FedEx Freight | Fedex slaps linehaul drivers in the face again......

And it is not IF...I am approved.
Being new to the process and the company, I of course would not know how all divisions work, obviously. Also, being new to this website, I just saw the FEDEX name and wanted to seek out helpful information. Or maybe someone that could lead me to the right answers. If that offends you, then I truly apologize.

OMEGAO said:
I have just been approved to obtain a FEDEX Linehaul route. I'm OK with the O/O part. But for those of you who are already there, what should I watch out for and is it worth it?

If you got a Freight line haul route. What makes you think any of us are going to help you. I may get into trouble on here for this. But I will never help you. I have not and will not help someone helping the company to try and starve an employee out.

Forgive me, I am new to this sight and was not aware this board was for Fedex Freight. I am seeking help from someone who is with FEDEX Ground. Definately not trying to starve anyone out of their way of living.

If you got a Freight line haul route. What makes you think any of us are going to help you. I may get into trouble on here for this. But I will never help you. I have not and will not help someone helping the company to try and starve an employee out.

Why would you be mad at that guy? He didn't do it if it had been true, he is looking for info on Ground.

Thanks. Truly did not want to offend anyone. Just trying to find out the GOOD, BAD, And UGLY before I signed the dotted line.

Thanks. Truly did not want to offend anyone. Just trying to find out the GOOD, BAD, And UGLY before I signed the dotted line.

Ask away man, I don't know much about Ground but somebody has to here......

Not right ! Last Thursday night I pulled into cgt behind a hill bros driver pulling one of our sets and to ice the cake he gets out of his sleeper cab with fed ex freight ball cap on and our uniform pants , couldn't tell if he had the shirt for he had on a flannel coat .got a picture of him in the break room . To top it off I can't even get a via out of their do to these guys taking runs I'm sure any of us would love to take . What's next are they going to be on the dock unloading our freight next ? You all should have seen Ups at cgt Friday night
if it was a UPSF driver, he was probably looking for a job. UPS is starving their linehaul guys out with contractors.

OMEGAO said:

The topic of Freight using contractors or going to a contractor model has been a hot one on here for a while,sorry if I jumped on you a little.

If your Ground I have no problem with you. I thought you were saying you were buying a lane from Freight. I have tried and would like to get on at Ground but haven't been able to. Good luck on your adventure. Sorry for jumping all over you.

Do you listen to Kevin Rutherford?? He is a Ground contractor. I don't know if I can post a link but, he's not hard to find.
From what I understand, It can be tough starting out unless you buy a route from a contractor (basically buying his business) plus location location location is the main variable with all Fedex divisions.
There is one person here that was a ground contractor, maybe he'll chime in

Leprechaun said:
Ups was at cgx to pick up Freight. None of the supervisors would say anything.

I delivered and picked up at all the other carriers. The Union ones were always a bit interesting. Always checked fifth wheel before I left them.

HILLBILLY said:
I delivered and picked up at all the other carriers. The Union ones were always a bit interesting. Always checked fifth wheel before I left them.

I check mine whenever Im parked next to one,force of habit.

this has happened at our terminal before it is was because we held the freight overnight and because it was misloaded on one of our trailers from a swap

fartknocker said:
I check mine whenever Im parked next to one,force of habit.

I had my pins pulled one night when ran into a TA to use the bathroom. Ever since then ive made it a point check them if I walk out of sight of the unit.

I know several people who drive for companies Hill bros, dotline and such. they pick up in mira loma, kansas city, harrisburg and all over and go to terminals and pick up freight again they have regular runs and run every week. they are screwing you and everybody who drives for fedex. now fernie out of el paso says they are loosing money and will reorganize soon. believe it or not. just like before. drivers are going to get screwed out of a jobs.

We have some drivers that ran up and back with contractors.Between Memphis and west Memphis we have over 30+ contractor loads a day.

Its one the best leases out there. If you are running on a shoe string then keep it simple and run the one truck yourself. You will make a living but not get rich. If you get lazy you will go broke. Most multi truck owners, if they have truck payments, after paying for everything are lucky to clear a 100.00 to 200.00 dollars a week off of it. If you run your truck you will make between 35000.00 and 60000.00 a year after you pay everything. Its up to you, is it worth it or not? Be smart with your money, you will get some big checks, don't blow the money because at some point the truck will, make no mistake, the truck will eat it. I hope this helps you some and good luck with your adventure.