TForce | Feeder position, Edwardsville Ks and Lenexa Ks

Dordcnwy

TB Lurker
Credits
Small package is hiring feeder drivers for the Lenexa and Edwardsville Ks terminals, I have applied for both, can anyone tell me if one terminal is better than the other, also how does the job of feeder driver compare to LTL linehaul? Are all runs meets/drop hooks? Also any idea what starting pay is? And are all feeder drivers hired as temps? Thanks in advance

Small package is hiring feeder drivers for the Lenexa and Edwardsville Ks terminals, I have applied for both, can anyone tell me if one terminal is better than the other, also how does the job of feeder driver compare to LTL linehaul? Are all runs meets/drop hooks? Also any idea what starting pay is? And are all feeder drivers hired as temps? Thanks in advance
Try brown cafe. That's the ups package forum.

Pay attention to the ad... Does it say seasonal or permanent full time? If it is the latter, than go for it and do not look back. If it is a seasonal job, then you will work from November until January 15th and be laid off. There are exceptions to that though because technically the free hiring period is during peak, but if the hub or center needs drivers bad enough, you can qualify during peak. Qualifying means 30 worked days with no accidents, injuries, incidents and satisfactory job performance.

The job itself is one of the highest paid in the industry when you figure in everything... Pay, benefits and pension. 100% company paid Teamster' union benefits and UPS funded pension plan. It takes 4 years to get to top scale, but you should be making 6 figures at that point. On top of that, you actually get some respect.

If it is a seasonal job, then you have a tough choice to make. You can quit your job, take the seasonal job, and hope and pray that a future spot opens up quickly. I did the seasonal job one year because I was laid off at ABF. Instead of scrambling at Christmas time, I applied for the peak Feeder job and got it. Almost a year and a HF later, I got hired FT off the street as a package car driver, FT permanent. I like package car, but Feeders is where I want to go, so I will wait for the next Feeder bid to be posted, sign it, and keep my fingers crossed.

If you have any questions or what have you, feel free to ask away... Been through it twice and while I am in my first year trying to scrape by, it will be worth it at top scale.

Edit -- Lenexa is a big hub... I have been there quite a few times. Don't know anything about the other center. In my opinion, your chances of full time permanent increase exponentially at a big hub compared to a smaller center.