FedEx Freight | FedEx Says Watkins Will Grow

Any thoughts on how FedX Freight will transition its current long haul accounts to Fed X National. Could there be problems of sales people giving up commissions.

sparky said:
Any thoughts on how FedX Freight will transition its current long haul accounts to Fed X National. Could there be problems of sales people giving up commissions.
I think they'll just simply direct their customers to National for the long haul freight.

Answer

jawn113 said:
I think they'll just simply direct their customers to National for the long haul freight.
You will see in the future that your entire sales group will be trained in each aspect of the company and will be required to be able to answer any questions about the Fedex Freight corporation and or Fedex corporation services.

its the wildest rollercoaster ride i have ever seen. no place better to work than Freight, and I guess we can add National to that now too. we gained market share with Freight alone, just wait to see what happens when National gets in place. The culture of the people, the infastructure of Watkins and commitment to be the best is going to blow these other poor carriers out.
Sales does not get commision, they get paid like everyone else. that drives them to do it for the right reason, bring on profitable business, and keep operations working.

i'm curious if the watkins trucks will be re-branded at the watkins bulk terminals that have paint shops,or will they contract the work out?

Wyoming you will see a combination of the two like we had at AF I think. They will get the new logo out there in good numbers and then just let the company shops finish up over time. That's how it worked at AF anyway.

wyomingkid said:
i'm curious if the watkins trucks will be re-branded at the watkins bulk terminals that have paint shops,or will they contract the work out?
At first, you will see the shops take alot of time and peel the old ones off and apply the new ones.They will take alot of time to make sure it is done right. They are getting paid well on the clock. Then, as time goes by,
you will see contractors pull up to a tractor or trailer and grab a ladder, propane torch and heat and peel the old logos and stick the new ones on. Then they will move right on down the line. As it goes on for a while, there will be days when there is one number on one side of a unit, and another number on the other side.