FedEx Ground

No idea Sir, however you may well find a answer (or more) when landing in FedEx Freight under the LTL FORUM through Trucking Forums/Other.
CHEERS!!

No idea Sir, however you may well find a answer (or more) when landing in FedEx Freight under the LTL FORUM through Trucking Forums/Other.
CHEERS!!
i used to work for the now long gone, RPS..it was "like" fedex ground, meaning they had company people AND o/o's......

FedEX, the REAL FED EX, bought out RPS, and renamed it, Fedex Ground.

so, there ARE o/o's,,,,but i cannot say for sure right now, if they also have thier own staff of drivers.

the way it worked at RPS, i got paid hourly if i worked for RPS.....if i had to "sub" for a contractor, HE PAID ME my hourly wages, plus "sometimes" a little bit extra for doing his route....

the DOWNSIDE to doing a contractors route..??

say he had a set 75 stops....

RPS would give me OVER 100 stops to do.......!!!!!

i clearly could not do all those, and always got a "service failure" and a threat to be fired....

but they couldn't fire me.....i was one of 2 tractor trailer drivers...THEY NEEDED to hand load trailers at various drops........

so best bet...?? inquire with in........and frankly.....RUN if they do hire drivers that MUST be for "sub" duty.......

some day, i'll tell ya'll how i quit those RPS jerks.......

No company drivers that I know of in California. I've known two guys who worked for a contractor for a couple years then got hired as a company driver at Express.
Stimpy, what do you know?

No company drivers that I know of in California. I've known two guys who worked for a contractor for a couple years then got hired as a company driver at Express.
Stimpy, what do you know?

I know that you don't want to work there. My first contractor was a descent man still paid peanuts.... he sold out to another person it went down hill really fast.

One thing about ground you can total the truck just don't damage the trailer or dolly. Or have a equipment disconnect.... it will result in a FedEx disqualification for life .

My opinion is that there are a lot better jobs with employers giving respect to the drivers and with a lot better pay....

Run don't go there.

The only company workers are the package handlers that load and unload the trucks....and managers.

Did I say don't do it.
my niece just got a job at the local fedex ground. they started her off unloading the trucks. she likes the job (so far) she is on disability, so she feels good working and earning her money.

i told her to try her best and maybe they switch people around to different jobs, so they get to know all that needs to be done.

could that be true @Stimpy ??

my niece just got a job at the local fedex ground. they started her off unloading the trucks. she likes the job (so far) she is on disability, so she feels good working and earning her money.

i told her to try her best and maybe they switch people around to different jobs, so they get to know all that needs to be done.

could that be true @Stimpy ??

I don't know.... I wasn't a FedEx employee.... just worked for a contractor.... not sure how they progress in the building.

I interviewed with them. Ground is not Express, they are the company drivers. You work for a contractor depending on their size they may or may not provide benefits, most don't. I didn't take the job, too many better opportunities out there.