FedEx ground ...2 Airlifted After Head-On

Good to see it was not the fault of the FedEx Driver!!

"how usefully useless":
An accident reconstruction team responded Friday to investigate the crash.
probable "discoveries": The driver veered over the center line and impacted the parked Fedex vehicle......or.... it has been determined the driver and passenger were texting each other in a challenge to verify the dangers of texting while driving......or....the passenger was getting a little frisky with the driver causing loss of vehicle control....or....the driver may have been suffering from a small stroke thereby enabling loss of vehicle control and passenger was unable to assist control of vehicle.....or....the left front tire was verified to have inadequate air pressure therein causing erractic driving resulting in left of center navigation resulting in frontal impact with a temporarily parked vehicle....or....the left front tire was a spare and had reached the end of its' service life therein immediately loosing air pressure causing sudden course change to effect loss of directional control resulting in frontal impact with a parked vehicle....end of line

this is why i say that after the age of 60, everyone should have to go bus public transit.

but seriously, i think the cut off age for driving should be 70 at the least. here a senior citizen (i think above 68) MUST get thier license renewed every 2 years, all others can go 5 years.

This happened close by me.... I heard the FedEx driver was tossed around pretty good..... I imagine with not expecting a impact he got hurt bad....

this is why i say that after the age of 60, everyone should have to go bus public transit.

but seriously, i think the cut off age for driving should be 70 at the least. here a senior citizen (i think above 68) MUST get thier license renewed every 2 years, all others can go 5 years.

One report I saw showed a large number of young people involved in accidents due to distracted driving. Would mandatory classes before they are given licenses or short interval license renewal help. I feel safer on the road with older drivers who normally don't text while driving.

One report I saw showed a large number of young people involved in accidents due to distracted driving. Would mandatory classes before they are given licenses or short interval license renewal help. I feel safer on the road with older drivers who normally don't text while driving.
here, it is mandatory to get a graduated license. i cannot remember the steps involved, but the new young drivers simply do not get a full fledged license right away.

mandatory classes would be a great idea, as it is now, all anyone needs to do is get a permit.

but we all know that anyone can take any amount of classes, just to pass a test, then forget all they learned

the thing in, i'd say mandatory lock down of any communication device, until the car is pulled over. but that will never happen either, as the communications lobbyists would be all over that.

maybe a FCC communications license, one that a person MUST obtain BEFORE buying any communication device, and THEN be held under federal laws for improper use.>???

that may hold more weight in court, then if (and when) found guilty, complete loss of driving license AND communication device(s), and the FCC license, for a period on no less than one year, THEN must obtain a reinstated drivers license, FCC license, by going thru the graduated license process like a youth, and the next time? permanent revocation.

here, it is mandatory to get a graduated license. i cannot remember the steps involved, but the new young drivers simply do not get a full fledged license right away.

mandatory classes would be a great idea, as it is now, all anyone needs to do is get a permit.

but we all know that anyone can take any amount of classes, just to pass a test, then forget all they learned

the thing in, i'd say mandatory lock down of any communication device, until the car is pulled over. but that will never happen either, as the communications lobbyists would be all over that.

maybe a FCC communications license, one that a person MUST obtain BEFORE buying any communication device, and THEN be held under federal laws for improper use.>???

that may hold more weight in court, then if (and when) found guilty, complete loss of driving license AND communication device(s), and the FCC license, for a period on no less than one year, THEN must obtain a reinstated drivers license, FCC license, by going thru the graduated license process like a youth, and the next time? permanent revocation.
Phone companies should make these phones inaccessible while vehicle is in motion. That way, everyone would be forced to park in a safe location before using their devices that is now cause of deaths on our roads and highways

Phone companies should make these phones inaccessible while vehicle is in motion. That way, everyone would be forced to park in a safe location before using their devices that is now cause of deaths on our roads and highways
well the problem with that is...what if it is a front seat or back seat passenger and the phone does not operate? why should the passenger who is most likely paying for the service be subjected to the phone not operating?

until it can be 1000% confirmed it is the driver's phone, i don't see this happening.

then too, once some sort of app is used, what is to say the driver does not have a burner phone, just for use in the car?

as it is, the lobbyist for the phone companies have more money than god, to forestall any such devices.

phones "could be" built with a "metal detector app" not allowing for calls to be made from inside a car, but then too, passengers would be unable to call, and "what if" the owner of the phone in in some sort of metal containment building, like a mobile home, or trailer like a travel/camping trailer, what does that person do when camping...go outside to make a call..>???

not gonna happen, i wish it would, could.....but it ain't....gotta look at more than one angle.

well the problem with that is...what if it is a front seat or back seat passenger and the phone does not operate? why should the passenger who is most likely paying for the service be subjected to the phone not operating?

until it can be 1000% confirmed it is the driver's phone, i don't see this happening.

then too, once some sort of app is used, what is to say the driver does not have a burner phone, just for use in the car?

as it is, the lobbyist for the phone companies have more money than god, to forestall any such devices.

phones "could be" built with a "metal detector app" not allowing for calls to be made from inside a car, but then too, passengers would be unable to call, and "what if" the owner of the phone in in some sort of metal containment building, like a mobile home, or trailer like a travel/camping trailer, what does that person do when camping...go outside to make a call..>???

not gonna happen, i wish it would, could.....but it ain't....gotta look at more than one angle.
Valid points. I just want to see less accidents on the road due to the use of these devices. As a tractor trailer driver, I see so many accidents and uncountable close calls each day. People really need to do the primary thing that got them on the raod, which is drive. These phones are called smart phones but the majority of the users are not. My hand is literally on my horn each time I approach a vehicle that I suspect the drivers are using their phones. I believe that I may have saved some lives by that practice.

Valid points. I just want to see less accidents on the road due to the use of these devices. As a tractor trailer driver, I see so many accidents and uncountable close calls each day. People really need to do the primary thing that got them on the raod, which is drive. These phones are called smart phones but the majority of the users are not. My hand is literally on my horn each time I approach a vehicle that I suspect the drivers are using their phones. I believe that I may have saved some lives by that practice.
ok, i agree with what you see and what i saw when i was a driver.

now too, how many people do you AND i see walking on the sidewalks, then just walking out in front of traffic.>??

so you see, it's a wider problem than either of us can deal with.