overcapacity in the truckload sector now because the economy is only growing at a 2.5% GDP clip and also because many carriers did a lot of pre-buying of trucks to get ahead of the 2007 engine standards.

One last word

Remember the roaring 20's

(Above refers to River's comments, below is something I had to get off my chest)

After listening to two days of the Fed chairs testimonies to congress, Washington has no clue what it is like to be blue collar.
When will truck driving be added to the list of occupations dependent on immigrant labor, legal or otherwise?
Their solution to wealth creation for the middle class is education, it’s mathematically impossible for everyone to have a college degree.
You don't need a PhD. to scrub toilets, but it’s a job that must be done, should pay a living wage, and shouldn't be dependent on imported labor.
I know my last few paragraphs are off topic.
Oh well

Remember the roaring 20's

(Above refers to River's comments, below is something I had to get off my chest)

After listening to two days of the Fed chairs testimonies to congress, Washington has no clue what it is like to be blue collar.
When will truck driving be added to the list of occupations dependent on immigrant labor, legal or otherwise?
Their solution to wealth creation for the middle class is education, it’s mathematically impossible for everyone to have a college degree.
You don't need a PhD. to scrub toilets, but it’s a job that must be done, should pay a living wage, and shouldn't be dependent on imported labor.
I know my last few paragraphs are off topic.
Oh well

I listened to a little bit of the Humphrey Hawkins testimony on CNBC. Most politicians only give lip service to the middle class. Most politicians with a D behind their names would rather keep everybody clueless so we can be manipulated. Otherwise they would institute discipline in the schools so we would not have to import Ph.D. graduates from India.
As far as scrubbing toilets, the job only pays what the market thinks the job is worth.
And since the congress raises the minimum wage those toilet scrubbing jobs end up being done by an illegal worker that does not demand a minimum wage. Bottom line, our workers get priced out of the market and do not get a chance to get started on the first rung of the ladder to get any work experience.

:smilies-19296: :ontopic:

I listened to a little bit of the Humphrey Hawkins testimony on CNBC. Most politicians only give lip service to the middle class. Most politicians with a D behind their names would rather keep everybody clueless so we can be manipulated. Otherwise they would institute discipline in the schools so we would not have to import Ph.D. graduates from India.
As far as scrubbing toilets, the job only pays what the market thinks the job is worth.
And since the congress raises the minimum wage those toilet scrubbing jobs end up being done by an illegal worker that does not demand a minimum wage. Bottom line, our workers get priced out of the market and do not get a chance to get started on the first rung of the ladder to get any work experience.

:smilies-19296: :ontopic:

You could also make the point the only problem with slavery is that you couldn't pick the best slave master.
Even though slavery doesn't pay that well at least you have a job. The benefits were good, free housing, food, and medical care.
I wouldn't blame one side of the aisle or the other, both are just as guilty. They give us lip service because we let them.

You could also make the point the only problem with slavery is that you couldn't pick the best slave master.
Even though slavery doesn't pay that well at least you have a job. The benefits were good, free housing, food, and medical care.
I wouldn't blame one side of the aisle or the other, both are just as guilty. They give us lip service because we let them.

What we have today is "part time" slavery.
The illegals come to this country because of the lack of education that they had back in their country, and could not move up or out of poverty.
They come to this country and they quickly try to better their situation by working hard and saving their money. After a few years they have the choice of moving back to their country of origin with a nest egg that they can live on, or they end up staying in this country and moving up to better jobs as the opportunities present themselves. Nobody likes to stay working in slave jobs for long so they should be available only to those that need to get their feet in the door, before moving on up to better paying jobs.
They are called temporary workers for a reason.
And that is what is going on in the WEST.
:soapbox:

What we have today is "part time" slavery.
The illegals come to this country because of the lack of education that they had back in their country, and could not move up or out of poverty.
They come to this country and they quickly try to better their situation by working hard and saving their money. After a few years they have the choice of moving back to their country of origin with a nest egg that they can live on, or they end up staying in this country and moving up to better jobs as the opportunities present themselves. Nobody likes to stay working in slave jobs for long so they should be available only to those that need to get their feet in the door, before moving on up to better paying jobs.
They are called temporary workers for a reason.
And that is what is going on in the WEST.
:soapbox:

River, I'll agree with that idea of trying to better yourself and/or your family. The BIG problem I have is they (most if not just alot) do not pay their share of taxes, so us Americans end up paying it for them. Then is the issue of changing everything to spanish. This is still America,,, for now... Hmmm, I think this has got off topic... sorry. :hide:

one big free party

River, I'll agree with that idea of trying to better yourself and/or your family. The BIG problem I have is they (most if not just alot) do not pay their share of taxes, so us Americans end up paying it for them. Then is the issue of changing everything to spanish. This is still America,,, for now... Hmmm, I think this has got off topic... sorry. :hide:

Heck, lets just invite everyone, from anywhere in the world that does not have it as good as we have here. We will provide them with everything and anything, and in their native language, we will bend over backwards to accomodate their beliefs and religions, educate their children for free, and get them free attorneys to sue us if we fall short on any type of providing (free)or they get their feelings hurt, or claim they are offended, and or discriminated against. Then after all of this benevolence we do not have to feel guilty about being Americans, and living in the best country in the world. When my kids are in class with illegals and some legal immigrants, they are told they should feel guilty and be ashamed about their being born in america. What a pile of crap

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately; illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida .

Not me. I concentrate on solutions for the problems. It's a win-win situation.

+ Dig a moat the length of the Mexican border.

+ Send the dirt to New Orleans to raise the level of the levies.

+ Put the Florida alligators in the moat along the Mexican border.

Any other problems you would like for me to solve today?

next problem

Everyone concentrates on the problems we're having in this country lately; illegal immigration, hurricane recovery, alligators attacking people in Florida .

How about a good presidential candidate?

365Volare :1036316054:

The illegals don't pay their fair shares of taxes because they are forced to work underground in a black market.
The fix would be to have them come here on a temporary basis with a tamper proof CARD.
But guess who is dead set against temporary workers, saying that they are taking away good "u" jobs.
The biggest joke was listening to those politicians,(sorry to say on both sides) that said that they want to legalize and give citizenship to those illegals because they were doing the jobs that Americans were not willing to do anymore. These bozo politicians could not understand that as soon as the illegals had papers they would either join a "u" or a better job or welfare. And then we would have to import another 20 million illegals to do the slave labor.
As far as the schools, they need to have immediate immersion to learn english. Anybody that pushes for bilingual education is nothing more than a slave master that wants the kids to fail.

Heck, lets just invite everyone, from anywhere in the world that does not have it as good as we have here. We will provide them with everything and anything, and in their native language, we will bend over backwards to accomodate their beliefs and religions, educate their children for free, and get them free attorneys to sue us if we fall short on any type of providing (free)or they get their feelings hurt, or claim they are offended, and or discriminated against. Then after all of this benevolence we do not have to feel guilty about being Americans, and living in the best country in the world. When my kids are in class with illegals and some legal immigrants, they are told they should feel guilty and be ashamed about their being born in america. What a pile of crap

dlscontractor :1036316054:

Unfortunately we have many politicians that want to do exactly what you wrote.
These politicians get their power from exploiting the victimhood angle.
Most folks can see right through these chaos creating politicians.

hahahahha
you are the smartest man alive....

i would vote you for president