FedEx Freight | Fedex vs Vitran

Stepnstone

TB Lurker
Credits
It makes me laugh how drivers at fedex call us at vitran bottom feeders. I guess your mad about all your management leaving and coming here. I will say that vitran isnt the best company out there, but I worked for usf holland for a year and a half and they arent much better, and by the sounds of it from all the complaining by various fedex drivers on here your not much better than vitran. I think that down the road its going to be interesting to see who is the top the dog in the ltl industry. I know that as of now its old dominion and there isn't alot of companies that beat them right now.

It makes me laugh how drivers at fedex call us at vitran bottom feeders. I guess your mad about all your management leaving and coming here. I will say that vitran isnt the best company out there, but I worked for usf holland for a year and a half and they arent much better, and by the sounds of it from all the complaining by various fedex drivers on here your not much better than vitran. I think that down the road its going to be interesting to see who is the top the dog in the ltl industry. I know that as of now its old dominion and there isn't alot of companies that beat them right now.

I know a couple of things ODFL excels at.... rate cutting and lower wages!

If you think vitran will ever surpass FedEx then you need a drug test. In case you haven't noticed FedEx has deep pockets and isn't afraid to use it. Just remember FedEx is a GLOBAL COMPANY and vitran can't even cover all the states in this country. Just Sayin

Well I work for Fedex Freight now and for quite a few years now. I also worked for Vitran while I was in high school and I'll tell you what from my eyes Vitran will always be a part of me and I'll never forget that place. Really the only reason I left there was because they didn't have a driving program, I mean dont get me wrong I enjoy working here and will not change it for any reason and there is many difficult days and many good days, but I do miss Vitran and the people I worked with over there.

What are you, like 3yrs old? A my company vs your company thread? Believe me, I lost my love for the purple boner but this is ridiculous.

It makes me laugh how drivers at fedex call us at vitran bottom feeders. .

Nobody is calling you as drivers at Vitran bottom feeders.

They are calling the company a bottom feeder company.

Im sorry you got layed off or whatever at Holland and had to settle for a "BOTTOM FEEDER COMPANY"

Is that better.:1036316054:

Richard Cranium said:
Ok, I googled it. I was most impressed by their extensive network and presence in all fifty states.
It's a pity though that I can't work there as I don't meet their personal appearance standards.

Personal appearance standards? One of the guys I see wears a do rag and a hemp sachel around his neck. Another one goes into the customers and bitches about what a sheeit hole the place of business is,too the people that work there. The other ones are good guys,theres goobers everywhere I guess. The guy that cusses and bitches about the customer is mostly concerned that he will have to where a complete uniform some day.

Hey Fart K , you know as well as I we have our winners working for us too like the guys that try to wear the same uniform all week , yea the one with last weeks lunch stains on it. How about the guys that never , never wash jackets or vests and sweaters they smell like B.O. and Old Spice ...

LMFAO.....

I have close friends that work at Vitran, and they are just like we were when we were AF or Viking. Happy with there company, Things will change there just as they did here as they get bigger. That is why Vitran is hiring execs from the bigger company, because they want to be bigger and they want execs that now how to do it, It will go from a worker friendly company to make money at any cost company. Its the nature of the buisness, settle in and accept it and make your fortune with a worldwide company or jump ship now and find a smaller family oriented and work till your 75 and feel warm and fuzzy company. Me I think I will retire at 55 and laugh all the way to the bank!

I know a few people that work at Vitran, they are good people. I don't personally claim to know the rest, in the end it is not my place to judge someone else anyway.

roog

SMOKESTACK said:
Hey Fart K , you know as well as I we have our winners working for us too like the guys that try to wear the same uniform all week , yea the one with last weeks lunch stains on it. How about the guys that never , never wash jackets or vests and sweaters they smell like B.O. and Old Spice ...

LMFAO.....

Thats why I said there are goobers everywhere,we certainly have our share!

I don't see how you can compare Vitran with FXF. I think we closed more terminals in this last merger than Vitran has in the lower 48. As far as management moving around, it always looks better on your resume being a big fish in a small pond, than being a little fish in a big pond. Vitran has no place to go but up. TP

There is plenty of freight out there to go around. The customers do remember which carrier routinely moves their product on time and intact. That is of much greater importance to them than last weeks food stains! Oh yeah, I also am one of those whatcha call "bottom-feeders"! Ya'll take care now! Ya hear?

Well Son When The.Purple Machine Swallows Up Your Little Company Then You'll Be Living The Purple Dream That's Something You Could Look Forward Too. Since The Word On The Street Is That's In The Works.... That's Y Our Management Has Come Over Sleep Well See Ya Soon.