FedEx Freight | FedEx to fold contractor based Ground unit into express and to become staff

classicxl

TB Lurker
Credits
This is only for FedEx Canada i believe but FedEx is merging its Ground based contractors to express unit and they will become staff now

It is only for Canada. It's the other way around here. FedEx express employees getting severance packages or the option to go part time, depending on needs and seniority. This varies by location, but FedEx is looking up have this completed by 2027.

I see 6 contractors nightly going to the states from my location. Talk to them at customs regularly. Out of the 12 pups, 10 are empty. They say the contract says they run, full or empty. Can’t see that being profitable so makes sense why they are going this route.

It is only for Canada. It's the other way around here. FedEx express employees getting severance packages or the option to go part time, depending on needs and seniority. This varies by location, but FedEx is looking up have this completed by 2027.
Just like they still pay full pension at Yellow for Canadian Teamsters government forces them.