FedEx Freight | FedEx Press Release is official

yep its done.i work for watkins and just got the info and the new company name.we will see how it goes.i dread the filling out the application.i have been with watkins 27 years.

re

please read the FAQ's - you are operating as an independant company, there is no rehiring - this is a very positive thing guys. we just introduced mexico, begging for canada and selling surface expedite network freight - this is awesome and the offices here are just buzzing with information and ideas now.

Rob

the question i have is this .i'm being hired in the next two weeks or so and their in the process of doing my paper work as we speak,so will the hiring process go as if it were still watkins?

Union posts not allowed in a forum not owned by a union represented company, second offense = ban

Have to apply for my own job...what a joke.... where are the teamsters when you need them?

Chip said:
Unless you're a contractor.
Contractors should have no reason to worry. FedEx is probably going to run you contractors more miles than you really want to run.... Just plan on painting your tractors white. FedEx is really particular about white tractors.

local61man said:
the question i have is this .i'm being hired in the next two weeks or so and their in the process of doing my paper work as we speak,so will the hiring process go as if it were still watkins?
It will take 45 to 90 days or more before all the paperwork is done to finalize it...You will be a Watkins employee before they actually sell.

Nope, they are phasing out city contractors, in the 6-8 week time frame. They will be offered a job as a company driver and an offer will be made on their trucks.

yes i spoke to steve who is the director of sale for watkins and he told me that city contractors in charlotte will be offered company jobs. that to some may be bad,but thats better than not having any other options but go home and take your truck with you.

It's a good thing

local61man said:
yes i spoke to steve who is the director of sale for watkins and he told me that city contractors in charlotte will be offered company jobs. that to some may be bad,but thats better than not having any other options but go home and take your truck with you.
You guys will eventually be all up in YRCW cool aid, That long haul LTL, Fred Smith and the boys must going crazy to get there hand in a ton of that business. You guys will be easy for them to rebrand, a hell of alot newer equipment than O-NITE. Very positive for your future. Rather be on the inside looking out than the outside looking in these days in this industry. Hell if you dodn't get bought up buy one the big hitters now the future would look pretty grim eventually:smilie_132: :smilie_132:

local61man said:
Right now in Charlotte, we can barely cover all the runs. We need drivers at Freight right now. If they have a bad taste about WML, send them over to Little Rock Road.