XPO | Feedback from St. Louis SCM Conference

Rumor is they are trying to work out a deal with fedex, only a rumor, as a driver why have they not told us anything?? Makes a guy wonder this may not turn out good!!!
Even if this were true - IF - it could NEVER happen during the current administration. This is borderline monopoly status and just would not fly in the face of regulators. Think about it : #1 in an industry merging with a #2 equals FedXPO Freight. Too much overlap between the two and not enough savings based on scale of combined company.

They're only sticking those cheap mailbox XPO stickers on the tractors because they don't want to stick a ton of money into the LTL. The stickers are on there to keep the workforce at ease while behind close doors they're looking for a buyer. This is far from over.

Really... where'd you get this hot tip from???
Had Enough is a troll and he wants to get us stirred up so that we will feed him. Remember to not feed the troll. Did you read the article about Jacobs? He makes it very clear that he is going to build a global brand and we are part of that brand.

Please all XPO dsr's...chill, relax and live one day at a time. It's only been about 2 months since Mr. Jacobs closed on us Conway guys. Why in the world would he buy us just to sell us off in 2 months ? Maybe he will in the future, but I doubt that he would fork over 3 billion in 2015 and sell us to FEDEX in 2016, 17, etc. and not make anything. No!!! I just can't see him doing that anytime soon ...certainly not in the near future. He himself stated that one of the reasons he bought us is cause he wants assets so that he can have capacity in a tightening capacity market that he thinks is coming w/i the next 2-3 years or so.

Trolls just love to stir the pot... but just be cool and don't let their stuff get to you...K?

What I'm struggling to understand is that according to what I've read, Conway made money. And since everyone seems to agree that Mr. Jacobs likes to make money, so why would he want to sell a cash cow? I think that I remember reading that Conway had 500 million in cash and was profitable every year, so why would a money lover sell a money maker?
:scratchhead:

I just don't understand why they are keeping everyone in the dark about what's going on? They could give us a little in site of the future and what changes are to come.

What I'm struggling to understand is that according to what I've read, Conway made money. And since everyone seems to agree that Mr. Jacobs likes to make money, so why would he want to sell a cash cow? I think that I remember reading that Conway had 500 million in cash and was profitable every year, so why would a money lover sell a money maker?
:scratchhead:

They made money, but not the kind of money they were capable of making. I don't think he wants to sell it at all, but things are definitely going to change, and I hope for my friends still there, for the better.

I get a kick how everyone refers to Brad Jacobs as "Mr. Jacobs"..

Why not? He's got my respect. After all he is 'The Man' of this corporation. He went all in w/ lots and lots of his own money to start up this outfit only four years ago. And now, after 16 acquisitions later, look at it...on the verge of becoming a global enterprise. Seems to me, compared to the previous CNW leadership, that Mr. Jacobs' business savvy is a cut above the average entrepreneur's talents. 'American Shipper' named him 'Man of the year' cause he's doing things to grow his business by leaps and bounds... probably more than anybody else in the transportation industry. Unless he does a 180 on policy, good business decisions etc., I'll cut him some slack and will continue to refer to him in my posts as 'Mr. Jacobs'...showing him the respect that I think he deserves. Just my opinion...nothing personal !!!

I get a kick out of the people that think Con-Way was bought to be sold again. To sell something, you need a buyer. Who would buy the LTL division of XPO? There's no incentive for FEDEX or another competitor to buy it.

I get a kick out of the people that think Con-Way was bought to be sold again. To sell something, you need a buyer. Who would buy the LTL division of XPO? There's no incentive for FEDEX or another competitor to buy it.

Also, Jacobs has said multiple times that he thinks there's going to be a shortage of capacity in trucking in the future and he felt like he needed his own fleet to be ready for it. That doesn't sound like, "I hope someone will buy this fleet from me so that I'll have less capacity."

I get a kick how everyone refers to Brad Jacobs as "Mr. Jacobs"..

Why not? He's got my respect. After all he is 'The Man' of this corporation. He went all in w/ lots and lots of his own money to start up this outfit only four years ago. And now, after 16 acquisitions later, look at it...on the verge of becoming a global enterprise. Seems to me, compared to the previous CNW leadership, that Mr. Jacobs' business savvy is a cut above the average entrepreneur's talents. 'American Shipper' named him 'Man of the year' cause he's doing things to grow his business by leaps and bounds... probably more than anybody else in the transportation industry. Unless he does a 180 on policy, good business decisions etc., I'll cut him some slack and will continue to refer to him in my posts as 'Mr. Jacobs'...showing him the respect that I think he deserves. Just my opinion...nothing personal !!!
It's your prerogative of course, but I'd call him Brad if he walked into the terminal tonight.
I usually save "Mr." for teachers and elderly neighbors..

I understand where you're coming from and I admire your ability to be that relaxed w/ Mr. Jacobs if you met him personally, but I don't think that I could do the same. I guess it's just the way that I'm wired. It's not so much the individual person per se, cause in all honesty sometimes I really don't care for some big shots, but the status that that person has achieved by their tremendous efforts and ambition...that deserves respect. Example: Years ago I addressed my commanding officer,( John Kleeber), not as "Good morning Johnny how are ya this morning?" but rather..."Good morning Col. Kleeber, how are you this morning sir?"...and I really didn't care for the guy but I gave the guy's status due respect.

I'm lacking a few zeros on my net worth to buy OD also. I'm guessing that OD isn't up for sale either.
I know that you understand my point from above, but when any company shows a consistent profit, there is always a buyer that would be interested. XPO freight would be no different in my opinion.

This Mr Jacobs is moving faster in the big business world than I can ever remember seeing or reading or hearing for that matter....just sayin..

I'll call him late for dinner and eat his food before he gets to the table.

Okay, that's just rude. Eat another mans supper ?

Your the kind a guy that sleeps with a fellas girl and then takes a shower and dries off with HIS towel.

Come on man. There are some things that are just to much.

Now that they know it only took $3 billion to buy it. I am sure there are a lot of companies interested. The price tag was not nearly as much as expected.