FedEx Freight | Fedex slaps linehaul drivers in the face again......

Contractors that pull fdx freight sets is what i'm talking.......not purchase transportation(where the freight is loaded on their companies dry van)
we have some drivers that ran up and back with contractors.between memphis and west memphis we have over 30+ contractor loads a day.

I'm sorry!...correction!....i see the same contractors running each way 5 nights a week...........so they can tell me another lie & hope that i believe it.
by using these contractors to pull our sets it only tells me one thing......we must be hauling cheap freight cause it seems that's the only way for the company to make a profit instead of using a company driver. As far as using that "imbalanced lane" excuse all the time....i don't think so cause i see the contractors each way 5 days a week.......so they can me another lie & hope that i believe it.

Originally Posted by leprechaun

ups was at cgx to pick up freight. None of the supervisors would say anything.

He probably was thier in his van del packages to the office.

I understand all that bro but when u got company road drivers sitting at home who can't even come in to work the dock for atleast 5-8hrs and they got these contractors pulling our sets in between hubs within a 600mi radius or so back & forth, regularly 5 days a week isn't right bro. I don't see no imbalance in that freight lane at all man.
pt is cheaper no matter what freight it is.the profit margin is still greater using pt.

For those of you who like the union (not me) we could form our own. I know this will get kicked to the u v nu string but I figured I would respond to heynow.

If we go to electronic logs 648 mile run will be impossible to do, Will run out of time with any little delay. Cannot cheat the computer!!!

If we go to electronic logs 648 mile run will be impossible to do, Will run out of time with any little delay. Cannot cheat the computer!!!

Why not? That is only averaging 58.91 miles per hour. That shouldn't be a problem with a 65 MPH truck. You just have to keep the left door shut.

Guardrail said:
Why not? That is only averaging 58.91 miles per hour. That shouldn't be a problem with a 65 MPH truck. You just have to keep the left door shut.

So nothing to drink for 5 hours before you leave and nothing during. No time for bathroom breaks!!!

Well you have to average 59 miles an hour. Being female I must stop at a truck stop to use the bathroom. No ramps and checking tires like you guys! Ugh! The stop often takes 15- 20 minutes by the time you get off the highway and back on. Have to log that. And I won't hurt myself by not going for 5 hours. Plus every time I make my swap there is always a wet spot by the dolly of the set I take? Never step in it !!!!

But electronic logs might be nice for a change. Something else to really make drivers grip about for a while.

Well you have to average 59 miles an hour. Being female I must stop at a truck stop to use the bathroom. No ramps and checking tires like you guys! Ugh! The stop often takes 15- 20 minutes by the time you get off the highway and back on. Have to log that. And I won't hurt myself by not going for 5 hours. Plus every time I make my swap there is always a wet spot by the dolly of the set I take? Never step in it !!!!

But electronic logs might be nice for a change. Something else to really make drivers grip about for a while.

We don't gripe. We have heated passionate discussions about the events of the day:hissyfit:

At the risk of being insensitive, maybe that long a run is not for you.

In Memphis they have over 30 contractors,that's not including West Memphis.They say its because no return freight.But many time divers have ran to another terminal and back seeing the same contractor.Also we have many contractors that are regulars,Its like they they have a bid on the Road board.As far as pulling fedex pups,we were told they do that to regulate equipment at different centers......

In Memphis they have over 30 contractors,that's not including West Memphis.They say its because no return freight.But many time divers have ran to another terminal and back seeing the same contractor.Also we have many contractors that are regulars,Its like they they have a bid on the Road board.As far as pulling fedex pups,we were told they do that to regulate equipment at different centers......

Well all I know is there is now a place on the dispatch screen where a driver# or a Team# can be entered at the time of Dispatch. It has been there for a while.