Yellow | Fellow drivers regarding tsa fingerprints

If YRCF O/R were to dip below 90, an argument might be made for said reimbursement.
:17142:
Correctomundo, Cayman man!!! If we were making money and not carrying the huge debt load, it would be something to negotiate in.

I have yet to use the Hazmat Endorsement in my personal life. I maintain it for the exclusive benefit of company I haul hazardous material for.

Along with my H/M endorsement I also maintain my doubles/triples, tanker, air brake, etc. endorsements which allow me the opportunity to work in this profession. I also maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to keep my license and remain gainfully employed until I choose otherwise. Should I demand that YRC pay my grocery bill to maintain that healthy lifestyle? I believe we have it pretty good being reimbursed for our DOT physicals. Company makes the appt, company pays for the exam and pays me two hours, usually O/T, to take exam, which usually allows me enough time to turn paperwork in to DMV. My beef is with Homeland Security who fail to keep my records for more than five years.

We never got paid for that and the two bit docs that they send us to are pretty far from home for me.

Some of the comments in this thread are a good example of how reluctant people can be to admit that someone they trust is taking advantage of them. It seems the more they have invested, the more they tend to resist the obvious.

The cost of the TSA requirements should be passed on directly to the customer through the Hazardous Material Fee. An hourly employee, with no control over the cost of the Hazmat fee, should not be forced to absorb any of the cost for compliance with government regulations.

We never got paid for that and the two bit docs that they send us to are pretty far from home for me.
We have several choices, if the clinic is reasonably in route between your home and the terminal no travel time is paid. But ALL time at the clinic is compensated.:1036316054:

Some of the comments in this thread are a good example of how reluctant people can be to admit that someone they trust is taking advantage of them. It seems the more they have invested, the more they tend to resist the obvious.

The cost of the TSA requirements should be passed on directly to the customer through the Hazardous Material Fee. An hourly employee, with no control over the cost of the Hazmat fee, should not be forced to absorb any of the cost for compliance with government regulations.

Some of the comments
in this thread are a good example of
how reluctant people can be to admit
that someone they trust is taking
advantage of them. It seems the more
they have invested, the more they
tend to resist the obvious

The cost of the TSA requirements should be passed on directly to the customer through the Hazardous
Material Fee. An hourly employee,
with no control over the cost of the
Hazmat fee, should not be forced http://www.bizjournals.com/kansasci...jump-up-on-highest-paid-list.html?ana=yahooto absorb any of the cost for compliance
with government regulations.
Amen brother.

The Hazmat fee is a tax deduction if you itemize.

The Hazmat fee is a tax deduction if you itemize.
Sure it is.
So is work boots, gloves, clothing, and union dues. But you have to reach a certain amount of deductions before it gives you any credit. Same w giving to charities.
Hardly even worth itemiizing for

Should they pass on the cost of you having a CDL to the customer also?? Required by government..

Sure it is.
So is work boots, gloves, clothing, and union dues. But you have to reach a certain amount of deductions before it gives you any credit. Same w giving to charities.
Hardly even worth itemiizing for
For combo or P&D, maybe not. For road drivers on laydown bids and sleeper teams, yes it is worth itemizing!

Should they pass on the cost of you having a CDL to the customer also?? Required by government..
If they charged a one dollar surcharge for every hazmat shipment they could reimburse every driver and make thousands w the leftover. Kind of the same way they ripped off the customer for the extra fuel surcharge and pocketed the leftover

If they charged a one dollar surcharge for every hazmat shipment they could reimburse every driver and make thousands w the leftover. Kind of the same way they ripped off the customer for the extra fuel surcharge and pocketed the leftover
Maybe forward your concern to Welch, and get his thoughts on this issue?