Central Transport | Fedex to buy vitran

bigdaddy300

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello to all the vitran drivers i work for freight and heard of the uppers that left our place to come to vitran just wondering if anything has been said over there about fedex buying vitran we have been hearing rumors as to such didnt know if you guys had heard them too. Kinda odd for all these guys to just up and leave at the same time almost and go to the exact same place

they are spending the raise money they kept from us over the last several years on these former fed ex execs to lure them over. now they have to recoup their slush fund again, better start making some new excuses on how to blame the workers for the reason why you can't give a raise. hurry up chris, the camera is about to roll. :fan:

the fed ex drivers posting that we won't be bought by fed ex are prob the same people who posted that fed ex won't buy watkins. lol.

bigdaddy300--we can't figure it out either. Been reading about it for weeks on here. Why would FX want to buy a broke down rag-tag operation like this one? Supposedly FX is run like a well-oiled machine and we can't even operate without several rolls of duct-tape at the ready in our garages. Maybe, just maybe, CK came on board with several of his buddies to use this company as a training ground for the Fed-Ex Problem Solving School? That way, when the time comes, they just all go back to your place much wiser AND at no expense to FX.

had enough said:
the fed ex drivers posting that we won't be bought by fed ex are prob the same people who posted that fed ex won't buy watkins. lol.

There were no rumors flying around about buying Watkins .

bigdaddy300--we can't figure it out either. Been reading about it for weeks on here. Why would FX want to buy a broke down rag-tag operation like this one? Supposedly FX is run like a well-oiled machine and we can't even operate without several rolls of duct-tape at the ready in our garages. Maybe, just maybe, CK came on board with several of his buddies to use this company as a training ground for the Fed-Ex Problem Solving School? That way, when the time comes, they just all go back to your place much wiser AND at no expense to FX.
you have a garage... all we have is a rolling joke machine (outside vendor) with a "mechanic" who spends more time playing around with the dock workers than he does working.

Can't seperate Can from US, the US would collapse due to lack of funds on it's own. I Cannon believe they would sell logistics either, it makes us to much money, and feeds more freight into our own system

hey larmar, fed ex isnt buying this "loser" company I can agre with u on that. but dont hate on vitran , its probley just becuz vitran or pjax gave you walking papers, and that one of your family members got underneath a desk to get you in at fed-ex. :crybaby:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fedex buying out employees because of overcapacity in a cost cutting move. There is no reason Fedex can financially afford to buy a loser company like ViJackoff. Face facts, the mighty Vitran is circling the drain.

UPDATE 2-FedEx to offer voluntary buyout to U.S. employees | Reuters
That could be the main reason we are gaining them. SPC lost a TM, but just got a
new one, and surprise,surprise, he's from Fed-Ex. I know-I never would have guessed that one...:hysterical:

I don't know sadsack679. As I understand it, they need a canadian operation. Old Ricky might have said, buy the bad with the good? The Mrs was told by one of their customers when I Fed-Ex sales person was there that they would have Canadian operations real soon? In fact have heard this from several sources like that. Every person that is being hired is Fed-ex?

Question while I think of it. What is the "P" at the end of the trailer number designate? "S" for swing doors & "R" roll up but a "P"? I saw one in a Fed-Ex ground facility.

Question while I think of it. What is the "P" at the end of the trailer number designate? "S" for swing doors & "R" roll up but a "P"? I saw one in a Fed-Ex ground facility.[/QUOTE]

maybe the P stands for pup I saw four of them on the road yesterday, funny too they were hooked to O/O tractors that said on the side of them Fed Ex CANADA, must be they have a Canadian operation up and running already.

Question while I think of it. What is the "P" at the end of the trailer number designate? "S" for swing doors & "R" roll up but a "P"? I saw one in a Fed-Ex ground facility.

maybe the P stands for pup I saw four of them on the road yesterday, funny too they were hooked to O/O tractors that said on the side of them Fed Ex CANADA, must be they have a Canadian operation up and running already.[/QUOTE]

That is what buying out Watkins was all about for FE

Don't think so. The "P" was on the end of 53 footer number. Brand spanking new trailer at that. Our guys guessed "parcel post"?

so say fe does grab vitran, then all of us at vitran would have to apply for our job at fe or would we just be like step childern and dragged through the mud as we step into the world of fed-ex? I hate rumors, becuz most of them turn out to be true, i didnt think that fe would buy vitran, but the more I look at all the moves being made in the big chairs, and how many more fe people are coming to vitran, you know what they say, if it walks like a duck talks like a duck quacks like a duck well george it must be, fedex buying vitran.:chairshot: