Yellow | Fedx buys tnt express

Wait for bigtruk's post.
Let me give it a shot . Well if YRC . Would concentrate more on not. Hiring these kids who. Do not want to drive. A truck for a living. Especially at 511. And bonus' for the high ups. Albeit they are hiding money in the Caymans. And using our 15 percent now to buy TNT. And FedEx. Shamefull!!!!

Let me give it a shot . Well if YRC . Would concentrate more on not. Hiring these kids who. Do not want to drive. A truck for a living. Especially at 511. And bonus' for the high ups. Albeit they are hiding money in the Caymans. And using our 15 percent now to buy TNT. And FedEx. Shamefull!!!!
Did anybody else read what Big R Guy said? "YRC is buying TNT and FEDX" :scratchhead::wee:

Jerry Hempstead, principal of Orlando, Fla.-based Hempstead Consulting, said that most observers have long anticipated the acquisition of TNT by FedEx, ever since UPS failed in its attempt to take over TNT.

“TNT has been trying to get itself sold for years ever since it split its mail group from its express group in 2010,” he noted. “Against the ever-expanding market shares of DHL, UPS and FedEx, TNT has struggled. They have done a great job in recovering from the loss of momentum, however, that was the result of the prolonged legal battle waged over the UPS offer. In the end I don’t believe UPS fully understood the lobbying power DHL has with the EU that put a kibosh on the takeover based on anti competitive reasons.”

As for the prospects of a successful FedEx-TNT deal, he said the Fedex offer is far more likely to pass such scrutiny and will now put FedEx in a greater competitive position in Europe.

“To me it has not been ‘if’ TNT would be sold to UPS but ‘when’ and at what price,” he explained. “FedEx will get TNT at a discount over the UPS offer of 2012 if they are successful. This is a great acquisition for FedEx who has proven in the past that they can make very successful acquisitions and have them work. Flying Tigers, RPS, Parcel Direct all come to mind as acquisitions that were risky but have paid off handsomely over the years. Don’t underestimate the ability to throw obstacles in the way of this acquisition just as FedEx and UPS tried to scuttle the DHL acquisition of Airborne in 2003. Some people have long memories and are students of history. Unlike the Airborne deal this is not a matter of flights nor should it be about market share domination. This is real synergy I think between two like businesses.”

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/article/fedex_set_to_acquire_tnt_express_expand_reach_in_europe

:bouncy:

Yea but the bad news is instead of being just over 1 billion in debt we're now over 10 billion in debt and need another give back............................
NA, we are going to sell off the terminals and used equipment and be in the Black. Think of what the land alone will be worth. I smell big bonus' for the mechanics.