FedEx Freight | Fedex in for the long haul

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Fedex in for the long haul
[SIZE=-1]Australian - Sydney,Australia
... Both Fedex and UPS, the world's two largest express delivery companies, are expanding beyond their core parcel networks into a range of heavier freight services [/SIZE]

good article jeff,but did you catch the part where ltl vehicles are smaller than truck-load,i dare say the writer has ever pulled a set of doubles across the penn turn-pike with heavy winds and heavy snow.

apparently, math is not this writer's long suit.... 28 + 28 = 56 all day long. Plus the 4 +/- between the trailers = 60'.

thats strange.because i think ups got overnites dedicated fleet of all vans. you would think they might have gotten landspan too.

Landspan is a totally seperate and different company from WML. So is Sunco and Interstate. As far as I can tell they still belong to Watkins Associated Industries and won't be sold with WML.

In my area Overnite does Southern States delivery under some type of contract, but that might end when the contract is up, I don't know. It was in the Decicated side of them.

wyomingkid said:
good article jeff,but did you catch the part where ltl vehicles are smaller than truck-load,i dare say the writer has ever pulled a set of doubles across the penn turn-pike with heavy winds and heavy snow.
Guess he has never heard of triple traliers in the west either.:duh:

But then again all of our trucks are small compared to the land trains that they run in the outback. (One tractor pulling three and four 53 footers.)

According to the company information release FedEx Freight bought it all. If Watkins owned it then it is now part of FedEx. I may have misread the statement, but that is what I remember.

Trailer Trash said:
According to the company information release FedEx Freight bought it all. If Watkins owned it then it is now part of FedEx. I may have misread the statement, but that is what I remember.

I think you did TT, the only thing that was sold was WML and Watkins Canada....

They don't actually pull three or four 53ft trailers on the road in the outback they only pull them aroung the yards loading them, but most writers in OZ would'nt understand our system here anymore than a writer here would understand theirs.

jibber jabber said:
They don't actually pull three or four 53ft trailers on the road in the outback they only pull them aroung the yards loading them, but most writers in OZ would'nt understand our system here anymore than a writer here would understand theirs.

Australian land trains

Man we need those grill gaurds here for all the idiots in little cars !!!!! LOL I'd hate to have to check all those tires though.

The pics were good and they do pull 3 trailers in certain parts of the country but not 53ft trailers, not trying to argue the point just trying to be informative as I lived in Darwin in the Northern Territory for ten years. And it would be great to have Bull Bars or Roo Bars as they are called. Have seen a couple here but were on Canadian trucks. But yea the road trains are pretty good, they can only be pulled in parts of Queensland, All of the Northern Territory and parts of Western Australia.