Fiery crash collapses California freeway

Glad I Dont Live In California

The driver was inexperienced and hit the rail going too fast is the scoop out here in LaLa land.

Most tanker companies I have heard of won't hire people with his record, but thats a moot point now. At least no one got killed.

He's damn lucky he made it out burned but alive.

I hope that he learned a big lesson .It looks like the rule baring people with problems on the records didn't stop him getting his
CDL. So in this case the system FAILED!
Now I got a ticket for a car accident in Texas last year.(CAR vs Car)Very minor in nature .I was on vacation at the time .
Of course I don't live in Texas,thinking that maybe I wouldn't try to fight it .
Insurance covered it.I cann't plead out.The judge says a driver with a CDL gets the points .No IF's ANDS or BUTS! I have a lawyer working on it for me . No injuries other than to my pride. I have a clean record for the most part..

Yeah up in New York State here if you are involved in an accident.
Even though no blame goes to you,and a police report is filed.
Then it shows on your DMV print out as an accident,but doesn't say who was at fault.

This stays on your record for about 7 years.

Some laws just aren't fair thats for sure.

I'm just wondering what's going to happen to those coming over the border!

They will be sent back and told not to come back, just like their border-jumping brethren are when they get caught north of the Rio Grande on US soil.

Maybe once enough Americans understand that there is no formal extradition agreement between Mexico and the US and that if a mexican steering wheel holder can make a run for the border after a fatal accident and that they will not be brought to justice by Mexican
"law" (an oxymoron), then maybe, just maybe, things will change, but I doubt it.

Americans want stuff cheap and they will get just that: cheap stuff and cheap drivers.

God bless America.

There are a lot of scary things about this accident. The driver in question is 52 years old. He got his CDL less then 2 years ago. :hide: He drove a tomato truck until 10 months ago. :hide: He has a felony record including heroin possesion that goes back to 1982. He has cleaned up his life, and was screened, and cleared for a hazmat endorsement by TSA.:hide: The truck involved is only 6 years old. In the last 3 years alone it and it's driver have recieved 27 violations. That's correct 27 violations. Including 1 in the last year placing it out of service for dangerous brakes. The place where this happened is well known as a danger spot. I know of several accidents involving trucks including 1 that a very experienced driver who is a friend of mine.

What caused the fire initially?

OH... it didnt need to melt the steel. Just soften it enough to where it could not support the weight. The media is wrong when it used the term "melt".
But what else is new?

Thanks Spooner for your reply.
Oh I am sure the good Senator is howling.

But what I want to know is this, what caused the fire initially?

Has anyone noticed an increase of fires with newer rigs?