Fedup

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by spider monkey, Jul 18, 2014.

1. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

I have been here since1989. I've worked for a very good leader and boss. We have been through the good and bad times together. This company was built on honesty and integrity. The next generation of leadership does not have that and is full of corporate greed and we are headed down the same path as FedEx Freight somebody better wake up and smell the coffee before it's too late. The ram it cram it down your throat style management is terrible for morale. There is very little respect for the driver and all about the numbers anymore. we are headed down a road that none of us have ever seen before. I wish someone would get corporates attention and talk to the drivers before this goes to far. I have loved this place for the first 20 years. That's not the case the last 4 or 5 years.

2. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Spider, I hear ya.That's a part of the reason I decided to leave Dayton Freight last year. I don't know what service center you are based out of (not that it really matters). For me, the major reasons to explore other employ was the announcement from Tom C. that ownership of the company was slowly transferring to Anthony, Tom III, and Sean. I also was tired of waiting for Dayton to fullfil the promise of re-opening the service center in Madison Wisc. For me, 'the writing on the wall' came to me after a couple of 'driver rep' meetings when the subject of having a few policy's up-dated and modernized for the times was flatly refused to be discussed, or even put on the agenda. The opportunity to purchase a home outside of Dayton Freight service area was the deciding factor, but who knows if DFL would have kept up with the times and kept their promise, I may have never started looking.

3. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

We have got so busy trying to manipulate the numbers that we have simply forgot the customer service is what we're here for. Everyday we operate to fail with not enough help to get the job done. it is a shame that we have forgotten the customer service is all we have to offer. The 4 r v p's are so worried about the numbers they are going to run this company into the ground that is a shame. I call the corporate greed. Everyday we intentionally leave ourselves short handed to fail. we are running this company on a hope and a prayer it is a real shame. Because it was not build like this.

Dirty Bob likes this.
  4. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

Your are right. That's why none of the senior driver go anymore there is very little to discuss at the meeting . what we have now is like 45 different franchise owner's every terminal being ran anyway they want to.if you read the post on FedEx Freight pages a lot. Of the same thing is going on here to. We will be in the same position in a few years.

5. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

When Mr. Cronin ran this company every thing was in black and white no gray area. Now everything is left up to somebody's interpretation. I am going to retire very soon, my main concern is for the future of this company to continue to treat the drivers and customer's with integrate and respect. I just do not see that anymore. It has become solely about my numbers. It is truly heart breaking to watch this happen to this once great company.

6. Tronix

Tronix New Member

I worked for Dayton Rockford for about 8 years. I seen alot of changes coming and going. When they opened the crest hills facility. I knew the writing was on the wall for alot of us. Not to mention all the lies I was fed through Tom from Ross.... So, I jumped shipp.... to a Union company of all things and Honestly, I couldn't be happier... It is sad to hear what is going on there now, I still keep in touch with a few drivers and some of the dockmen. The stories they tell now of what they are being forced to do and what they are getting in trouble for is just insane. Things that would never of happened 4 years ago are now apart of the "dayton difference" ... It was a good company, and was on a good trek with the way it was being ran. But, now, it is nothing more than Fed Ex Dayton Freight.... Won't be long before they are pulling pups.

7. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

Sorry to hear that dayton freight is turning into the rest of the LTL companies. I tried to get on with dayton a few years ago cuz everyone said it was a great company. To bad it went down hill so quickly.

Lazer weren't you out of MN?

8. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I was hired on at the Madison Wisc. service center (024), when that was closed I transferred to Rockford Ill (026).

9. BROWN22

BROWN22 Active Member

Numbers are all these carriers talk about, no matter which one you work for, it is too bad we can't take the time to actually take care of the customer

10. PurpleDrool

PurpleDrool Member

Welcome to the NASTY world of FedEx, Con-Way Estes and others. Won't be long IMO before Old Dominion follows the insanity. Every single driver of a trucking outfit needs to organize. Unions are not a cure all, but it gives us drivers leverage, and a unified voice in this In-Your-Face world of LTL and the way they are treating their most prized assets, good, safe and dependable drivers. All these carriers are doing is digging their own graves, and they want to take us down with them. WE HAVE TO FIGHT BACK!!! No matter who you work for. WE THE DRIVERS OF THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY MUST UNITE, OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!!! Just my thoughts. Fight, before it's too late.

11. ltltruckerdafg

ltltruckerdafg New Member

idk guys, ive been here 8 yrs and its one of the best out there! have things changed? yes like anything else(hell I had hair 20 yrs ago!)i notice with our 20 yr guys that they complain too about how it was,i get it! but if you dont change with the times you get left behind! listen I hate change(all men do) is all of it good? idk we'll see give it time! some of you never worked for a ****-hole co! I have mid-states! so saying all that it bugs me that people get on here and rip on a good company cause of some change or cause they closed a service center near you,im sure it was done for a reason not too spite anyone,im willing to bet the freight and average run for p&d was in the area they moved too. so it was a smart business move! if they ran it for convenience of us they'd probably go out of business! id still rather be here than anywhere else! so don't rag on my co especially if you dont work here! its kinda like a ex-wife move on already!!! thx have a great day!:wink:

Enforcer75 and monkeytoejam like this.