FedEx Freight | FedEx Ground Class C Box Drivers Make More Than Tractor-Trailer Drivers

LITTLEB23

TB Lurker
Credits
I heard that the FedEx Ground Box Truck Drivers(you know the guys who drive the Class C Trucks) get paid more than the Class A Drivers. The reason I say this is b/c I worked for Arrowhead and I always talked to them and they told me they got somewhere around $27/hr(of course top pay and they've been working for them for years), and in the ads for FedEx Freight, National, etc. it says the top pay is $22 something/hr. Do u guys think that's true? And if so, what do u think about it?

I heard that the FedEx Ground Box Truck Drivers(you know the guys who drive the Class C Trucks) get paid more than the Class A Drivers. The reason I say this is b/c I worked for Arrowhead and I always talked to them and they told me they got somewhere around $27/hr(of course top pay and they've been working for them for years), and in the ads for FedEx Freight, National, etc. it says the top pay is $22 something/hr. Do u guys think that's true? And if so, what do u think about it?

Ground guys are private contractors. They have to GROSS more because of the cost and risk involved with small business ownership. Ask one of them if you can see his tax return. He probably loses money, so would you. I doubt he will honestly tell you or the IRS what he puts in his pockets on payday. Big risk, Big reward. No sick pay,no health insurance, no holiday pay, no personal pay, no 401k, no O.T., no set hourly wage, plus Plates, Tags, Mechanics, Tires, inspections, truck payments, all city miles, ect. ect.

The FedEx Home Delivery guy that delivers to my house said that he has to pay FedEx to have someone cover his route if he goes on vacation, so he never gets one.

roog

If it was that bad why would they still be doing it, I did hear that some have to bid on routes and sell them but i don't think all those guys are I.C.

Rumor has it that freight is going to start using those Class C trucks with paying drivers $19 per hour. Waiting to see pics of the trucks.

images