Fedex Ground dumped his kite,on the Indiana toll road.

Be CAREFUL airbrakes since there are many FedEx Drivers here at TB and they're not trainees or foreigners.
Blaming one company for roads being unsafe is about as logical as blaming Werner for the stupidities of Swift drivers.
FedEx, as well U. P. S. have FAR LESS ACCIDENTS/INCIDENTS than ANY of the LARGE CARRIERS.

CHEERS!!

That's not from my observations. Like I stated, never once have I seen a Fedex truck obeying local speed limits and other traffic laws. I drive for the Post Office, and see Fedex trucks on a regular basis coming in and out of their hub. Also most of their drivers I talk too are clueless idiots.

If the members you mentioned here aren't one of those dangerous drivers, then more power too them. They are affiliated with the wrong company.

Well they'll learn the hard way! They've assigned me to one of those new Kw's with the autoshift and I'll tell u this in all of my yrs of working here I've never drove a automatic thru the winter. They say these newer automatics are wayyyy better than the old ones......BUT TO ME...BOTTOM LINE...IT'S A DAMN AUTOMATIC! IT'S NOT A TRUCK IF ISN'T MANUAL!....AND IF U CAN'T OPERATE A MANUAL SHIFT TRACTOR THEN....SMH...SMH. ALL I KNOW IS THAT I'LL BE LAYING OVER ALOT THIS YR MORE THAN EVER.
Try it, you'll like it. Not as bad as you think.

Fedex definitly has Safe , quality drivers however i would love to know who their insurance carrier is. Seems like everyday there is a Fedex Set involved. I would like to know what their motor carrier insurance rating is.

Fedex definitly has Safe , quality drivers however i would love to know who their insurance carrier is. Seems like everyday there is a Fedex Set involved. I would like to know what their motor carrier insurance rating is.
Most companies are self insured with high deductibles for catastrophic events.

If your talking about Fedex Ground, which I assume most here are, since that's who the wreck is about, it's actually gotten much worse the past year. They are past the thresold for "driver fitness", which includes operating CMV by a non-english speaking person, and all the things that tend to go along with that.
Fedex Freight, on the other hand, has a VERY good score.

Autoshifts are here to stay, unfortunately. They claim to be more fuel efficient, thus the big fleets are going to them. We've had them at Dot Foods since I've been here (over 8 years). While I miss the control I had with a manual, I've reluctantly gotten used to the auto. I have not experienced any problems in the winter and my route takes me along the Great Lakes snowbelt through Erie, PA from Joliet. Last year I got a new truck, a Volvo with the Volvo I-shift. It is a clutchless, automatic, 12 speed. We had a rare mild winter, I am curious to see how it performs this winter.
Well good luck! Because that's one of the main reasons why the company parted with Volvo...because they're putting they're own Volvo engines in and wasn't meeting the agreement with the companys long choice of putting a Cummins in. We have quite a few of the I-shifts I believe but they're strickly Cummins over here! That damn Autoshift twin-screw Kw I drive rides wayyyy better of course with a heavy lead pup of course. They bought these twin screw Kw and assigned em on the road board to drivers like myself who pulls doubles all the time. Senseless to me, because nobody on the city driver board is assigned nor even uses the truck. They must be getting em for about the same price as a single screw if not a slight more. I know u all pull the double 53's across the Ind/OH turnpike also....and I can imagine coming out of that toll booth with at least 150K of weight....will take eternity to get back up to speed with a I-Shift.

Well good luck! Because that's one of the main reasons why the company parted with Volvo...because they're putting they're own Volvo engines in and wasn't meeting the agreement with the companys long choice of putting a Cummins in. We have quite a few of the I-shifts I believe but they're strickly Cummins over here! That damn Autoshift twin-screw Kw I drive rides wayyyy better of course with a heavy lead pup of course. They bought these twin screw Kw and assigned em on the road board to drivers like myself who pulls doubles all the time. Senseless to me, because nobody on the city driver board is assigned nor even uses the truck. They must be getting em for about the same price as a single screw if not a slight more. I know u all pull the double 53's across the Ind/OH turnpike also....and I can imagine coming out of that toll booth with at least 150K of weight....will take eternity to get back up to speed with a I-Shift.

Our trucks at the Post Office are all automatics, and they are Macs. I was like you before I started driving one, but got used to it over time and now I actually prefer to drive one.

Our I-Shifts at Dot are matched with the Volvo D-13 engine. And your right, grossed out with double 48's at 127,500 it takes a while to get back up to speed. The slightest grade and you're struggling. I'm usually doing 40 mph by the time I get to the top of the hill before the Richfield exit. Outside of some minor EGR problems, I haven't heard many complaints. The guys pullng single trailers are getting 8 mpg. It is a quiet, comfortable truck compared to the "cornbinder" I drove the previous 5 years. It took a while for my wife to believe I was working when she'd call, she didn't hear the usual background rattles

I do know that if a driver for ground damages ...especially rolls a trailer ....he is done. No second chances.

I know drivers with 25 to 30 years experience working there...... they are true professionals.

Every company has their idiots.... A MTI driver cut me off the other night and then throw his garbage at Me.

Truly an idiot

This time of year FedEx Ground uses a lot of non-FedEx carriers to move trailers, UPS does also. I saw a Landstar O/O pulling one of Buster Brown's yesterday.