FedEx Freight | FedEx pilots take another step toward 30% pay raise

who would not want 30% raise ?

Overnight FedEx is outrageous $$$$$

Wait better add some more $$$$$$$$

30% is a huge bump. I'd be happy with 10, Instead of the 5 we got last year.

The question is, will they have the same amount of work with FedEx leaning into road and rail.

I was young and worked for a guy that cut our wages by 33% after he got a union vote of NO then , well there was no one left after 45 days , well some that could not drive , he lost customers and lost everything , bye , bye . I'd be down for 33% larger hot dog bun length . So much for 30% . Even a bag of hot chips with 30% more would be nice , good luck to the pilots .

I was young and worked for a guy that cut our wages by 33% after he got a union vote of NO then , well there was no one left after 45 days , well some that could not drive , he lost customers and lost everything , bye , bye . I'd be down for 33% larger hot dog bun length . So much for 30% . Even a bag of hot chips with 30% more would be nice , good luck to the pilots .
Uncle Sam cut my pay more than 30% when he invited me to his party, he didn't let me vote to see if I wanted to stay.

30% is a huge bump. I'd be happy with 10, Instead of the 5 we got last year.

The question is, will they have the same amount of work with FedEx leaning into road and rail.
FedEx announced a couple of months ago that they will only be flying the "hot" packages and envelopes in FedEx planes. The rest will be flown through other airlines. Purchase transportation if you will. By them announcing this it would seem they won't need as many pilots or planes in the future.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/fedex-says-air-network-restructuring-to-save-700m-annually

think about this............
we are in The Reign of Raj now. cut billions from the budget
Pilots get 30% increase. express and ground not profitable right now
Where does he recoup the 30%???????????????? from FREIGHT. were screwed, just sayin
and we lost our hero status

think about this............
we are in The Reign of Raj now. cut billions from the budget
Pilots get 30% increase. express and ground not profitable right now
Where does he recoup the 30%???????????????? from FREIGHT. were screwed, just sayin
and we lost our hero status
What do you specifically mean by this?

The Pilots are Union but the drivers are not doesn't make sense.
Fedex Freight had some locations sign cards then vote in favor of Teamster representation about 8 years ago. Nothing ever happened so one by one they started to decertify.

Fedex Freight had some locations sign cards then vote in favor of Teamster representation about 8 years ago. Nothing ever happened so one by one they started to decertify.
Two reasons for that.
1. This company is full of back stabbers and kool-aid drinking kiss butts.
2. The teamsters dropped the ball and didn't help with organizing FedEx. At least in my location for sure. The driver's did all the work. I've covered that in past posts not doing it again.

For that reason I wouldn't sign a teamster card if my nuts were on fire and they were holding a bucket of water.

I think we could use a union, but not teamsters. Either we create our own or find a reputable one...