Fedex Ground dumped his kite,on the Indiana toll road.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Apostolic, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Airbrakes

Airbrakes Super trucker

That's not from my observations. Like I stated, never once have I seen a Fedex truck obeying local speed limits and other traffic laws. I drive for the Post Office, and see Fedex trucks on a regular basis coming in and out of their hub. Also most of their drivers I talk too are clueless idiots.

If the members you mentioned here aren't one of those dangerous drivers, then more power too them. They are affiliated with the wrong company.

2. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

Hey! Watch that language on here!

3. RickyRicardo

Try it, you'll like it. Not as bad as you think.

4. 4ramsey

4ramsey Active Member

Fedex definitly has Safe , quality drivers however i would love to know who their insurance carrier is. Seems like everyday there is a Fedex Set involved. I would like to know what their motor carrier insurance rating is.

5. RickyRicardo

Most companies are self insured with high deductibles for catastrophic events.

6. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

If your talking about Fedex Ground, which I assume most here are, since that's who the wreck is about, it's actually gotten much worse the past year. They are past the thresold for "driver fitness", which includes operating CMV by a non-english speaking person, and all the things that tend to go along with that.
    Fedex Freight, on the other hand, has a VERY good score.

7. FIRE IN THE WIRE

FIRE IN THE WIRE Active Member

Well good luck! Because that's one of the main reasons why the company parted with Volvo...because they're putting they're own Volvo engines in and wasn't meeting the agreement with the companys long choice of putting a Cummins in. We have quite a few of the I-shifts I believe but they're strickly Cummins over here! That damn Autoshift twin-screw Kw I drive rides wayyyy better of course with a heavy lead pup of course. They bought these twin screw Kw and assigned em on the road board to drivers like myself who pulls doubles all the time. Senseless to me, because nobody on the city driver board is assigned nor even uses the truck. They must be getting em for about the same price as a single screw if not a slight more. I know u all pull the double 53's across the Ind/OH turnpike also....and I can imagine coming out of that toll booth with at least 150K of weight....will take eternity to get back up to speed with a I-Shift.

8. Airbrakes

Airbrakes Super trucker

Our trucks at the Post Office are all automatics, and they are Macs. I was like you before I started driving one, but got used to it over time and now I actually prefer to drive one.

9. krzy18whlr

krzy18whlr Member

Our I-Shifts at Dot are matched with the Volvo D-13 engine. And your right, grossed out with double 48's at 127,500 it takes a while to get back up to speed. The slightest grade and you're struggling. I'm usually doing 40 mph by the time I get to the top of the hill before the Richfield exit. Outside of some minor EGR problems, I haven't heard many complaints. The guys pullng single trailers are getting 8 mpg. It is a quiet, comfortable truck compared to the "cornbinder" I drove the previous 5 years. It took a while for my wife to believe I was working when she'd call, she didn't hear the usual background rattles

10. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I do know that if a driver for ground damages ...especially rolls a trailer ....he is done. No second chances.

I know drivers with 25 to 30 years experience working there...... they are true professionals.

Every company has their idiots.... A MTI driver cut me off the other night and then throw his garbage at Me.

Truly an idiot

11. krzy18whlr

krzy18whlr Member

This time of year FedEx Ground uses a lot of non-FedEx carriers to move trailers, UPS does also. I saw a Landstar O/O pulling one of Buster Brown's yesterday.