TForce | Feeder driver

INewIt2

TB Lurker
Credits
Currently working at con-way freight and got an interview tomorrow (or should I say in a few hrs 8am) for a feeder driver at the addison il hub. Can anybody let me know what the heck is a feeder driver? Is it a p&d spot? Linehaul? Please let me know and is it an awesome job?
Thanks.

I take it that you are talking about a parcel driving position and not a freight position. If they said feeder you will be running to and from terminals like you do for conway. As I'm not very familiar with parcel operations I can not help you out much beyond that. However I can tell you that if that is the parcel hub off of 294 it is the 2nd largest parcel facility in the country behind Louisville Worldport.

It would be night line haul,.........

Is it a permanent position or a temporary seasonal position for the holidays??

To my knowledge 'Feeder' is a term given to all UPS trailer drivers and they can work any and all hours. Some go out during the day making pickups and others go out at night swapping trailers and driving terminal to terminal, some are in sleeper teams traveling long distances. You get what your seniority lets you have.

Very few sleepers more small mileage drop and hooks here on east cost. There hub in Harrisburg has about 20 other eol terminals within 60 miles or less

Thanks guys. Was told it was just seasonal with the possibility of full time after January. Doing drug test now and starting Monday. Hope all goes well

You can read about it on browncafe website. ....its a UPS package version of TB. Alot of guys got notified last week about it. I'm not telling the guy not to take the job...just letting him know. Heck I left 20 years at Holland for UPS in Hodgkins. ...best move I ever made....should of went sooner.

I'd say it's pretty risky to hop to UPS this time of year from a job. Now if you didn't have a job to start with that would be another story.

Abfer is correct....most seasonals will be let go in January.....but you never know. Could have alot of guys retiring once the contracts are settled.....as Dirty Harry would say "Do you feel lucky?"

Thanks guys. Was told it was just seasonal with the possibility of full time after January. Doing drug test now and starting Monday. Hope all goes well

You better leave it alone if you have family and obligations. You will not make what the full time feeder drivers make. I did it one year during "peak season" and the pay scale was $14 per hour, needless to say, I didn't last too long, especially after I was told to empty a trailer full of pallets by hand and then sweep it out.

You better leave it alone if you have family and obligations. You will not make what the full time feeder drivers make. I did it one year during "peak season" and the pay scale was $14 per hour, needless to say, I didn't last too long, especially after I was told to empty a trailer full of pallets by hand and then sweep it out.

What yr did u work? $14.00? It's 27 an hr right now. I can deal with that until Jan.

What yr did u work? $14.00? It's 27 an hr right now. I can deal with that until Jan.

It has been a few years since I did that, but a word of caution, are you going to be hired as a seasonal driver or a full time driver?. I believe the rate of pay that you are quoting is the starting pay for full time drivers and not pay for seasonal drivers.. You best make sure about your status.

04cecfa0ca8957921b7591da6098223f.jpg

Hope this helps clear things up