Fight For $15

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Great example how it was crooked from day one.

Sometime I even agree with Rumps

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Only property owners voted. Should still be that way. Obama said you need skin in the game...

3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

Yes "crooked" unlike your Lord having your family thrown off his land because you failed to bow
    or the King having you imprisoned for years without trial
    The founders were geniuses that saw the disfunctions of society and did what they could to establish laws that worked for the people.
    compare that to the blood lust of the French Revolution. What did that get them, an Emperor

4. Magoo

If they were 'geniuses" they found out they had to deal with people whose first loyalty was to their pockets.
    And the story is still developing.

5. Magoo

Go to the store and buy a bottle of laundry detergent, you pay sales tax therefore skin in the game.

6. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Oh, man, you called me a Libtard. You really got me there. :burnsauce: ....Yawn.

You think you know so much? Have you ever seen me say I was in favor of a $15 min. wage? Or that I felt a fast food job was ever expected to be able to sustain a family? My post actually alluded to the opposite, but all you saw was my name posting it.

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

I always enjoy reading a post from a radical leftist that forgets what they wrote.

You sound like one of those types that put your nose in the air with arrogance when dealing with anyone that isn't a big shot like yourself.

8. Northern Flash

So what is fair? Why stop at $15 per hour, why not go up to $25 per hour?

To get ahead in life......that's why. It's called incentive and initiative. With your type of attitude spreading across this nation, it's obvious why nobody strives to move up in the world. You guys want everything to be equal, and there are a lot of people who don't deserve to be equal with others, since they consistently make bad choices and have zero work ethic.

9. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I get your point.

My personal observations are that fast food workers generally aren't raising a family. That would go against the argument that they need to earn more money, say, $15 per hour.

I actually would like to see a separate minimum wage, specifically for college age and younger. I don't know, maybe $9 per hour, then a minimum of $12 per hour for 23 and up. Does that make me a rightie or a leftie?

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Go out West. Lots and lots McDs, staffed by middle aged Mexicans who speak little English. Many McDs also installing kiosk ordering machines...

Big Dave likes this.
  11. Magoo

That's magnanimous of you, of course you're right!

12. Magoo

It makes no difference what level of employment a person has, if its full time work they should earn a living.
    You may think their job is menial and below yours but that's your judging another's life.
    The problem lies with you, not their job

13. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

I know this concept maybe hard, but it is not a good idea to start a nation, then immediately collapse the economy. Remember there was no "United States" then giving away billions in tax payer dollars in foreign aide. We were new, and in debt (we owed the French $25 Million)

they are
    it might not be the lifestyle they want and all the toys they wish.
    You know how many "poor" I see each and every day with $200 sneakers and Iphones?
    They want needs fulfilled so they can focus on wants, read Maslow

14. Northern Flash

That two different minimum wages idea could never happen since the 23 years old and up folks would never get hired because they would cost too much for a small company. Not a bad idea, but never going to happen.

Side note: On this issue, you sound like your are close to the center. {But you typically lean to the left.}

15. Northern Flash

........and those kiosks always show up to work.......and don't have marijuana on it's breath.
    As the minimum wage rises, so will the numbers of kiosks.

16. Northern Flash

When Commiefornia gets the minimum wage up to $15 per hour, do you think that it stops there?

17. Northern Flash

Wrong. Your value to your employer is what makes you worth more money. I could walk down the street and find 50 people who are qualified to work at a fast food joint within 30 minutes. And I could ask those same 50 people if they are qualified to be a truck driver, and probably couldn't find even 3 of them that are. So who is worth more money, a truck driver or a fast food worker......since there is no shortage of people qualified to work at a fast food joint?

Those facts have nothing to do with judging their life, and has everything to do with their value to a corporation. They have very little value and deserve very little pay since they can be replaced so easily by other low skilled people.

18. Magoo

Probably will be stuck at $15 for another 25 years or so until they raise it again.
    Then the whole struggle starts again.

19. Magoo

You could be replaced this afternoon.

20. Big Dave

Big Dave Dispatcher for Team BRG-Wong

You mean Southern Flash??

Magoo likes this.