Central Transport | Fedex to buy vitran

And you do it illegally. The Kansas turnpike allows double vans (45' Max length each), a van (48/53') and a pup, a van (45') and 2 pups or triples as long as the rig is not over 120,000 lbs. (90K in OK) and 119 (2005 rules) foot long. Of course no one pays attention to the rules because no one enforces them. Hell, when I was leased to Chris, we didn't even have the KSTPK permit.

I have been measured twice so your info is just alittle bit inaccurate. The permit (please keep in mind I am at home and do not have the KS or OK permit in my dick beaters (hands). KS permit allows 125 foot of over all vehicle length (bumper to bumper) and states nothing about combinations or trailer lengths specifics. So yes when you ran for Chris,with double vans, with a large car sleeper MACK and a train horn to announce your arrival you was running illegal. How the sleeper trucks got away with it then and now (HOBBY LOBBY still runs double vans) i haven't a clue. Next i have pictures and got measured twice with the next combination a 48 and two pups, that night with my 5th wheel 1/2 up my length was 124ft 3 inches. The only specific the permit states is "the combinations must allow for proper articulation" ( screw up and hit something the highway man will make you pay for the light show). You are however correct about the weight on the OK permit but, it dosen't have a stated over all length or combination set up on the permit. Permits may have changed since you worked here....what six years ago? I didn't know about these rules until i tried to get hired on at OD whom was looking for a driver for the triples turn to KC and they required a LCV permitted driver. I did alot of homework on this, to include and not limited to: calling our safety department, reading the rules in the handbook, calling the Federal Motors Carriers Ass., calling my brother in law (South Carolina Trooper) whom asked a Scale Master to explain it to me on a conference call. I was trying to get the permit in my hand (and yes I did LEGALLY) just to try to get on at OD but, i jacked up my neck in MAR and in APRIL when I was applying they couldn't hire me due to a open Work Comp Claim. I love playing this game because I'm good at it and better than you. 1. I know what I'm doing. 2. I can back up what I say. 3. I have a above average I.Q. Good Day and CHECK MATE! next game please. (note to the readers. I know this guy and he is a straight shooter and I am just giving him a hard time for the simple fact that I am bored and I woke up to early) (side notes...info is correct)(side side note..i am out of coffee and have to pee)(side side side note...will now go get more coffe and pee)

if vitran sucks so bad quit, go find another job. You people are the problem here too. Go away

Not sure I agree with this at all.

There are plenty of people on here that have years with this company and are quite tired of management trying to run it into the ground. :TR10driving03: Alot of people have good ideas to help but are not heard because we are just regular employees. I for one would much rather see this company become better then what it is. Believe it or not some of us do still care.

So no, I will not just go quietly well I watch someone flush my job down the toilet.

I am not happy, like so many others, but financially I cannot leave here and work the checkout at Wal Mart, so, like so many others, if the right job comes along,,,,,,,,,,,, see ya later, until then, I do my job despite all the BS in the system. Dock Man, agree 100%, everything from clock strokers to poor outbound planning to poor pickup planning, we need a 85% logistic overhaul, about 15% of what we have works correct. What even seems like a simple transfer they make it so hard because nobody wants to get in front and form a plan. The old saying of "failure to plan is planning to fail" rings true around here

I am not happy, like so many others, but financially I cannot leave here and work the checkout at Wal Mart, so, like so many others, if the right job comes along,,,,,,,,,,,, see ya later, until then, I do my job despite all the BS in the system. Dock Man, agree 100%, everything from clock strokers to poor outbound planning to poor pickup planning, we need a 85% logistic overhaul, about 15% of what we have works correct. What even seems like a simple transfer they make it so hard because nobody wants to get in front and form a plan. The old saying of "failure to plan is planning to fail" rings true around here
or failure to plan on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part

Perhaps we have it all wrong and FedEx is not buying Vitran. What if it's the other way around, Vitran is buying FedEx just like we 'bought' Pjax? :LMAO:

I have been measured twice so your info is just alittle bit inaccurate.

Except for the one caveat I inserted (2005 rules). :). I figured the rules could have changed, so I threw that in there. The kansas turnpike commission would be the authority on the permit. I checked into it just because Chris was too cheap to even buy the permit. We ran LCV for 8 years without the permit and never got caught.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps we have it all wrong and FedEx is not buying Vitran. What if it's the other way around, Vitran is buying FedEx just like we 'bought' Pjax? :LMAO:

Bought out is such a nasty phrase in modern business, even if that is what someone actually did,,,,,,, some say you should say MERGE:fingure:

Why dont some of you guys get a real life?do you really think fedex would buy a **** company like vitran?my god 70% of the people who work there could not even pass a fedex freight background check!that is why this so called company pays so cheap!i would not even call this place a company!