ABF | Feel like a mushroom

vamike416

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't know about anyone else.. but this contract has been the most bizarre that I can remember. No word at all on the deal, talk of buyouts, consolidations, etc. etc. The only thing I take of it so far is.. maybe Judy didn't get all that she wanted because of the leaks about consolidation..which was what they threatened... but on the other hand, if we are getting a decent contract, surely the good news would have been leaked by now. So I'm thinking it's not gonna be good. And as far as the YRC thing... I wouldn't put it past ABF to sell....It's all about stockholders...nothing to do with us. Oh, BTW.. YRC & ABF stock are just about the same now... strange. :wavey:

Stranger than fiction....Judy has found herself being courted for the Good Old Boys Club....but, hopefully....she can gracefully turn down the membership...and get out from under the bus

You are correct that the stockholders have the final word. The Board of Directors work for the stockholders & management works for the B.O.D. If the company doesn't show some profit the B.O.D. would certainly sell off what is not profitable & invest in something that will give a return on investments. I don't think this board will allow ABC stock to go to a penny stock like YRC. You can't attract investors with huge losses.

You can manipulate the stock price with false offers to buy. You can set aside lawsuits if your competitor will help you manipulate stock price.....

You can manipulate the stock price with false offers to buy. You can set aside lawsuits if your competitor will help you manipulate stock price.....

Sorry I ever doubted you, when are you going to set up the account to hire our labor lawyer....I'll send the first $100, about 5,000 of us ABF folks could no doubt retain a good one with cool half million, maybe less

Really...I'm not being sarcastic, if we could somehow get a grassroots group to seriously take this bunch to task, and could find an attorney with the clout to do it, but no one is going to offer to do it pro bono, we would have to pay the firm....

I would think Mr. Hoffa has enough clout with the Dept. of Labor....and certainly enough of our dues money,.. to ask the attorneys on retainer to start looking into things. After all, Mr. Welch made him and his high-priced appointees look like clueless fools to his membership......I think that would be enough for Mr. Hoffa to start grinding an axe. And....if he doesn't,....well he looks pretty complicit in the whole thing, then,....and that's worse than looking foolish. That'll be the point we'll start raising money.....